Rewatched AJ vs Usyk.

Vampire life

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Usyk is too fast for AJ. I realize now that the only fight left for AJ is the rematch. He’s damaged goods.

AJs relevancy will be over after he gets stopped in the rematch.

Frank Bruno 2.0 got by escaping a shot 40yo Wlad and then building an overrated resume of fossils or "top 10" fighters who in this era of HW consisted of mostly mediocrity anyways. Andy Ruiz is one of his top 5 best wins easily and he just got dropped and narrowly beat Areollas corpse lmaooo

I think AJ has a pretty good chance to win in the rematch with a completely different strategy and game plan. I think AJ is going to go for the KO and either get it or get knocked out himself. I think it will make for the rematch a great fight!!! I like seeing AJ being a desperate fighter with his back against the wall. I think he will come in hungry but think Usyk is just too smart of a fighter for AJ...

Frank Bruno 2.0 got by escaping a shot 40yo Wlad and then building an overrated resume of fossils or "top 10" fighters who in this era of HW consisted of mostly mediocrity anyways. Andy Ruiz is one of his top 5 best wins easily and he just got dropped and narrowly beat Areollas corpse lmaooo
He will still be revelent if he looses the rematch there are still fights with wilder / whyte that would do good numbers also a fight with fury

Yet he still has a far better resume than the other 2. Probably better than both combined. It makes me laugh people knocking Joshua’s resume when fury 3rd and 4th best win is a perpetual fckin gatekeeper. And wilders may well be breazeale ffs.

If Joshua is not lazy in the rematch like another poster pointed out in the RBR he might have a chance at winning. As the man said himself "Some days are rough, some days are tough". Just as a precaution I am going to state that I am being sarcastic because it seems some posters are not playing with a full deck on this forum.

AJ can't beat Usyk unless he finds a way to put him on his arse en route to a KO or a decision. He has plenty to work on, especially the jab and the body work. He's showed in the past that he could adjust. As soundly as he got beaten it is way too early to consider him irrelevant, let alone downplay his resume - which is pretty damn good when compared to the current crop of HWs.

Nuance, people. Please.

Joshua wasn't afraid to reinvent himself after the Ruiz loss so I do expect him to learn and grow again. I expect him to make changes.
But then again, the pre Ruiz loss version of Joshua would've had a better chance with Usyk. More confident and aggressive and less going in there and trying to outpoint people.

Great pfp

Joshua wasn't afraid to reinvent himself after the Ruiz loss so I do expect him to learn and grow again. I expect him to make changes.
True but the transformation for the Ruiz rematch was just a change of strategy to something he was already comfortable and capable of doing. All he had to do was stay disciplined by keeping it at range. To beat Usyk he's going to have to bully him and use his size and his strength. That's a much bigger mental adjustment because it's going to expose him more to catching something himself. Plus as regards to using his size and strength like Wlad used to and Fury does so well, well he's never really displayed those abilities in his career so far. I'm an AJ fan but I think the writing is on the wall for him. I just don't think an immediate rematch gives him enough time to fix the issues.

AJ needs to fight Usyk like Fury fought Wilder in their rematch.

Last edited:
His advantages in speed & quickness definitely assisted him greatly but it was clearly not the main reason why he beat AJ. It was a combination of multiple factors. It probably helped that he had a 10 week fight camp too which is longer than usual (a standard camp is usually around 8 weeks long). Perhaps most importantly, AJ's approach was flat out wrong. He fought the wrong fight. Boxing with a superior boxer usually doesn't turn out well for the lesser one. All it did was play right into Usyk's hands. In fact, he fought exactly the type of fight that Usyk would've preferred. However, AJ has looked fairly gun shy since Ruiz I. He's no longer as aggressive as he used to be since aggression inherently means increased risk taking. There was practically no urgency at all from AJ against Usyk.

considering Joshua barely touched Usyk, he looked pretty roughed up after the fight and has since come out and said Joshua hurt him a few times in the fight

Got pushed to the moon too soon... I mean even his Olympic gold victory - he shouldn't even have been in the finale considering that Savon and Cammarelle handled him.
Now against Usyk he needs Bernard Hopkins type of tactics that he never had time to develop.

Imagine Usyk would've caught a bad day and AJ would've knocked him out inside of 6 ... You guys would probably still be fooled about AJ.

I still feel like a fight with fury would do big numbers in the UK. The fans there really support there fighters, they're used to there guys not being number 1 anyways

I still feel like a fight with fury would do big numbers in the UK. The fans there really support there fighters, they're used to there guys not being number 1 anyways
The Brits in general are knowledgeable boxing fans and like the Mexicans they sure do get behind their fighters. The last remark you made though is rather ignorant considering that the Brits had just controlled all of the world titles in the heavyweight division up until last Saturday. They also still currently have the #1 rated fighter in the division and he's a titleholder (WBC).

The Brits in general are knowledgeable boxing fans and like the Mexicans they sure do get behind their fighters. The last remark you made though is rather ignorant considering that the Brits had just controlled all of the world titles in the heavyweight division up until last Saturday. They also still currently have the #1 rated fighter in the division and he's a titleholder (WBC).
I'm not talking about fury, I'm talking uk boxing in general. They have a lot of b+ plus fighters who get a lot of support from fans. I mean these guys fly all the way across the globe to see their guys get smashed in the us. Usually get smashed in their home countries when a a level fighter goes there too.

It's quite funny, AJ said in interview a day or two before the fight that his plan was to go "Kronk style" which was obv a joke/lie, and in the end he now has to go Kronk style for the rematch.

I dislike AJ, but if he can make the obvious adjustments (actually throw combos frequently, and with intent) he will probably beat Usyk in the rematch, then if he carries on in same fashion would beat Wilder. Oleksandr is unlikely to knock Joshua out; he had ample opportunity here and failed to even knock Anthony down, so Femi should have some confidence he can weather a storm in the case he unloads on Usyk and gasses.

As for Joshua's legendary "resume"... Wasn't great then with contenders galore but no real champs except Parker who may only have lost due to biased refereeing; it's not great now either with 2 losses on it.

It's quite funny, AJ said in interview a day or two before the fight that his plan was to go "Kronk style" which was obv a joke/lie, and in the end he now has to go Kronk style for the rematch.

I dislike AJ, but if he can make the obvious adjustments (actually throw combos frequently, and with intent) he will probably beat Usyk in the rematch, then if he carries on in same fashion would beat Wilder. Oleksandr is unlikely to knock Joshua out; he had ample opportunity here and failed to even knock Anthony down, so Femi should have some confidence he can weather a storm in the case he unloads on Usyk and gasses.

As for Joshua's legendary "resume"... Wasn't great then with contenders galore but no real champs except Parker who may only have lost due to biased refereeing; it's not great now either with 2 losses on it.

There's no Emanuel Steward there anymore to refine Joshua ... The closest thing to Steward / Kronk is SugarHill Steward, but Joshua elected to stay with McCracken.
Instead Tyson Fury hired SugarHill.

It sounds as if Joshua wanted to do against Usyk what Fury did against Wilder in their rematch... Couldn't do it though.

Back