Rewatching the wire and breaking bad

I've never seen Deadwood. It seems like something I'd really enjoy but I hear the ending was terrible and just kind of ended so I'm not sure I want to deal with that sort of cliff hanger.

I've also never seen Dexter but I hear that one also had a really terrible last season or last ending or something.

If we are talking more like drama and deep shows (not lighter stuff like Seinfeld) then I go with:
Breaking Bad
The Wire
Vikings
Better Call Saul

If we include comedy then:
Seinfeld
It's Always Sunny in Philly
Arrested Development (original seasons)

Didn't enjoy the wire like other people did. I also thought season 2-3 the dock season was really bad. I almost dropped the show right there and then. Worst part is you think that season is going to build into something for the last season but nope it was pretty much worthless.

The Wire
BBC's Sherlock Homes
Downton Abby
Hill Street Blues
The Office
Parks and Recreation
The Boys on Amazon

I've never seen Deadwood. It seems like something I'd really enjoy but I hear the ending was terrible and just kind of ended so I'm not sure I want to deal with that sort of cliff hanger.

Even ending the way it did it's still a goat level show. Watch it. Deadwood the movie came out like last year and that helped end things a little better.

I have been binge watching The Office and done watching The End of the F***ing World

Even ending the way it did it's still a goat level show. Watch it. Deadwood the movie came out like last year and that helped end things a little better.
Seconded, it’s a cliche but the journey is more important than the destination when it comes to Deadwood. The characters and the dialogue are so good that I could just watch them going about their daily business and in terms of world-building there isn’t a show that comes close.

The GOATS for me are Breaking Bad, the Sopranos, Game of Thrones and Bates Motel.

Sopranos, breaking bad, OZ in that order. Oz out of them was underrated, had alot of strong characters. The wire I pushed through the whole first season, slow as hell. Apparently the writer didn't care much about entetainment value, but prioritized other points of script writing (which I failed to appreciate or understand)

Back