Rey Diogo in Los Angeles?

Oshime2

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.reydiogo.com/

I just recently found out about this gym. It's near where a work and where I'm planning to move with my girlfriend in the near future. Do any of you know anything about it? They have positive reviews on yelp, but besides that I can't find a huge deal of info.

Old school Carlson guy! Very good but older school guy. Try the gym out, that would be your best bet! Good Luck!

I have a few friends that train there and i dropped in once a few months ago. Rey was a very gracious host and, like the previous posters have said, an old school Carlson guy. Class started with warmups (jogging, pushups, situps, etc.) for the first 15 minutes or so, then Rey showed a few techniques with drilling. Afterwards was rolling. During drilling and rolling Rey was very helpful and attentive, pointing out and correcting mistakes he saw as he went around the room.

His accent is not too thick where you can't understand what he's saying. The mat space is a little small, or maybe I'm just spoiled from my home gym. There were a few higher belts when i visited, and they were all tough rolls. I'd recommend his place if you're into a more old school style.

I've been training at Rey's for almost a year now. I'm the one that wrote the most recent and very lengthy review on his yelp page.

All I can tell u here that I haven't already said there is that Rey is truly one of those guys who doesn't care about money. he does it cos he loves what he does. super friendly, down to earth guy with a great sense of humor.

No drop in fee and we get visitors often so no worries no one will give u a sales pitch. in terms of our gyms demographic and general vibe we're a very very laid back bunch and youll see plenty of high level belts. theres plenty of banter and laughter on the mats so no serious academy vibe here. oh, and we have like no women at all so I won't lie its not a great place to train for women.

Rey was up in PDX and I got to train with him. SUPER nice dude, tons of old-school Carlson stories, great CG smash and kill style game.

Rey is old school Bjj but a very legit instructor. Prices as I recall are pretty affordable for Los Angeles

+1 highly recommend. Rey is super friendly, has tremendous Carlson style BJJ technique, and his school is one of the best places to stop by and visit if you train at other schools. His guys are really tough.

The only downside is that the training space is utilitarian and a bit cramped. But that's probably why they have good rates.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm going to go and check them out.

I've been to a few of his seminars. It's all good stuff. You wont regret going. As other's have said he is old school so you probably wont be learning this new berimosooo. I can't even spell the things name.

Yep, and in addition to Andreh the (in)famous Shen from the UG is another Rey Diogo black belt.

Back