Rewatched Moon (2009)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Headkicktoleg, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

and it was not amazing. I remember when I first watched it I LOVED IT. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good, but upon conclusion this time I was expecting something else and it's really nothing different after the first 20 minutes. I know me knowing the twist that happens like 1/3rd the way in is pretty big and going in knowing that changes it, but after that it's kind of just mundane. I didn't exactly remember the conclusion and was surprised at what it was because I was like "this should be bigger than what I thought"

2. OMGstreetfight

OMGstreetfight Fred Loya Insurance shill

Watch it again. It really comes around the 7th time.

3. Carl Sonnen

Carl Sonnen Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I loved that movie and hated it at the same time, but for personal reasons. The movie itself is great. It speaks to the alienation of being human, like most art, but it also looks to the future of what it means to be human. I think it makes the audience really ponder what it means to be human, with rapidly changing technology. The way the movie creates its atmosphere really draws you in, but the pacing is slow. On first watch, its no big deal, but I could imagine it being a problem if you already know the plot, because the element of mystery is gone. I really liked the movie a lot.

I also was angry at it because I was writing a science fiction novel at the time that was very similar, but had more exciting plot elements with an action packed sequel. I actually never finished writing it because of that, plus work and life. I hope to finish it one day soon now that I have a little more time, being older, etc.

Little known fact, maybe. Sting's wife, Trudy Styler, produced the movie.

Jack Stevonovich likes this.
  4. HARRISON_3

HARRISON_3 Gold Belt

Crazy that it's based on a true story.

5. Jack Stevonovich

Jack Stevonovich Purple Belt

If it is having that affect on you it may be worth finding out why. I remember the second time I watched it feeling anxious and kind of angry at the pacing because I knew the twist. While the first time I was completely spellbound. I have been meaning to go back and analyze it but I just haven't done it yet. Considering what they did with basically one actor and a robot I'm impressed.

6. moreorless87

moreorless87 Disarming Posting

Just that they discovered we can generate energy from Clippy's net postings, each time one of them walks infront of a bus...

Watch it again a couple of years ago and liked it just as much, its a thriller on one level I spose but really more of a character study and Rockwell is one of the best actors working today.

HARRISON_3 and Jack Stevonovich like this.
  7. F1980

F1980 Yellow Belt

I remember feeling bad for his computer friend. He was really concerned for him

[​IMG]

HARRISON_3 likes this.
  8. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne 3 Piece and a Soda Belt

It used to be a good movie until even casual movie goers started watching it

Now its casual garbage

9. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Night King Top Team

this is how I feel about MMA.

10. jojoRed

jojoRed Aint no stress on me, Lord.

I think Ruthless was joking, but I think you aint. Thats actually weird, your enjoyment of a sport is dictated by how the amount of viewers? <LikeReally5>

11. Tankeray

Tankeray The Progeny of Beast of Woe

LOL.... I remember that phase back then where everyone started seeing it and talking as if no one else had heard of it... then the film morphed into a pretentious mass of garbage lol. never watched it again not have any desire to

It’s like people who feign having good musical taste by citing Radiohead as one of their favorite bands, without saying anything actually musically meaningful

12. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Night King Top Team

yeah, this is why I only watch KSW and LFA.

jojoRed likes this.
  13. jojoRed

jojoRed Aint no stress on me, Lord.

I tried listening to their garbage, I know music is subjective but man I couldnt handle their garbage.

Moon on the other hand, is a good film imo.

14. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

How did the MOVIE morph into anything just because if the people that started seeing it? It's still the same movie and a damn good one. You guys are silly.

thats really pathetic

Rimbaud82 likes this.
  15. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

I just finished rewatching Moon for probably the 10th time because of this thread.

It was just as good as it always is.

9/10 movie.

KAZSoliloquy likes this.