Reyes Accepts Jones Rematch Offer [Update: Jones Retracts Offer]

Jones vs. Reyes

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
dominick-reyes-and-jon-jones-walk-back-to-their-corners-after-the-picture-id1204970513

“Man, just f*cking man,” said Reyes after a failed bid for the title in UFC 247’s pay-per-view headliner. “I do feel disrespected. One of the judges had it 49-46. Like, who are you? I might want to have a word with you.

“Other than that, I know I won that fight. I was in that fight. I don’t have to watch the replay. I was there. I made Jon Jones look like just a man. I brought the fight to him. I feel like I’m the people’s champ.

“I definitely would like a rematch. I mean, I won. And it was very controversial. It wasn’t like he blew me out of the water and I was cowering in the corner, sitting on my butt (saying), ‘Don’t hurt me.’ No, I was bringing it to him.

But I’m going to go home, rest up, go on vacation. Sit down and talk with Dana and figure out my future. No matter what, I showed who I am, and very many people can respect that.

“At the end of everything, he said, ‘Dude, you’re the real deal. I did not expect that from you.’

‘I know," I said, I saw it in your face.’

‘When we rematch," he said, "it’s going to be epic!’”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/...247-wants-word-with-49-46-judge-for-jon-jones

Stipe Miocic is and has been the baddest man on the planet for years. Anybody disputing that at this point is lying.

I do hope they rematch. Jones has no challengers at 205 that make sense. Corey Anderson still needs another win.

But if Jones decides to move to heavyweight and fight Stipe, then the rematch would be off the table, and Jones has earned that HW title fight (as much as I hate him).

Stipe Miocic is and has been the baddest man on the planet for years. Anybody disputing that at this point is lying.
Dude seriously STFU about Miocic for 1 second, is not about him ffs....

This shitty fight next week is just going to confuse everything. Reyes deserves a rematch in the summer. Fuck off with Jones vs Corey/Jan. They'll do nothing.

If he doesn’t get the finish he will still lose on the scorecards.

This is the way ~ Mando

The guy who got bodied by DC?

The same DC who Bones decisioned and then left crumpled on the canvas in tears after their second fight...

Dude seriously STFU about Miocic for 1 second, is not about him ffs....
.... no

Jon Jones is starting this conversation, not me. Mma fans claim Jones can beat stipe. Blame them.

stipe is the GOAT, if jones thinks differently he’ll go up. Otherwise, keep fighting tooth and nail with the Gustafssons, Reyes and Santos of the world

it’s a different planet of talent

The guy who got bodied by DC?

The same DC who Bones decisioned and then left crumpled on the canvas in tears after their second fight...
DC literally forced stipe into eye surgery with his cheating. The first fight is nothing short of controversial. Stipe showed more skill, talent and toughness in the second fight, despite the fact that DC was still cheating in that fight as well

It was a great fight, and Reyes showed the world (and most importantly, sherdoggers) that he is LEGIT AS FUCK. For one moment I thought he had it. It was not to be, such a shame. He'll be back better than ever.

I do hope they rematch. Jones has no challengers at 205 that make sense. Corey Anderson still needs another win.

But if Jones decides to move to heavyweight and fight Stipe, then the rematch would be off the table, and Jones has earned that HW title fight (as much as I hate him).
Yep I can’t remember the last competitive fight he had, this is the only fight to make if they are both relatively uninjured

So discuss it in a thread about Jones/Stipe. This is about Dominick's potential rematch.
Who fucking cares. LHW is trash, the fight was super close and nothing impressive happened. The rematch will do less sales. Neither one of those guys are highly impressive.

Back