Reyes Plans to Warn Ref About Jones

Was there ever a fight when the ref should have deducted a point from Jones for eye poking?

• Total voters
It seems he has already lost in his mind. I remember when Gus called Jones a cheater before getting his head hammered into the canvas.
It's called working the ref. But it won't make a difference. Herb Dean doesn't give a shit. Might as well have an earpiece straight from Dana White.

I say Reyes should go in there and eyepoke the shit out of Jones

As stupid as it is, referees in any sport aren’t meant to take a fighters reputation into account when making a decision. Jones gets away with one or two every fight for this reason.

That's not 100% true.

In baseball ... if the umps feel that two teams are heated over a player being hit by a pitch in the last series ... they generally get an advance warning for no retaliation.

The second the team does beam the opposing player (on purpose or by "mistake") the umps waste no time and kicking the pitcher out and MLB generally fines them.

Giving one free eye poke just means eye pokers get one for free. .
This is unfortunately the truth. The only rational action as a fighter is to get off first with the eye poke, and then go with the groin strike and on down the line

I think st preux had the right idea.. just smack his extended fingers.. or if badass use one of the scrambles to break one of..
I wonder if you could sort of palm strike to jam them. You'd have to find the right distance though and usually they're right in your face and then he drops it when space opens up. But his hand is right there for the grabbing...and I'm no fighter but couldn't you grab that wrist with both hands and violently twist it combined with a trip or a kick to the body or something? Hell, I don't know but Jon will pay the price someday

Against Glover, Jones repeatedly had his fingers extended stopping Glover getting in close to work.

Not the first tine either, but this is less about Jones and more about refs not following the rules.

I believe not extending your fingers was changed well after the Glover fight. Or at least it was well after that fight they announced they were going to enforce it.

It's obvious Jones uses his hands to gauge distance and has poked people but he's not the only one for sure. There have been way more blatant eye pokes since the last time Jones fouled anyone.

Every time an eye poke happens people bring up the UFC not changing the gloves they were supposedly working on. I've never heard a peep from Dana about those gloves in years so are they just too fucking lazy or too cheap or what?

Plot twist: Reyes pokes Jones and gets a point deducted without warning

If you want to stand a chance against Jones you eye gouge him and ball kick him in the first minute if you can, probably not.

I would love to see Reyes intentionally poke Jon in the first round. If Jon is going to take advantage of his "unintentional" free pass then Reyes should too. And I bet Jon would totally play it up and act like it was a terrible foul.

Lol he shouldn’t say stuff like this just go in and dominate if he’s capable of it. This makes him look and sound weak.

I don't understand this sentiment. Fighting within the rules is already tough enough as it is, guys getting away with eye pokes is fucked up.

Totally agree. Refs let those Harlem Globetrotter assholes get away with murder.

Fouls should be immediate point deductions.

Intentional or not, the fouled fighter is hindered by it, so it only makes sense that the one who fouled gets a point taken.

Back