Reyes clearly beat Jones last night but...

BlessedSoldier

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The judges always will favor the champion in a decision even if their down 3 rounds. Reyes won 3 rounds but even if he won 4 he would have still lost. Jones barely won the 2 rounds he won. No one is letting anyone beat Jones without finishing him as bullshit as that is.

Jones is the last cash cow they have besides Conor, no way they wouldn’t pay off a couple judges to save themself.

This is arguably Jones 3rd robbery win.

Jones 2,4,5

Deal with it

Jon Jones is Canelo Alvarez of ufc

Scoring is done by rounds. Judges arent supposed to go back after the 4th round and change the score of the 3rd round.

Reyes 1,2,3. Should be champion

I dont get the reference can you explain? I have to admit I actually dont even know who that is you referenced
You don’t know Alvarez? He’s some boxer the promotions are trying to build as the next biggest draw after mayweathers gone and they gifted him some really nice decisions like the ones against GGG

who is in your display picture is the more serious question

The judges always will favor the champion in a decision even if their down 3 rounds. Reyes won 3 rounds but even if he won 4 he would have still lost. Jones barely won the 2 rounds he won. No one is letting anyone beat Jones without finishing him as bullshit as that is.

Jones is the last cash cow they have besides Conor, no way they wouldn’t pay off a couple judges to save themself.

Theres a mindset you have to stop the champ to beat the champ and its bullshit also the judges weren't even paying attention rogan and cruz pointed out a moment where one was on his phone and talking g to someone while the fight was on

I thought Reyes won the first three rounds, but by no means was this a highway robbery. It was a close fight. I wish Reyes would've used everything he had in the last round instead of just surviving. Seems like his coach had him believing it was in the bag and he was trying to just not get finished. Missed his golden opportunity, he had everything he needed to beat Jones last night.

Scoring is done by rounds. Judges arent supposed to go back after the 4th round and change the score of the 3rd round.

Reyes 1,2,3. Should be champion
Judges are also supposed to watch the fight but they didn't do that either

Why would the UFC pay judges off when a Jones loss and rematch would be huge money for them?

DJ/Cejudo was way closer than Jones/Reyes and they gave it to the challenger...

You don’t know Alvarez? He’s some boxer the promotions are trying to build as the next biggest draw after mayweathers gone and they gifted him some really nice decisions like the ones against GGG

who is in your display picture is the more serious question
Who's GGG I've seen that plenty of times but have no clue who it is. I have heard of Alvarez never seen him box just know hes supposed to be popular or something. I dont watch boxing so it slipped me.

Jada Steven's

I thought Reyes won 3-2 but said in the fight thread that it could go either way. It's definitely amusing tho seeing how many fans on here viewed the fight through their Jones hate and the following tears.

I thought Reyes won the first three rounds, but by no means was this a highway robbery. It was a close fight. I wish Reyes would've used everything he had in the last round instead of just surviving. Seems like his coach had him believing it was in the bag and he was trying to just not get finished. Missed his golden opportunity, he had everything he needed to beat Jones last night.
Reyes was not "surviving"?? He was fighting much the same way but with less energy and speed because he spent that clearly winning R1-3. If Jones was so dominant in R4-5 he should have finished Reyes, but he could not even get close doing that. Hence exactly why Jones should not have won this fight. A fighter should not be blamed because of horrible judging.

Reyez outpointed JJ in the 1st, 2nd round was even , Reyez 3rd, 4 even , 5 Jones . Reyez 2 rounds to 1 , rounds 2 and 4 were even but then Reyez back peddled the whole 5th round when he should have gone in and TAKEN the title from JJ in the final round , his corner should have warned him of that , thats where i saw him losing his title , all Reyez had to do was control the center of the octagon and use his jab in the final round , his corner failed him .

Last edited:
I gave Reyes the second round because of damage but I guessed it right that the judges would give it to Jones because judges commonly incorrectly value moving forward over damage.

Second round was very close and could've gone either way. Thought Reyes clearly won 1 and 3, and Jones clearly won 4 and 5. So, it comes down to that second round. Like others have already said, in a close fight, the champ usually gets the benefit of the doubt.

Back