Reyes is going to be the new Gus

What's crazy/scary about Jon Jones is that he's a remarkable student of the game. He definitely learned a lot from the fight against Reyes. If they fight again, Jones will make the adjustments and go from there.
That's true, and why i said First shot Is best shot

You can prepare for Jones, but if you proof to be a legit threat, Jones will prepare for you

Guy is already very talented, got winner mentality, big/tall/rangy af for LHW, physically gifted, he's on the juice, play dirty, got usually judges on his side etc

Best challenger shot is being big/tall enough to not be overwhelmed, have strong game AND surprise him

Last factor kinda get lost in rematch

Last edited:
Reyes is a bit like Gus except he has KO power and can throw uppercuts, Gus can only eat them. But yes, if and when they rematch we might see the “good” version of Jones again that should squash Reyes.
Gus threw beautiful upper cuts see the shogun fight

I agree, reyes is broken now. I watched the after fight presser and he said "I proved I belonged in there." Who's he trying to convince?!?
Sorry but thats loser mentality, the goal was to WIN, take the belt, and be the first one to dethrone jones. That didn't happen so he should be crushed no matter how well he performed.

Even though Reyes did well last night - he left NO marks on Jon’s face. Zero.
Gus beat Jon up badly in the first fight.
Jones had visible bleeding and swelling in the mid to late rounds. You should look closer.

Back