Reward champions for title defenses!

808st8

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The UFC needs to reward champions for title defenses. It will help to keep champions motivated to keep defending their belts and stay in their divisions. For discussion sake, say your 5th title defense will net you a $250K bonus. Your 10th title defense will net you a $1M bonus plus automatic induction into the UFC HOF when you retire.

I believe Anderson defended 10 times or so, GSP around 7 or 8 and Mighty Mouse is getting close to 10...

I remember back when everyone complained because champs wouldn't go up in weight to challenge the champ.

I thought MM was already at 10? or is it 9?
no one else is making it to ten unless Jones can quit sniffing coke.

Sure, an increasing salary incentive makes some sense.

I remember back when everyone complained because champs wouldn't go up in weight to challenge the champ.
it was one thing when we had GSP and Anderson ruling over their divisions for years. Nowadays no one seems to keep their belt more than a year.

Instead of panty nights how about just proving you're the best by defending constantly?

it was one thing when we had GSP and Anderson ruling over their divisions for years. Nowadays no one seems to keep their belt more than a year.
I'm just saying, I don't see this as an epidemic. Besides Conor, the only people anyone talks about this for are MM, Cruz and Aldo. All of whom have defended many times.

"The Ghetto Man" Joe Charles
Won his title on the Mean streets of the Ghetto.

It will make it interesting for fans as well. Everyone knew MM was going to wreck Tim Elliot. But if it was his 10th defense, it would've added another layer of interest for fans.

Yes, it's been a revolving door of champions in HW, WW and LW

The UFC needs to reward champions for title defenses. It will help to keep champions motivated to keep defending their belts and stay in their divisions. For discussion sake, say your 5th title defense will net you a $250K bonus. Your 10th title defense will net you a $1M bonus plus automatic induction into the UFC HOF when you retire.

I believe Anderson defended 10 times or so, GSP around 7 or 8 and Mighty Mouse is getting close to 10...

Yea give them all your money UFC! Go broke paying all these fighters cuz fans say so!

Isn't it enough incentive to know that if you lose you will no longer get champ clause money? PPV points, pay bump gone, main event, etc?

I'm really asking. Do you think they need more than fear of loss when that loss is very substantial, AFAIK?

It's debatable whether the champs that lost would've won with different incentives.

It will make it interesting for fans as well. Everyone knew MM was going to wreck Tim Elliot. But if it was his 10th defense, it would've added another layer of interest for fans.
I don't think it would make a lick of difference to me personally.

It would increase your interest? Maybe more at stake? Like a game show?

How about you get to pick a ring girl to fuck with every title defense? And two ring girls for your 5th and 3 ring girls for your 10th? Even Amanda nunes would be motivated.

Silva 10. GSP, MM, and Jones 9 IIRC.

I guess its a good idea. But except for MM. Those others made a lot of dough. $250 K is not a whole lot more than a drop in the bucket, in that respect.

But, I really would like to see MM getting more money.

This. Dominance gets boring after awhile.

I have no problems with champs fighting other champs. It obviously isn't ducking competition to fight another champion. It gives the fans super fights. Fighting non-champions at other weights is stupid, though, imo.

Back