Rewatching Max v Volkanovski 2. Explain how was this a robbery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajon Rondo

Can you even see my profile picture?
Banned
Reaction score
I 100% agree Max Holloway is the greatest FW of all time and top 12 GOAT. I also hope he wins the title and beats Volkanovski but how did he win the second fight

Sure Max won the first two rounds but Volk put it on in rounds 3-4-5. Landing good solid punching combinations meanwhile Max hit a shot every 30 seconds. I saw this in round 3 and onwards

3 4 and 5 were toss ups as I remember and Max clearly won 1 and 2. Scoring is the real issue it sucks so bad that they don't just judge the fight as a whole.

Max clearly won the fight overall and clearly won 2 rounds and arguably won all 5 rounds

Volk CLEARLY won zero rounds but arguably won 3 and 2 of the judges gave him all 3 of the close rounds so robbery might not be the term because of the flawed scoring system they fought under but make no mistake Max won that fight and was the better fighter that night.

I dont think it was a robbery.

I thought Max won though.

Max had two rounds where he hurt and dropped Volk.

He should have gotten the nod IMO.

yeah same, Max won two round by not by a huge amount both 10-9's, but Max did a cool headkick in one, and hes also a super nice guy.

So Max should have won.

Even though he lost all 3 of rounds 3-5.

Am i doing it rite?

I 100% agree Max Holloway is the greatest FW of all time and top 12 GOAT. I also hope he wins the title and beats Volkanovski but how did he win the second fight

Sure Max won the first two rounds but Volk put it on in rounds 3-4-5. Landing good solid punching combinations meanwhile Max hit a shot every 30 seconds. I saw this in round 3 and onwards
The thing that baffles me is he fought Volk TWICE and he did not look like he did in his last fight...I will get flamed ...but it looked like Max was "on" something.... he looked way different than his previous 3 fights....just an observation.

3 4 and 5 were toss ups as I remember and Max clearly won 1 and 2. Scoring is the real issue it sucks so bad that they don't just judge the fight as a whole.

Max clearly won the fight overall and clearly won 2 rounds and arguably won all 5 rounds

Volk CLEARLY won zero rounds but arguably won 3 and 2 of the judges gave him all 3 of the close rounds so robbery might not be the term because of the flawed scoring system they fought under but make no mistake Max won that fight and was the better fighter that night.
Lol what?

Volk is an effective point fighter who does enough to win on scorecards. He seems like a nice guy but I dont look forward to watching his fights or talking about them.

No close fights are robberies, the whole robbery terms comes from very old boxing 1940's, and it was said by the commentator because one fighter totally dominated and won every single round clearly, but the judges gave it too the other guy. Its not supposed to be used for very close fights, but now every time there is a close decision everyone says robbery. Weird

Anyways it was a very close fight, and could have gone either way or been a draw, I think a draw would probably be fair. Holloway won rounds 1 and 2 clearly, round 3 was very close, and Volk won rounds 4 and 5, Holloway won his rounds in a better way though, but yeah the fight was close and Holloway coasted too much when he was winning easily

The thing that baffles me is he fought Volk TWICE and he did not look like he did in his last fight...I will get flamed ...but it looked like Max was "on" something.... he looked way different than his previous 3 fights....just an observation.

Its called Vokk is really fucking good?

Cause Max looked the same aa he did against Kattar vs Aldo and Ortega.

You can spot a poor analyst from a mile away they want to blame things that are obvious technical advantages or great gameplanning on steroids or a fighter being off or blah, blah.

Its called Vokk is really fucking good?

Cause Max looked the same aa he did against Kattar vs Aldo and Ortega.

You can spot a poor analyst from a mile away they want to blame things that are obvious technical advantages or great gameplanning on steroids or a fighter being off or blah, blah.
Or he could have had some "help"

Volk didn't box with Max. Volk has very good leg kicks and better grappling than Max. He fights very smart. Volk is a much better fighter than Kattar. People on here fell in love with Kattar because he has very good boxing and good power. People forgot how good Max's boxing was. I don't agree it was a juice thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back