Reyes is going to be the new Gus

Even though Reyes did well last night - he left NO marks on Jon’s face. Zero.
Gus beat Jon up badly in the first fight.

Wrong. Look at Jon's insta stories. Black eye, minor cuts on his face and torso. Left leg was also cut and bleeding.

No, because Gus didn't win even in the first fight.
Neither did

You win when the ref stop it calling the fight in your favour or 2-3 judges at the end say you won in theyr opinion

This happened to neither Reyes or Gus

Then, if i was the One to chose?
Gus could have been a Draw, but the points decision for Jones was'nt a crazy result at all
Reyes will have won due 123, making him the winner of 3 rounds out 5

But i'm not the One that chose, neither are you

I'm saying pattern is going to be the same
Rematch will take forever while 51% of sherdog will everyday say is going to be Rocky vs Apollo 2, then fight happen and you know the rest lol

With smart fighters like Jones first shot is best shot

Jones clearly won 3 rounds over Gus in their first fight. Therefore, he won.

Reyes clearly won 3 rounds over Jones last night. Therefore, he won.

Corruption aside, that's the reality.

Jones clearly won 3 rounds over Gus in their first fight. Therefore, he won.

Reyes clearly won 3 rounds over Jones last night. Therefore, he won.

Corruption aside, that's the reality.
You should inform Reyes "he won", i'm sure he will be happy af

There were points where it looked like Jones eyes were closing up, then came good. Weird AS. Maybe the Picos help.
Plus obviously those lil red marks showing on Reyes aren't gonna show up on Jones dark skin

He's got that Anderson Silva skin. You can hit that guy with a sledgehammer in the face and he won't have a mark on him, it's bizarre.

Exactly.
Reyes fought a good fight but at no point did he show he was a champion caliber fighter.
You can’t give up in the championship rounds, especially with such a close fight

Gus totally fell out of love with MMA after the heart & effort he put into the Jones 1 & DC fight yet falling a millimetre short of getting the nod on the scorecards to be named champion on both occasions. He gave his all in those fights and got nothing out of them in terms of glory. You could see that haunted him the fact the best version of himself couldn't just get over the line, his later performances he wasn't in there to be the best anymore. Reyes seems more of a competitor, took the L relatively well like he knows he can improve on that performance where as Gus looked like he lost an ounce of his soul from his first title shot knowing that was his absolute best. That wasn't Reyes's best because he slowed down, if he learns how to slow the tempo of a fight down & how to dictate pace then he will rule that division for a long time. He also doesn't have to worry about a prime Jones, prime DC, prime Rumble being his rivals... Jones will move to HW for legacy, DC has one fight left at HW & Rumble is coming back at HW. Reyes will have the Smith's, Ozdemirs, Anderson's, Santos's of the world to fight which is way easier than who Gus had to fight at the top

You should inform Reyes "he won", i'm sure he will be happy af

he knows it

and so does jones, who is probably thinking about his mistakes and how to correct them for the rematch

it'll probably be an even better fight with both taking more risks

he knows it

and so does jones, who is probably thinking about his mistakes and how to correct them for the rematch

it'll probably be an even better fight with both taking more risks
Then he should inform the ufc, so they will give him the belt and correct the L into a W

About rematch i don't see JJ taking more risks
More magic vitamins* and a better contain gameplan, that will result in judges paper saying again good things, then people will be like "this next guy will defeat him!"

And at some point it will be true, Jones performances are declining and at some point will find his werdum

*"Jones looks strong" weighin threads, add that to the prophecy

Exactly.
Reyes fought a good fight but at no point did he show he was a champion caliber fighter.
You can’t give up in the championship rounds, especially with such a close fight

Quoted for truth.

I have no idea what Reyes' corner told him before that fifth and final round, but my guess is that more urgency was needed.

Even if he did think he won the first three rounds, did he and his corner seriously fucking think that Jones wasn't going to get at least one of those rounds on the judges scorecards? The fight was in Texas, which doesn't have a lot of experience with fights of that magnitude, they haven't adopted the ABC rules, and Jones was the reigning champion and pound for pound great.

If he had fought the championship rounds with the type of urgency and resolve that he fought the first three in, this forum would be having an entirely different conversation right now. Instead of debating the scores, we would be debating on if Jones should retire or try to go to the well one more time and reclaim his throne.

Dominick threw that fight away in the championship rounds. It was his to lose, and he lost it. He could have won, he could have been a champion, two of the three judges were competent and open to giving him rounds if he made a case for it, but he didn't when it mattered the most, because Jones won those last two rounds.

Exactly.
His first five round fight ever. Wins the first 3 rounds and still has enough in his tank to not even get in any trouble in the 4th and 5th.

Jon is seriously fucked Reyes is going to be king.

If reyes does slow the tempo down he doesnt win 2 rounds. Simple as that

I'm hoping Reyes will do what Shogun Rua did in his rematch with Machida after the first match was a robbery
Shogun didn’t coast rounds 4 & 5. I think Dom did well, but I don’t think he was deserving like Shogun was.

Back