Reyes clearly beat Jones last night but...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BlessedSoldier, Feb 9, 2020.

1. BlessedSoldier Banned Banned

The judges always will favor the champion in a decision even if their down 3 rounds. Reyes won 3 rounds but even if he won 4 he would have still lost. Jones barely won the 2 rounds he won. No one is letting anyone beat Jones without finishing him as bullshit as that is.

Jones is the last cash cow they have besides Conor, no way they wouldn’t pay off a couple judges to save themself.

This is arguably Jones 3rd robbery win.

2. Barteh Brown Belt

Jones 2,4,5

Deal with it

3. mjfan23 Silver Belt

Jon Jones is Canelo Alvarez of ufc

4. BigTruck Black Belt

I dont get the reference can you explain? I have to admit I actually dont even know who that is you referenced

5. themmahistorian White Belt

Scoring is done by rounds. Judges arent supposed to go back after the 4th round and change the score of the 3rd round.

Reyes 1,2,3. Should be champion

6. mjfan23 Silver Belt

You don’t know Alvarez? He’s some boxer the promotions are trying to build as the next biggest draw after mayweathers gone and they gifted him some really nice decisions like the ones against GGG

who is in your display picture is the more serious question

7. BigTruck Black Belt

Theres a mindset you have to stop the champ to beat the champ and its bullshit also the judges weren't even paying attention rogan and cruz pointed out a moment where one was on his phone and talking g to someone while the fight was on

8. Ralph Wiggum Brown Belt

I thought Reyes won the first three rounds, but by no means was this a highway robbery. It was a close fight. I wish Reyes would've used everything he had in the last round instead of just surviving. Seems like his coach had him believing it was in the bag and he was trying to just not get finished. Missed his golden opportunity, he had everything he needed to beat Jones last night.

9. GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth.

Judges are also supposed to watch the fight but they didn't do that either

10. vanillaisis Banned Banned

Why would the UFC pay judges off when a Jones loss and rematch would be huge money for them?

11. The Renegade Silver Belt

This shit again?

12. Summoning Silver Belt

Corrupt and fraud

Deal with it.

13. BigBadBruins Purple Belt

DJ/Cejudo was way closer than Jones/Reyes and they gave it to the challenger...

14. Shadowthrone Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

2<DCrying>

4<DCrying>

5<DCrying>

<36>

15. BigTruck Black Belt

Who's GGG I've seen that plenty of times but have no clue who it is. I have heard of Alvarez never seen him box just know hes supposed to be popular or something. I dont watch boxing so it slipped me.

Jada Steven's

16. egk Gold Belt

I thought Reyes won 3-2 but said in the fight thread that it could go either way. It's definitely amusing tho seeing how many fans on here viewed the fight through their Jones hate and the following tears.

17. Asahi Green Belt

Reyes was not "surviving"?? He was fighting much the same way but with less energy and speed because he spent that clearly winning R1-3. If Jones was so dominant in R4-5 he should have finished Reyes, but he could not even get close doing that. Hence exactly why Jones should not have won this fight. A fighter should not be blamed because of horrible judging.

18. Livewyre61 White Belt

Reyez outpointed JJ in the 1st, 2nd round was even , Reyez 3rd, 4 even , 5 Jones . Reyez 2 rounds to 1 , rounds 2 and 4 were even but then Reyez back peddled the whole 5th round when he should have gone in and TAKEN the title from JJ in the final round , his corner should have warned him of that , thats where i saw him losing his title , all Reyez had to do was control the center of the octagon and use his jab in the final round , his corner failed him .

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  19. BlackDanaWhite Orange Belt

I gave Reyes the second round because of damage but I guessed it right that the judges would give it to Jones because judges commonly incorrectly value moving forward over damage.

20. cws80us Green Belt

Second round was very close and could've gone either way. Thought Reyes clearly won 1 and 3, and Jones clearly won 4 and 5. So, it comes down to that second round. Like others have already said, in a close fight, the champ usually gets the benefit of the doubt.