Reyes did a Hendricks

Colin

Better than you
@red
Reaction score
Reyes thought he had won the fight after 4 rounds, coasted the 5th and lost. Ala Hendricks.

On one hand you have got to feel sorry for Dom, he clearly has an argument for winning the first 3 rounds.

That said, it was never a given. How poor MMA judges are is hardly a well kept secret, but regardless, it was debatable.

What I saw in the 5th round was a fighter in the most important round of his life, sitting back. Exhausted, obviously, but he sat it out. Just like Hendricks.

This seems to be a mental thing for challengers, not finishing championship rounds strongly. I think he mentally lost the fight in that round. Both on the score cards and the overall fight in the literal sense of the word.

Granted, Jones was the fresher fighter so maybe (probably most likely) he would never have been able to win the final round, but something doesn't sit right with me when challengers like Hendricks and Reyes, fighting two of the most dominant champions in the sport, try to 'just do enough'. I beleive this was a show of a little lack of experience, certainly championship level experience.

To me that's a great lesson for all fighters, especially challengers and one I would expect Reyes to learn from. It cost Hendricks' career alot. It'll be interesting to see if Dom ever gets back into that position again.

The deciding round of GSP vs Hendricks, yet people still cry robbery.

GSP outstruck and ougrappled hendricks in round 1

upload_2020-2-9_11-26-23.png

While GSP won but i am pretty sure Jones was gonna lose the belt today

Reyes thought he had won the fight after 4 rounds, coasted the 5th and lost. Ala Hendricks.

On one hand you have got to feel sorry for Dom, he clearly has an argument for winning the first 3 rounds.

That said, it was never a given. How poor MMA judges are is hardly a well kept secret, but regardless, it was debatable.

What I saw in the 5th round was a fighter in the most important round of his life, sitting back. Exhausted, obviously, but he sat it out. Just like Hendricks.

This seems to be a mental thing for challengers, not finishing championship rounds strongly. I think he mentally lost the fight in that round. Both on the score cards and the overall fight in the literal sense of the word.

Granted, Jones was the fresher fighter so maybe (probably most likely) he would never have been able to win the final round, but something doesn't sit right with me when challengers like Hendricks and Reyes, fighting two of the most dominant champions in the sport, try to 'just do enough'. I beleive this was a show of a little lack of experience, certainly championship level experience.

To me that's a great lesson for all fighters, especially challengers and one I would expect Reyes to learn from. It cost Hendricks' career alot. It'll be interesting to see if Dom ever gets back into that position again.

Very different.

Reyes had no gas left, which is what Jones was counting on.

Hendricks in the other hand literally just took the round off.

Fun fact, how many incels crying about the Jones / Reyes fight, had GSP winning the Hendricks fight?

The hypocrisy shows you that this isnt about decisions. It's about hatred for a guy who makes their favorite fighters look like children.

I get what you're saying but if Hendricks, Reyes, or any challenger has won 3 rounds in the fight then they shouldn't have to finish strong to win. It seems the judges are interested in making sure the money fighter gets the nod. Bizarre...

No he didn’t. Reyes clearly won at least 3 rounds he got fucked over straight up

The controversy about Hendricks vs GSP is very different, because it is only about who won the first round, which was very close. Everybody agrees on the scoring of every other round, it's only about the first.

Here, all three judges gave a different score card :

Rosales : 2-4-5 to Jones
Solis : 2-3-4-5 to Jones (WTF)
Lee : 3-4-5 to Jones

Scorecard___Jones_vs._Reyes.jpg

Never take that 5th round off in a title fight... That's like telling Mom it's ok she forgot to pick up teh hot pockets before a big game of minecraft wit teh boyz.

Except you're retarded and GSP actually won the Hendricks fight, whereas Fightmetric CLEARLY shows Reyes winning rounds 1-3.

Reyes was not coasting.

He fought on his bicycle the majority of the fight and was out of gas during the championship rounds.

Very different.

Reyes had no gas left, which is what Jones was counting on.

Hendricks in the other hand literally just took the round off.

Fun fact, how many incels crying about the Jones / Reyes fight, had GSP winning the Hendricks fight?

The hypocrisy shows you that this isnt about decisions. It's about hatred for a guy who makes their favorite fighters look like children.
All things aside, when someone starts throwing out oddly specific insults as you have, I start to develop and oddly specific ideas about them.

i like this comparison. but i dont think reyes will tank after this.
also, the functional design of the scorecards, and the fact that they arent redesigned specifically for MMA, are both stupid as hell.... its easy shit

The controversy about Hendricks vs GSP is very different, because it is only about who won the first round, which was very close. Everybody agrees on the scoring of every other round, it's only about the first.

Here, all three judges gave a different score card :

Rosales : 2-4-5 to Jones
Solis : 2-3-4-5 to Jones (WTF)
Lee : 3-4-5 to Jones

Scorecard___Jones_vs._Reyes.jpg

Why are the first two rounds already filled in?

No, he didn't. Reyes didn't destroy Jones as Hendricks did on GSP. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Last edited:
Reyes used too much gas trying to overwhelm Jones at the beginning of the fight and it cost him in the later rounds. This is not what happened in GSP vs Hendricks. Hendricks was just broken down and beaten by a superior fighter.

Reyes used too much gas trying to overwhelm Jones at the beginning of the fight and it cost him in the later rounds. This is not what happened in GSP vs Hendricks. Hendricks was just broken down and beaten by a superior fighter.
Use too much gas? He used enough gas to win 3 rounds out of 5.

But in round one Reyes used way, way too much energy. If he was more efficient he could have won all the rounds.
I don’t think that’s true but even if it is - why does it matter? He won enough rounds to win the fight, he shouldn’t have to win every round.

It’s not a mental thing, it’s a CARDIO thing.

The guy who has fought 5 rounds many times does better in round 5 than the guy who has never been to the championship rounds.

Reyes probably thought he was conditioned and prepared for 5 but he didn’t pace himself and or have enough gas in the tank. I really doubt he was thinking “I’ll just take this round off and trust the judges.”

Also- some credit to Jones/GSP for being properly prepared and enough of a vet to know how to be the fresher guy in later rounds.

Why are the first two rounds already filled in?

Good question, maybe they started on a computer and something went wrong? Since the scores aren't the same, it's not too suspicious.

Back