Rewatched Conor v Nate 2

10-8 Conor
10-9 Nate
10-9 Nate
10-9 Conor
10-9 Nate

Don't @ me <mma3>
I don't understand how you can give round 2 to nate when he was dropped twice ? He came on strong in the last minute but really only landed a few punches and none of them hurt McGregor enough to even stagger him .

Anyone that watched un biased.
1 Conor
2 Conor lean could go either way
3 Nayt
4 Conor
5 Nayt lean could go either way

Could of either been Conor win or draw ........ or a semi disputed Diaz win

The fight came down to round 2....It was very close but I would give that round to Conor.

However, the fact Nate won the final round and had Conor on his back at the end? All Nate needed was about 1 more minute to finish that fight.

It's hard to think of Conor actually "winning" that fight.
Hey you could be right, but in this same fight Conor looked done at the third round and history looked liked it would repeat itself and then it did not, Conor fighted back when things didn't looked good .

The fight came down to round 2....It was very close but I would give that round to Conor.

The second round was the round Conor dropped Nate twice and bloodied up his face. I dont see an argument for Nate winning just because he landed some good shots at the end.

The second round was the round Conor dropped Nate twice and bloodied up his face. I dont see an argument for Nate winning just because he landed some good shots at the end.

I am not saying that Nate won round 2, but those good shots really rocked Conor.
Also, the blood argument is stupid. Some fighters are more prone to bleeding.

How would you score round 3?

There's no argument for Nate winning that isn't based on raw teenage emotion.

Conor kinda won, but if he were penalized for running away I think he would have lost.

Conor is just awful cardio wise.

I was rooting for Nate, but Conor did beat the shit out of Nate if we're being honest. Nate was like a punching bag at the beginning of the fight.

His boxing was way better when he didn't have a full training camp :D

Damn, I was going to post a very similar thread and show scoring with screen shots of the most significant strikes from each round.

Maybe I'll just tag onto this thread, and you can insert the info in the OP?

First off what a great fight it was. I thought I would rewatch to check how I scored it. First round to Conor clearly, second I would give to Conor but in the last minute Nate came on strong. 3rd round was clearly for Nate. 4th round I would nudge to Conor but it was a close one. Last round I gave to Nate due to more activity and the takedown.
48-47 for Conor.

How did you score it?
nate won imo. last round was a 10 8
4th round was a 10 9 for nate.

No idea who won.
Was too close to call.
It was a great fight.

I think everybody with a brain scored it like this

Round 1: 10-9 Conor
Round 2: 10-9 Conor
Round 3: 10-9 Nate
Round 4: 10-9 Conor
Round 5: 10-9 Nate

I scored it:

Round 1 = 10-8 Conor
Round 2 = 10-9 Conor, maybe 10-10
Round 3 = 10-9 Nate
Round 4 = 10-9 Conor
Round 5 = 10-9 Nate

What we know is that Nate beats Conor in unlimited rounds 10/10 times.

As a self-admitted Conor hater, I was pissed the night it happened because I thought Nate got robbed. Rewatched it a few days later (and sober) and definitely gave it 48-47 Conor. It all comes down to the 2nd round. Nate came on strong at the end of the round, but Conor had the two knock downs earlie in the round. Had to give that round to Conor.

i cant see how people score round 4 for conor. he was out struck, and held against the cage for the entire round. or he was running.
Nonsense. Conor handily outstruck him. Wasn't even particularly close. Busted him up. "Held against the cage" means nothing; score the offense. "Entire round" is a lie. There were a few points in the fight in which Conor ran from the cage back in to the centre; also means nothing. Nate was running for the majority of the fight; just because he was facing Conor while doing it doesn't make it not so. To those saying Conor showed "timidity"; again, bullshit. Timidity is a refusal to engage. Conor was extremely active in the fight; he threw often and hard. You can't penalise fighters for lots of defense; you can penalise them for a lack of offense.

Round 4 is actually the easiest to score in the fight. Clear 10-9 for Conor.

Rounds 1 and 3 could both be argued as 10-8 rounds, which is why they're harder to score.

Round 2 is a tale of two halves, with Conor clearly deserving it. It's another that woulda been 10-8 if not for that Nate comeback. Thus it was only 10-9.

Round 5 was the closest of the fight. Pretty much dead even, with both fighters being very tired. Could be scored a draw, but I give the slightest of edges to Nate.

Rd 1 Conor

Rd 2 Conor (r u fuckin kinning me? Lol)
Rd 3 Nate
Rd 4 Conor (Nates expression at the beginning of the round was priceless).
Rd 5 Draw (I saw even striking and a TD by both).

At the end of the fight Nate had his nose eye...his whole face busted up. Conor could have went to the club and nobody would have even known he was in a fight. Pillow fists. The only damage I saw was a leg injury from kicking.

Round 3 - and you scored it 10-9 for Nate?
Round 4 - nothing like Conor's expressions of a hopeless scared guy and his running, right?
Round 5 - you mean the round that ended with Nate beating the shit out of Conor on the ground? and Conor had no takedown

Some fighters bleed more than others. Nothing new here.

However, the fact Nate won the final round and had Conor on his back at the end? All Nate needed was about 1 more minute to finish that fight.

It's hard to think of Conor actually "winning" that fight.

Very hard.

df34b501af14eedabb1a5491b0848495.jpg

Back