Reyes lost the same way Gus lost the 1st Jones fight

JM Barrie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can't win a belt back-peddling the entire fight.

After the fight the UFC likes to show you the strikes and only the strikes but this isn't boxing rules, this is MMA rules and there is a lot more to it than striking.

If you are walking forward but getting hit more you are losing... if it was equal he would deserve the round of course but first two rounds especially he got hit more. Reyes was using footwork. Besides the controversy that was a great fight to watch and I got hyped watching it

This bicycles model name is Point Reyes. Just 1 point.

$_86.JPG

Perfect for riding after 2 rounds of throwing punches and hitting air.

If you are walking forward but getting hit more you are losing... if it was equal he would deserve the round of course but first two rounds especially he got hit more. Reyes was using footwork. Besides the controversy that was a great fight to watch and I got hyped watching it

So are you saying if the fighter is hitting then the advancing criteria shouldn't apply to that fighter?

Also the striking wasn't far off.

Double yellow?. Be careful my friend.

Jones took a lot of risk in the Gus fight tho.¨

In the Reyes fight he showed no killer instinct

For rounds 1 to 3 Reyes beat Jones' ass like he was a client with unpaid fees for IT services.

Gus lost to Jones in the first fight.

Both fights were easy to score.

After the fight the UFC likes to show you the strikes and only the strikes but this isn't boxing rules, this is MMA rules and there is a lot more to it than striking.

Basically you’re saying Diego Sanchez should actually be undefeated in all his decision losses?

Not even close

Gus won 2 rounds and lost three

Reyes won 1-3.

3 rounds to 2 he wins. There's no such thing as not winning while backpedaling. I'd like to see this new imaginary ruleset desperate jones fans are inventing.

Pretty sure thats Volk won against max mostly on the back foot

For rounds 1 to 3 Reyes beat Jones' ass like he was a client with unpaid fees for IT services.

Easy for you to score by your own metrics, sure, but that means jack all since your metrics do not define the system. The reality is that the systems metrics are not well defined. They are up for interpretation. In other words, other people more educated than you will also find it "easy to score" by their interpretation and will come to a different conclusion than you.

gust lost the first because no usada and jones was juiced to the gills.
please elaborate on how walking backwards while landing more strikes means you lose.
you lose.

Well then Machida must have lost all his UDs... because he was back-pedaling... while peppering his opponents with strikes for 3 rounds... right?
<LikeReally5>

I wonder if the people who think Reyes won think Romero won vs Costa?

A lot of the same arguments can be used there.

I had Gus santos and now Reyes beating jones

gsp is the goat

So are you saying if the fighter is hitting then the advancing criteria shouldn't apply to that fighter?

Also the striking wasn't far off.
If someone is walking foward but losing the exchanges they shouldn’t get the round. And it’s scored round by round basis so you can take the numbers and look at them. Also impact of strikes, Reyes shots had way more power in them

Not even close

Gus won 2 rounds and lost three

Reyes won 1-3.

3 rounds to 2 he wins. There's no such thing as not winning while backpedaling. I'd like to see this new imaginary ruleset desperate jones fans are inventing.

Pretty sure thats Volk won against max mostly on the back foot
@NorrisB

Gus vs Jon Jones was a way better/more competitive fight. It was a back and forth fight where it could've went either way.

Jon Jones was very passive in this fight with Dom. Yes he did come forward but no it doesn't somehow earn him the win IMO.

Back