Revisiting The Matrix: Overrated and outdated?

enjoyed all 3, though I acknowledge the last 2 could get a little silly at times.

First one if goat imo

It was great back then and still great today. People online are too concerned withing picking things apart rather than just enjoying them.

x2x09a.jpg

Classic Joe thread.

Love the first one. Tolerated the second one. Despised the third one.

Same here, though I actually really enjoyed Reloaded, though the shitty Revolutions spoiled about ev3rything good Reloaded set up.

I like it. It isn't a flawless film, but it has a lot of good things about it.

The first film IMO is still amazing and hold up well even today. Honestly I rather just have the first film and leave it at that than the other 2 that followed. Reloaded and Revolution crapped all over what the first one was about.

The first one is great. The second one was pretty fun too. Never completely watched the third one for some reason.

Every couple of years I try to watch all 3 of them, but I lose interest after Reloaded and then never bother with Revolution.

I liked the first one, second one was.. meh, and I never got around to seeing the third

Just finished watching and I will say yes, the CGI is a little outdated in comparison to movies like Lord of the Rings (2001) but that has amazing CGI compared to todays movies.

Good action, philosophy, story and all that. Just replace all flip phones with iPhones and CRT monitors with LED and it'll be just like new.

Great movie. Yes the quality went down across the 3 installations, but worth finishing the story line IMO.

Enjoyed all 3 and still do.

I am always surprised how many people misunderstood the 2nd two movies and saw plot holes where they did not exist. But I guess that is expected if you misunderstand what you saw.

I'll always be grateful that the Matrix was able to give us this

[YT]zcrPP-HPPeo[/YT]

It is a brilliant series that covers many topics intelligently.

Humans created the Matrix. They created computers. Where do their ethics and logic from? From humans. We gave it to them. All of their meaning is derived from humans. This is one of the arguments against AI. Godel's incompleteness theorem. A system cannot prove itself within itself. It relies on inputs from outside the system. Humans in this case. The computers cannot logically make sense of choice or freedom, and see it as the cause of all error. So they work around it. They logically bleed it out. They incorporate it into the larger mechanistic framework.

The computers hate humans. Why? Because humans are bad by the ethical standards of humanity. The computer cannot compute this without the error of choice. But cannot see how people can find meaning in error.

If the Matrix is overrated now, what isn't? Jesus christ this is ridiculous

lol The Matrix overrated? All three were good.

It seems people who says that has never written before, and have never been good at story telling.

The first one still holds up. I was one of those people who saw the trailer and thought the movie looked like crap. Then when I watched it I was blown away it was great. The other two were very sub par. Number 3 was pretty good though because it focused on other things more then just being inside the matrix.

I still like all 3.

They got progressively worse 1-3, but still enjoyable for me overall. Especially 1.

I still love The Matrix series. I think the 3rd one sucks but love the first two.

I watched it a couple of years ago. I thought it held up pretty well as an action/sci-fi movie. The subject matter is still interesting and I love the look of the film. It feels unique.

That said, it's not nearly as mind blowing to someone in their 30s as it was to someone in their teens when they first saw it. It really made you think and was kind of a revelation back then all the while catering to our love of computers and technology.

Nowadays, the ideas of a simulation world and the other ideas discussed in the movie are common place so it doesn't hold as much weight.

The first movie is still great and part of me wishes it wasn't a trilogy since it ended so perfectly.

Back