Reyes Accepts Jones Rematch Offer [Update: Jones Retracts Offer]

Jones vs. Reyes

• Total voters
Sherdog can't handle stipe

Nobody on the planet can beat him in a fight. It’s been this way for years now. Not sure why this is confusing
DC has a real chance at beating him but I think Stipe beats everyone else fairly easily.

I think Stipe would demolish Jon and Reyes

The only reason why Miocic is so dominant at HW is because the weight class is so weak. Same with LHW, if Jones, Reyes, Blachowicz were to move up etc.

I do hope they rematch. Jones has no challengers at 205 that make sense. Corey Anderson still needs another win.

But if Jones decides to move to heavyweight and fight Stipe, then the rematch would be off the table, and Jones has earned that HW title fight (as much as I hate him).

There's one who would have smashed Jones, but he got screwed out of the title shot by the judges while facing the same opponent Reyes beat to get the shot (everyone knew Weidman would get killed)

Screenshot-2020-04-18-Volkan-Oezdemir-def-Aleksandar-Rakic-UFC-on-ESPN-23-MMA-Decisions.png

Screenshot-2020-04-18-Dominick-Reyes-def-Volkan-Oezdemir-UFC-on-ESPN-5-MMA-Decisions.png

Nobody on the planet can beat him in a fight. It’s been this way for years now. Not sure why this is confusing
Oh so he didn’t lose to Stipe or Junior? He also didn’t beat a bunch of way past their prime “contenders” to pad his resume as heavyweight “champ”? GTFOH son! Cain is still way more legit imo, even with his shitty injury-filled career.

Reyes should finish him or judges will rob again.
I don't even think he has to finish him, if he performs similarly well he just needs to not take his foot off the gas. Felt like he got a bit tired rds 4/5 and it really cost him as the judges used it as justification to give the fight to Jon. Really Hope Dom has been hitting the pavement and putting in miles while campaigning for this.

Edit: to clarify my thinking. Dom was demonstrating he can be superior with his strategy. Jons boxing is meh, and relies on kicks. For the first 2-3 rds Jon really couldn't use the kicks cause they're really hard to use on the back foot. And dom's hands were far superior. He just didn't seem to have the gas tank to keep that on him while defending Jons takedowns and once the engage became more even between them Jons kicks came back into it. Training to have that gas is within Doms control, finishing Jon is a lot more out of his control and he just needs to take the advantages where he has them like he did in the first half.

Last edited:
PictoPulsingCriminal should be jailed for good

problem with LHW division is that they respect Jones too much
Santos was happy with losing that close decision, and Reyes wasn't much different
I'm about to see someone who really thinks he's the best LHW on the planet face a clean Jones, other than DC, but Jones was roided and coked up for those fights

"Show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser"

I don't even think he has to finish him, if he performs similarly well he just needs to not take his foot off the gas.
If Reyes takes his foot off the gas then Jones outpoints him.

Reyes and Santos are not better fighters than Jones. They just went 100% rounds 1,2. Then they were only able to fight at 80% rounds 3,4,5.

Jones fought 90% rounds 1,2. Then fought 90% again rounds 3,4,5.

Jones' 100% > Reyes and Santos 100%. He's just so good that he knows how to pace himself to edge them out.

The only reason why Miocic is so dominant at HW is because the weight class is so weak. Same with LHW, if Jones, Reyes, Blachowicz were to move up etc.
So dominant? He got koed by a overweight LHW 2 fights ago.

There's one who would have smashed Jones, but he got screwed out of the title shot by the judges while facing the same opponent Reyes beat to get the shot (everyone knew Weidman would get killed)

Screenshot-2020-04-18-Volkan-Oezdemir-def-Aleksandar-Rakic-UFC-on-ESPN-23-MMA-Decisions.png

Screenshot-2020-04-18-Dominick-Reyes-def-Volkan-Oezdemir-UFC-on-ESPN-5-MMA-Decisions.png
The Rakic fight was a shocking decision.

If Volkan thinks he won the Reyes fight, he should admit he lost the Rakic fight.

DC has a real chance at beating him but I think Stipe beats everyone else fairly easily.

I think Stipe would demolish Jon and Reyes

A younger and uninjured Stipe couldn't handle an entire round with DC, how would he handle a fight with Jones; who is a bigger, younger, and more athletic guy.

A younger and uninjured Stipe couldn't handle an entire round with DC, how would he handle a fight with Jones; who is a bigger, younger, and more athletic guy.
Jon is struggling with former middle weights with less strength and KO power. Stipe all the way.

Jones may be bigger, younger and more athletic than DC.....

But unfortunately he's a coward compared to DC.

DC isn't afraid to fight HW's. Jon Jones is.

Jon Jones won't even fight DC at HW, much less Stipe or Ngannou.

Id like to see the rematch. I didnt give Reyes a shot, but now am excited about the rematch. Shit, the UFC can even play the Mexican card with him

Back