Rewatched prime Conor vs the Mountain and it could have ended right here

Conor took him srs and Mountain was just playin around.

Lets be real: Mountain takes him down = rip Conor.

I don’t see anything serious, other than both of them trying to land an occasional solid body shot.

It looks to me even though both were sparring lightly, McGregor was trying to show him up a bit and land a stinging body shot that would double Bjornsson over (which is a lame thing to do). I think this pissed Thor off a little, then he tried landing a solid body shot of his own. Neither were going 100% imo.

Yes.

Oh and Big Nog is million times the fighter Conor is.
And lets not forget Nog was the "small guy" in that fight at 235lbs. And nearly suffered a career ending neck injury while getting thrown around by the 350-375lb bob sapp. The highest we've ever seen conor weigh is 168, and people somehow think he's going to one shot ko a 410+ lb man who's neck is as wide as conors waist before he gets grabbed a hold of and has all his limbs snapped 1 by 1 by being massively out powered?

Mountain already caught him in a single leg, imagine with 1 day MMA powerpoint presentation, we would be mourning Conor's death
in a real fight Connor could probably tire him out and finish him but if the mountain grabbed him, couldn't he just break him in half? I mean the dude weighs 180 kgs or something. I am certain he can literally snap him in half.

You do know how that fight ended , right ?

I’m gonna bet Conor doesn’t get slammed on his head and pull off an armbar. Conor would likely be out of it.

Don’t act like everyone would recover like Nog did,

Shame..... shame..... shame....

And lets not forget Nog was the "small guy" in that fight at 235lbs. And nearly suffered a career ending neck injury while getting thrown around by the 350-375lb bob sapp. The highest we've ever seen conor weigh is 168, and people somehow think he's going to one shot ko a 410+ lb man who's neck is as wide as conors waist before he gets grabbed a hold of and has all his limbs snapped 1 by 1 by being massively out powered?

Just because Sapp gave Nogueira a hard time doesn’t mean any large, powerful guy would have similar success.

A good flashback fight I remember is strongman/judo August Smisl vs Masa Funaki. Smisl was dispatched with ease and yes, he did get his hands on Funaki.

Hafthor is too big these days. He doesn't have the mobility or conditiioning to chase Conor around a cage.

Mountain would win depending on environment. If Conor is cornered obviously Mountain would utterly decimate him.

In an open environment Conor could gas him out and just run away until Mountain is too tired.

Conor could also easily win via takedown.

But yeah Mountain would probably fuck him up bad in most scenarios. Conor can't even reach his head to land a punch lol.

It is not 95% technique. Technique is a big part of it. It is not an overwhelming 95% like you said though.
Their hands and wrists are very strong.
They train different muscle groups.

More than half of the pro armwrestlers that I know can do 1 armed pullups. I’ve never seen a powerlifter or a bodybuilder do a 1 armed pullup

lets see them deadlift 800lbs....

Back