Rewatched Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler

Love that fight.. the commentary is pure gold to..

Everyone shits on nick now but he's got legit boxing and true power.. he pours it on at 30% until you get frustrated, overcommits and then he cracks you 100%.. fucking beautiful..

Fightpass bless.
Just don't want people to overlook this part of the post.

I would've loved to see a rematch between these 2 now that they are much older and much more experienced than they were in their first fight. Too bad Nick keeps turning down every single fight the UFC offers him. They should just cut him and move on at this point.
Even when Nick was at his peak they wers in the same org at least twice, I believe, and never fought. I think he probably didn't even care to fight him. He might've grown to like him.

It's becoming nostalgia watching some of the old fights. Some of my favorites is Diaz vs Gomi 1 and Diaz vs KJ 1. That gogo on gomi was sweet. Also crazy to watch KJ outclass Nick in the standup.

I was kidding. It's only been 7 years since he won a fight.

LOL. Yeah. To be fair, he's been out of action for like 3 years. And he only fought like 3 times in the previous 4 years.

Great fight and another missed opportunity by the ufc. I just don’t understand why they can’t make a rematch happen. Then again, they didn’t make Serra-Penn II either.
by the UFC? the only one that have all the blame is Nick Diaz

Would've loved to have seen Lawler against Nick in a rematch around 2014. I'd have bet on Lawler via stoppage at that time.
id bet lawler gets fuckin smoked just the same in any year

id bet lawler gets fuckin smoked just the same in any year

Logic tells me I have to favor the guy who's been winning titles and defending them over the guy who hasn't won a fight in 8 years.

Logic tells me I have to favor the guy who's been winning titles and defending them over the guy who hasn't won a fight in 8 years.
your logic is fucked up lol watch their first fight again... Nick mops him up at any stage in his career. including now

That ending was cray

tB9Uzwg.gif

Hobbie looked like someone pulled the power chord out of him.

FACE DOWN!
Shut him up!
-Rogan

Remember this one on the Shamrock-Tito undercard.
Excitement for the mainevent was unreal at the time, still hard to equal.

Fixed. You're spot on about everything else though.

I remember I was a big Lawler fan at that time because he was this young knock out kid. Just swinging for the fences with every punch. I swore he was going to KO Nick and that Diaz's only hope was a submission. When Diaz landed that counter hook my stomach dropped. LMAO. I was sick dude. I could not believe it. Hahaha. It was such a good fight though. That was the fight that made me respect Nick Diaz. He shocked the hell out of me that day. Good ole days.
When most of my MMA news came from Fight Sport magazine.
Definitely the good old days

your logic is fucked up lol watch their first fight again... Nick mops him up at any stage in his career. including now

Their first fight was 15 years ago. Do you think Sanchez still woops Nick's ass in 2019 as well because he did so a decade and a half ago?

Me thinks your logic is fucked up.

i really forgot about how that fight played out, yes i knew the outcome and i knew how Nick finished him, but i didnt remember that it was a crazy brawl like that for 2 rounds.

Nick took everything Robbie threw at him, both fighters were wobbled back and forth and at the end Nick Diaz turned out to be the better brawler. What a great fight. I will make sure to rewatch more old school fights. Fightpass bless.
I just watched it that was a great fight 20 year old Díaz wow

Their first fight was 15 years ago. Do you think Sanchez still woops Nick's ass in 2019 as well because he did so a decade and a half ago?

Me thinks your logic is fucked up.
to be fair sanchez didnt whoop his ass the first tine around lol Lawler got smoked...

i really forgot about how that fight played out, yes i knew the outcome and i knew how Nick finished him, but i didnt remember that it was a crazy brawl like that for 2 rounds.

Nick took everything Robbie threw at him, both fighters were wobbled back and forth and at the end Nick Diaz turned out to be the better brawler. What a great fight. I will make sure to rewatch more old school fights. Fightpass bless.

Robbie was being groomed for a quicker title shot.
Diaz crushed his dreams.
It was GLORIOUS.
At the time,
Robbie's camp was the only known camp by the casuals. And pitting him against a "gracie" camp member...
Oh man, it was fuckin' GLORIOUS.

Back