Rewatched Poirier/Hooker.... that 2nd round might be the best round since Diaz/Daley

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
other contenders:

Aldo/Mendes rematch rd 1
Lawler/Condit rd 5
Kim/Polo Reyes rd 1
Cub/Choi rd 2
Ferg/Lando rd 1
one of the Gaethje/Johnson rounds
Yoel/Costa rd 1

I think Im rolling with Poirier/Hooker or Lawler/Condit rd 5

holy shit that round was ridiculous

giphy.gif

Lawler vs Rory 2, Round 4

purely for the staredown at the end of the round.

Great list of rounds - I'll have to go back and watch some too.
Alan Belcher vs Wilson Gouveia comes to mind as well - I think it was only a 1 round fight, but a pretty crazy one if I remember correctly... I'll probably watch it later and it won't be as good as I remember it lol

That short elbow + 3 short punch combo in round 2 @ 3:56 remaining was off the charts cool.

No individual round there was as good as the 2nd of Dustin/Hooker.

Overall as a fight Robbie/Rory was def better tho

i edited to give my reason.

also, Hendo vs Shogun Round 1... or 2.

Diaz/Daley wasn't a round, it was an entire fight.

I rewatch that every now and then and its still insane how much action that round has. It had more action and momentum shifts than most 3 round fights do and even some 5 rounders

Don’t remember the round, but some part of Edgar/Maynard has to be there.

Question since I've only watched it once. A friend texted me before the fight 'Hooker Round 2 KO.' I texted him back 'Poirier.' Next day he said it should have been stopped after round 2. Of course I did not agree. Did anyone else in their right mind think it should have been stopped after round 2?

Last edited:
Question since I've only watched it once. A friend texted me before the fight 'Hooker Round 2 KO.' I texted him back 'Poirier.' Next day he said it should have been stopped after round 2. Of course I did not agree. Did anyone else in their right mind think it should have been stopped after round 2?

hell no, the knee hurt him but a stoppage wouldve been a travesty specially considering Dustin was winning like 90% of that round and wasnt dropped

Last edited:

Nah no way and I'm pretty bias.

Great fight, but man, I cant understand why people would pay money to see people give each other brain damage like that.

It could be,( add 30 sec) Dan was very strong, but it seems Dustin was conservative, and atvthe end of round still there.
If rounds would be 6 min,same think would happen.

Sorta amazed with Poiriers shoeshine head out in the open where he was throwing consecutive hooks to the body

so dangerous for him seeing that head out there in no mans land

Stipe-Ngannou rd 1 was crazy fun, albeit in a different way

Back