Rewatching Old KHABIB Fights - Remember TIBAU?

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
What were the judges smoking that night?

Tibau won at least 2 rounds and you could easily argue he got the 30-27.

Undefeated? Sure, with a MASSIVE ASTERISK.

Khabib_vs_Tibau_3.jpg

Winning is better than losing I don’t care if you thought it was close or the other way around.

What did Tibau do? Walked backwards, defended takedowns and was held against the cage? Aggression, cage control and being active is what won the fight for Khabib. Khabib fought to win while Tibau fought not to lose.

What did Tibau do? Walked backwards, defended takedowns and was held against the cage? Aggression, cage control and being active is what won the fight for Khabib. Khabib fought to win while Tibau fought not to lose.
Un5F2vt.gif

What were the judges smoking that night?

Tibau won at least 2 rounds and you could easily argue he got the 30-27.

Undefeated? Sure, with a MASSIVE ASTERISK.

Khabib_vs_Tibau_3.jpg

Lemme guess...

McNutNibbler?

Just go with the "head clean off" and get it over with. lol

Fight could have gone either way. I thought Khabib edged it 29/28 via aggression and octagon control. Wouldn't have been surprised had they scored it for either one or a draw.

Come on guys, I love Khabib and Tibau bores the shit out of me but that decision really did confuse me.

Remember Tibau? It's hard to forget a fight that has been brought to the conversation a million times. So far, Khabib has not struggled to take anyone else down and ragdolled better grapplers. Tibau was a chemically enhanced bad matchup that Khabib still beat : post USADA and with four losses in a row, Tibau still holds a 92% TDD over 28 UFC fights.

Just bulldozed him lol.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Tibau's tactics are Conor's blue prints to victory. He's gonna do the same thing.

Fighters should not be judged based on a single fight. I thought Khabib lost that one. Doesn't make much difference, he's proven himself to be one of the most dominant guys in the UFC. And he's going to sleep come October 6th.

Tibau's tactics are Conor's blue prints to victory. He's gonna do the same thing.

Lose a decision ?

Not to mention that was young Khabib.. Conor wasn't even in the UFC at that time, he was learning sub defense from Irish Edmund.

<36>

Some people argue about McGregor vs Diaz 2.
21:3? Sure, with a MASSIVE ASTERISK.

He's going to roid up, cut from damn near 200 lbs, and somehow develop a 92 % TDD rate?
lol Tibau is just so unlike Conor that that gameplan is irrelevant.

Khabib better have worked on his striking though, cause it looked terrible at points.

giphy.gif

Good luck getting Tibau's cardio without the EPO he tested positive to. That's the thing, people will eventually tire defending that much attempts from Khabib, but Tibau had the magic potion to keep the pace. It's not exactly a surprise, now that we know for sure, that he landed his own TD in the third round when he should have been exhausted.

Back