Rewatched Nate Diaz vs MJ for the nth time

3 posts in 4.5 years. Damn.
He has a point though. Condit style, which the just bleed fans called 'running'. You gotta outsmart the Diaz, and that is very possible as they always have the same game plan.

McGregors entire offensive strategy is based around his left, he used his kicks to either bait his opponent or to herd them against the fence, and uses his right for distance and hand fighting.

Against a taller south paw who is excellent at judging distance he struggled, Nate can throw shots and stay just out of distance, his cardio allows him to throw shots continuously and will pressure guys by staying at range forcing them to either attack or defend,

the MJ fight is a great example of this as he came in prepared, the McGregor fight was him without any sparring so his reaction time, distance and timing weren't as sharp,

Conors going to have to set up his strikes instead of rushing in or hell eat check hooks all night, Conor seems to be under the impression he can fight at the pace he decides, but Diaz pushes people till they break inside 3 rounds and conor has 5 rounds, he might catch nate, but I don't see him out boxing him or out grappling him.

Conor throwing Muay Thai style power leg kicks is like telling Tom Brady to become a dual threat QB.

You're changing his entire game starting with his stance.

Conor needs to go for broke early again. He's not winning any type of decision.

OT:
I just don't get it why MJ stopped with the leg kicks.[/QUOTE]

Michael Johnson admitted why in a post fight interview “He really sucked me in with (the taunting). I got away from my game plan, and it is what it is." Some people may think the Diaz brothers are just clowns but the taunting can be effective.

He has a point though. Condit style, which the just bleed fans called 'running'. You gotta outsmart the Diaz, and that is very possible as they always have the same game plan.
Condit style is what everyone that loves blood enjoys. Its just that the Diaz Bros have poor footwork.

I was super impressed with his performance in that fight.

If this Diaz shows up again in the McGregor rematch I don't see how the fight will go any different than a win for Nate. Of course, I think people underestimate Conor, he has power and has technically sound boxing skills - he definitely has chances, we will also see what he's going to change in his gameplan.

But damn, Michael Johnson is absolutely legit, don't care what you say. He is really technical with his striking, he's moving well and is fast, plus possesses power in his hands. And Diaz overwhelmed him gradually as the match was going. He handled his leg kicks, which are better than McGregor's in my opinion, not to mention Diaz' boxing, head movement, distance awareness. I can't see how Conor can do better than that. Wrestling wise he doesn't pose much of a threat, actually he puts himself more in danger to get subbed. So, what else is left?

Opinions?

Haha I've watched that fight about 30 times too.

Sound logic there. I'm backing Nate Diaz to win a closer contest. Mcgregor will adjust his game plan and fight much more effectively but it only gives him a chance to win. Would I bet on that chance? No. One thing's almost guaranteed and that's a great fight.

I've said this already, but i've never seen a fighter miss that many punches that consistently from beginning to end. MJ never found his distance. That was the fight that made me go all in betting wise on Nate for the McGregor fight.

The more I read these comments the more obvious it is how many on here have never stepped foot in an MMA gym let alone actually trained in one.

The more I read these comments the more obvious it is how many on here have never stepped foot in an MMA gym let alone actually trained in one.

I couldn't even direct you to one haha

If this Diaz shows up again in the McGregor rematch I don't see how the fight will go any different than a win for Nate. Of course, I think people underestimate Conor, he has power and has technically sound boxing skills - he definitely has chances, we will also see what he's going to change in his gameplan.

But damn, Michael Johnson is absolutely legit, don't care what you say. He is really technical with his striking, he's moving well and is fast, plus possesses power in his hands. And Diaz overwhelmed him gradually as the match was going. He handled his leg kicks, which are better than McGregor's in my opinion, not to mention Diaz' boxing, head movement, distance awareness. I can't see how Conor can do better than that. Wrestling wise he doesn't pose much of a threat, actually he puts himself more in danger to get subbed. So, what else is left?

Opinions?

"And Diaz overwhelmed him gradually as the match was going"

^ This is what the Nate usually does unless you have a good game plan against him. I think Conor should use his speed advantage (assuming he's efficient with his energy...), keep it at kicking range and get in and land a few big shots whenever he can. I agree Nate does have better boxing and it will be interesting to see whether Conor again goes into panic wrestler mode when he's in a war.

Conor wins, now he knows how nate is
Addapting is the key to victory ...always

Are we just making things up, or do some people rely on actual facts?

MJ is a VERY GOOD fighter?...okay he's fighting in the UFC, of course he is good, but very inconsistent, like Barboza.

Nate is great at judging distance and avoiding to get hit? He gets hit with 3.41 shots per minute.

Nate is clearly better on the ground and has the advantage with size, reach, cardio and "chin" (or call it heart), but lets not pretend like there is no way to beat him.
Of course Conor cannot go the RDA way to win, because he's a different fighter, but he has other tools (footwork, speed, despite the first fight: power and his kicks).

Comparing both, no Conor is not the favourite IMHO, because i see more ways for Nate to get the W than the otherway around...but please don't act like Nate only needs to step inside the octagon and decide how long he wants Conor to stay in the fight.

"Aldo is better in every aspect of mma"
"Conor will put Nates light out within 2 minutes"
"Rockhold will murder Bisping"
"Cormier will "literally" rape Anderson"

Some people will never learn

disgusted-Al-Bundy.gif

Opinions?

If you didn't have the sound off I can't really take your opinion seriously

To be fair, conor hit nate with the nastiest oblique kick to the knee that I've ever seen. I'm pretty surprised nate wore it so good.

Like both fighters but cheering for Nate better...but I have to admit for the entertainment side of things it would be epic if Conor would win in spectacular fashion. Not looking forward to the nuthuggers tho! if he wins

But but but..

but Conor's style LOOKS better!!!
I never understood these types of posts. They aren't funny or original & they add nothing to the discussion. As for the OP, this is a hard fight for me to pick. Nate has a big size, reach, & probably cardio advantage. But conor is really a special fighter imo. I'm sure he'll have something up his sleeve

I never understood these types of posts. They aren't funny or original & they add nothing to the discussion. As for the OP, this is a hard fight for me to pick. Nate has a big size, reach, & probably cardio advantage. But conor is really a special fighter imo. I'm sure he'll have something up his sleeve

17907.jpg

The problem Conor has is his pride. He was landing that left at will but he continued to move forward and engage. If you want to beat either Diaz brother it is a simple formula. You need to get off before them and get out. You need to throw a lot of leg kicks and occasional head kicks because they rarely check them and their stance is a boxers stance which is horrible for Muay Thai. The guys that will lose to the Diaz brothers are the ones that have too much pride to hit and run. If you get into prolonged exchanges with a Diaz brother their granite chin, their volume of punches, and their cardio will win...period.

If Conor decides to go at Nate and not stay on his bicycle he will lose 2nd, 3rd, whatever....the longer it goes the better Nate gets because his cardio is 2x what Conor's is. However, if Conor throws a lot of leg kicks and throws that left and gets out of range he's shown he can close the distance without getting tagged by Nate's jab he can win on points if he doesn't gas over 5 rounds. He could get lucky and open a nasty cut over Nate's eye for a stoppage since that is another of the Diaz brothers' achilles heals (Nick actually had surgery to remove scar tissue because it was happening EVERY fight). He could also land a head kick for a KO but I'm still betting heavy on Nate.

If I ever find a genie in a bottle my first wish is that he take the Diaz brothers to Thailand and force them to train Muay Thai every day for 3 months...lol.
Head kick ko, holy shit dude

Connie has never landed one of those

Back