rewatched bendo/cerrone 1

Moneymma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1st was close round with cerrone guillotine and triangle attempts and bendo got td with 2min left 10-9 bendo
2nd bendo outwrestling cerrone more and close armbar from cerrone 10-9 bendo
3rd bendo takedowns 10-9 bendo
4th cerrone guillotine,was on top and outstruck bendo 10 cerrone
5th close one cerrone 10-9
Bendo 48-47 imo
Big diference is cerrone improved tdd and short notice

I'm a fan of both guys (moreso Cerrone) and am just looking forward to a good fight but I think Bendo is the more technically sound fighter and he prob pulls off the UD win.

I think Bendo has prob improved more since they last fought and besides is already 2-0 against Cowboy.

1st was close round with cerrone guillotine and triangle attempts and bendo got td with 2min left 10-9 bendo
2nd bendo outwrestling cerrone more and close armbar from cerrone 10-9 bendo
3rd bendo takedowns 10-9 bendo
4th cerrone guillotine,was on top and outstruck bendo 10 cerrone
5th close one cerrone 10-9
Bendo 48-47 imo
Big diference is cerrone improved tdd and short notice

Second fight Bendo sub rd 1.

Bendo is prone to getting dropped in flash Knock downs, if Cerrone can land one and jumps on him he has a shot to get the finish in

I actually think Cerrone's improved more.

I'm a fan of both guys (moreso Cerrone) and am just looking forward to a good fight but I think Bendo is the more technically sound fighter and he prob pulls off the UD win.

I think Bendo has prob improved more since they last fought and besides is already 2-0 against Cowboy.

Cerrone has improved more,he used to be striker with good bjj,now he added wrestling and tdd
Bendo used to finish guys at wec,now he mostly wins via split dec. Still ben was champ and faced really good guys

Bendo is prone to getting dropped in flash Knock downs, if Cerrone can land one and jumps on him he has a shot to get the finish in

Hope so and cowboy is known for finishing guys when he has them hurt. Ben is hard to finish and if cerrone finish him he should be smart and wait for khabib fight

Been a while since I've seen that fight, but I remember Bendo was nigh on unsubmittable in that first fight. He got out of everything.

If I scored it the way I would prefer fights to be scored I'd probably have given the first to Cerrone as he finished stronger and was far more threatening. 'Overall' I think he did enough to get the win, as opposed to round by round.

Benson really only had 'top position' which is far overvalued if you're defending/escaping subs or not really hurting/threatening as much as you are being hurt/threatened... of which I remember Cerrone constantly attacking with subs in whatever position.

I thought the next day, Cerrone would have been feeling much better than Bendo.

Close fight, really looking forward to the third.

Benson only got round 3 in that fight.
Fuck the judges.
Come at me.

Hope so and cowboy is known for finishing guys when he has them hurt. Ben is hard to finish and if cerrone finish him he should be smart and wait for khabib fight

Why is waiting the smart thing to do? Cowboy gets 70 and 70 for fighting judging by the 182 numbers. And a very realistic chance of an extra 50 every time he fights.

He's said many times lately he's in it to make money. To be the champ you have to beat everyone anyway. I do see what you're saying, sit out get #1 contender match. Don't sit out, lose next fight and lose contender match opportunity.

Really don't think he cares. Chance of making $190,000 per fight is all that matters to him

Yeah,. I watched it last night too. The Wrestling and Sub defense of Bendo were really the deciding factors. Cerrone was winning in the striking department and was threatening with submissions the whole fight. Hes the one who made the fight actually watchable. In the end though it wasnt enough and Bendo just managed to out wrestle him and use his ground and pound when he could.

close fight... interested to see the odds...

Bendo thinks he is a Striking and BJJ wizard now...Cowboy takes this one...

Benson really only had 'top position' which is far overvalued if you're defending/escaping subs or not really hurting/threatening as much as you are being hurt/threatened... of which I remember Cerrone constantly attacking with subs in whatever position..

Im with you braj. I can't stand when a fighter on top is doing nothing but defending submissions an entire round, but gets the nod for the round cause he got a TD and was on top, regardless of how many times he was in danger.

Benson only got round 3 in that fight.
Fuck the judges.
Come at me.

As far as I can remember I agree. Yea Bendo got the takedowns, but Cerrone was all over him with sub attempts. If he hadn't been so god-damned smooth that would have been a win for Cerrone

I'm rooting for Cowboy but Bendo's tough as fuck. I think Bendo has definitely improved on his sub defence and striking defence after the RDA and Pettis fights. Bendo via UD unless Cerrone somehow notches a TKO via liver kick.

Cerrone by head kick (I hope). His takedown defence has improved a lot and so has his guard and bottom game.

Back