Media Reyes' Best Moments in the Fight [GIFs]

Pretty sad when someone's "best moments" are almost entirely missed punches and stuffed takedowns. Are people just saying he won because he swung his arms a lot or what?

Pretty sad when someone's "best moments" are almost entirely missed punches and stuffed takedowns. Are people just saying he won because he swung his arms a lot or what?
Theres no point system for defense, so Reyes 3-2

Reyes had the touchdown until the judges intercepted it.

I'm not saying blocked, I'm saying MISSED. If we're going to score punches that touch nothing but air, I guess Cindy Dadwhatever is a great fighter.

So factual statements count as "full retard" now?
Reyes had more sig strikes thou..he made Jones miss more

Reyes fought really well the first 3 rounds. As well as anyone has vs Jones.

I donno. He only won three rounds; Gustafsson may have won a fourth and was more devastating.

reyes need to spend more than 45 mins on the peloton...

maybe bring that session to 65 mins so he can keep the pace of first two rounds..

and Jones won bc of what, walking forward?

I dislike Jones, but let's be honest Reyes gassed hard and didn't do enough to convincingly take the W it's a bitter pill it really is.
That's not how the scoring system works, though. Personally, I believe whoever wins the latter rounds should win, but since that's not the case, Reyes should have definitely won the first three and thus the fight.

I've rewatched the fight since and all rounds were closer than I first thought. I first had it 3 rounds to Reyes and championship rounds to Jones, definitively. On second view the 2-4th rounds are actually pretty close. Reyes definitely won the first and Jones definitely won the last. Those 3 inbetween rounds were closer than I remembered. I think watching Jones getting tagged hard and back tracking is just so new that it carried more weight than it probably should have. You can't think like that, objectively anyway. There's been bigger robberies IMO. I still think Reyes won though.

"But some of Reyes punches missed in those gifs herp derp"

All Jones did all fight was walk forward and tap his legs. Reyes landed more, and his strikes were more effective.

Sherdog logic: If you walk forward, you win the fight

Reyes beat the fuck out of Jones. Only morons say otherwise. Jones literally did nothing.

I dislike Jones, but let's be honest Reyes gassed hard and didn't do enough to convincingly take the W it's a bitter pill it really is.

If you win 3 rounds and lose two you win the fight. Nowhere in the scoring criteria does it say "if its 3-2 just give it to the champ"

reyes need to spend more than 45 mins on the peloton...

maybe bring that session to 65 mins so he can keep the pace of first two rounds..
GSP only ever trained intensely for 25 minutes, because that was his fight time.

I used to train 2-3hrs a night 3-4 nights a week, but quickly changed that to 1.5hr sessions 6-8 times a week. Easier recovery and still training hard and getting the same if not more hours on the mats and in the cage, but also in better condition as I wasn't pushing myself to absolute exhaustion.

GSP's coaches are on to something. You fry your CNS and push your body to the limits doing any more than 1 hour of intense training at a time. Splitting practice has so many advantages.

GSP only ever trained intensely for 25 minutes, because that was his fight time.

I used to train 2-3hrs a night 3-4 nights a week, but quickly changed that to 1.5hr sessions 6-8 times a week. Easier recovery and still training hard and getting the same if not more hours on the mats and in the cage, but also in better condition as I wasn't pushing myself to absolute exhaustion.

GSP's coaches are on to something. You fry your CNS and push your body to the limits doing any more than 1 hour of intense training at a time. Splitting practice has so many advantages.

interesting take.. will try it in my own routine. thanks

He won 3 out of 5 rounds. The rules state he won the fight. He absolutely did enough to win.

I still don’t know how Reyes lost this fight

Oh yea, shit officials

Back