Rewatching eddie alvarez vs justin

I think Justin wanted to end this Fight with his leg kicks..

Now he knows he has KO Power and look for this hard Shoots. Its not easy 2 Destroy Eddie & Dustin with Low Kicks, but Justin what close...

Honestly, it seems like Eddie has been fixing / throwing every fight since McGregor. Like, he won the championship, then it became all about money - he seems to have no problems not being known as the best. He made a boatload of money with McGregor, then he went over to One and threw a couple fights with them.

I could be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if I was right.

Why would he do that though? Why would ONE want him to do that?

Why would he do that though? Why would ONE want him to do that?

I dunno, don't Asian promotions tend to fix fights to promote various narratives? It fits their style over there.

I heard of that being done in Pride back in the day.

I dunno, don't Asian promotions tend to fix fights to promote various narratives? It fits their style over there.

I heard of that being done in Pride back in the day.

Even if this is true, which I have never heard, why wouldn't they want the narrative to be their new big investment making a great run?

Even if this is true, which I have never heard, why wouldn't they want the narrative to be their new big investment making a great run?

I don't know.. maybe they're not front-running dickriders like the US fans are and don't care about 'undefeated' records.

Maybe they prefer various other narratives like redemption or even complete humiliation.

No clue mate, but check his recent fights out they're all sketchy.

That fight was a showcase of brilliant game planning and perfect execution. Eddie HAD to slow down Gaethje with bodyshots, and that's what he did all night long before knocking him out. That was probably the only time you can see a winded, tired, struggling Gaethje.

Hmm I thought Gaethje was winning before the finish, maybe I need to rewatch it as well.

You're thinking of Poirier vs Gaethje.

Gaethje is apparently a different fighter now, even though he only beat Vick, Barboza and Old man Cerrone, none of those fighters are elite.

Gaethje's fun and I'm no major Conor fan but McGregor matadors Justin, TKO, 1st or 2nd round.

Conor fought Khabib After a long lay off. The undefeated champion of the world. He also beat the ever loving shit out of Eddie a man that stopped Justin. So sit down and be quiet.

It took Conor two years to fight Khabib and that's when Khabib became champ. He only wants his belt back, nothing more, nothing less.

Jesus christ, eddie dominated him. Jusyin had some good leg kicks and a couple good punches but otherwise justin the punching bag got his ass kicked, he wont have anything for conor
You will be told you're wrong because obviously he forgot everything he worked at for years and has learned a whole new style and has already hit the highest level in the game in a few short years. Did I get it right Sherdog?

Cool, so why is he fighting the guy who just got KO'd by him and also got stopped the fight before that instead?
Seems like Cowboy sells a lot more than the down syndrome looking just bleed guy, and Dana stated that a win over Cowboy would mean another shot at Khabib/Tony. Easy choice.

Conor also has a pretty long history with Cowboy, so maybe he wants that fight before Cerrone retires.

Last edited:
Easily Eddie's best performance in the UFC, very impressive showing from him even though I was rooting for Justin.

Didnt Eddie say it was literally the hardest fight of his entire life?

hi-res-80865ae8521259608f4cd97b9fd02457_crop_north.jpg

Not to mention he was 1 or 2 leg kicks away from not being able to stand

"Dominated"

Didnt Eddie say it was literally the hardest fight of his entire life?

hi-res-80865ae8521259608f4cd97b9fd02457_crop_north.jpg

Not to mention he was 1 or 2 leg kicks away from not being able to stand

"Dominated"
He also said he knew he had to get the finish or he wasn’t going to win.

<Dylan>

Fighting Cerrone instead of Gaethje is only being smart if he thought he might not beat Gaethje. If he can beat either, obviously it's better to get the win over the higher ranked on a win streak instead of the lower ranked guy on a losing streak with a direct loss to the former in his last fight. I thought it was universally agreed on that wins over ranked guys in the top 5 are more valuable than wins over guy who aren't.
Im not saying I disagree with you.

<{walkerwhut}>

You think Cowboy is "top notch competition", but not the guy who just KO'd him who's ranked higher and is on a winning streak? Cerrone hasn't been a serious contender in over 5 years. He's almost 37 and has 6 losses in the last 3 years. Gaethe has 2 losses in his career that were both within 9 months of joining the UFC.

First of all...Donald Cerrone fought for the LW title vs RDA the same time that Conor fought Aldo in late 2015, which is a tad bit more than 4 years, so I don't know where you're getting over 5 years. Second of all, Cerrone beat two top 10 fighters in 2019 and was matched up with Ferguson and then Gaethje, so yes he was still a contender in 2019. And third...Cerrone won 4 fights in a row at WW and was matched up with Masvidal and winner of that fight was in a title eliminator. So even in 2017 he was a contender at WW. From 2014 to 2019 were the years that he was an actual contender fighting top comp.

You're criticizing Donald for 6 losses in 3 years when he's been fighting nothing but title contenders and being very active, but yet Gaethje gets a pass after he gets KO'd twice in 9 months vs same level of comp? It's one in the same thing. Justin only has two losses cause he just started fighting good competition since he joined the UFC. Donald has been doing it for over a a decade and actually holds some good records in the UFC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back