Rewatched Cejudo vs Moraes

jnes

Boxer
@purple
Reaction score
Damn that was extremely impressive from Henry. Henry was getting destroyed by Marlon's cannon legs and boxing exchanges in the first round and made a complete 180 in the second round and showed how a champ can overcome adversity. He outworked Marlon eventually stopping him late in the 3rd. I am no fan of Cejudo as a person but after that fight he gained my respect. If you haven't seen the fight its a great watch and one of my favourites from recent PPV's.

DeepArcticDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Ya. He's a beast for sure .

A tale of 2 halves if I've ever seen one

Moraes absolutely dominated the first half. After Henry's clinch work the tides completely turned and it was all Cejudo the 2nd half

The difference was their mentality. Marlon completely folded while Henry fought through adversity and overcame it

henry changed his gameplan and started to pressure moraes at close range, he turned the fight more into a brawl and it worked perfectly.

Marlon gassed and Henry grew in confidence. Clear case of diminishing returns of a big weight cut. Marlon has lots of 1st round finishes, but wasn't able to carry that pace when the finish didn't come.

Props to Henry for not losing heart and forcing the fight on his terms

Good! Hopefully, you would show Colby the same courtesy when he leaves Snoozeman for dead in the 3rd, gives Jorge the biggest payday of his life, and makes the WW division great again.

That was an epic night for me

capped off like a $1400 win off of a $10 parlay bet

Damn that was extremely impressive from Henry. Henry was getting destroyed by Marlon's cannon legs and boxing exchanges in the first round and made a complete 180 in the second round and showed how a champ can overcome adversity. He outworked Marlon eventually stopping him late in the 3rd. I am no fan of Cejudo as a person but after that fight he gained my respect. If you haven't seen the fight its a great watch and one of my favourites from recent PPV's.

DeepArcticDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif
Can't expect anything less. He's got the GOAT coach in his corner. There ain't a style those white frames can't gameplan for.

maxresdefault.jpg

Moraes absolutely dominated the first half. After Henry's clinch work the tides completely turned and it was all Cejudo the 2nd half

The difference was their mentality. Marlon completely folded while Henry fought through adversity and overcame it
Difference between an Olympic gold medalist and mma fighter

One of the most impressive turn arounds I've seen from a fighter in any combat sport.

Really was something to behold.

Henry's mental toughness is 2nd to none.

That is a man who refuses to lose.

One of the best examples of in fight adjustments. Cejudo showed he could change up the game plan on the fly as needed, that’s championship level mentality.

I thought you were about to go off on them for being manlets after starting with “the tale of two halves”. Leaving sheepdog disappointed.

We use the term "frontrunner" when referring to Moraes.

Amazing comeback win from Cejudo for sure.

Makes it hard to believe that Mighty Mouse once kneed him into oblivion.

Neither guy gets enough love.

Last edited:
That's the kind of mental toughness you need to get a Gold medal. That's the kind of toughness you need for a Gold belt. For three Golden Championships you need that CCC mentality.

Wouldn't call my self a cejudo fan or anything, but he definitely showed why he is a champion that night for anyone else who had doubts about it.

Back