Revisiting Friends

BEER

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Might be a shit thread, whatever.

Friends is now on Netflix. I firmly hold the opinion that it's tied with Seinfeld for the greatest sitcom of all time, but I haven't seen it in years. Going to binge the fuck out of it.

You know, I never got into it even back in its hey day.

There were a few seasons of 'Freinds' that were actually funny. Mainly when Matt Perry was still an alcoholic

More like a soap opera than a Sitcom, imo.

Seinfeld was the dopest
Friends was a piece a crap

The first half was funny. Couldn't watch after they turned Joey into a pussy and the show got a million times whinier.

The show was really good until maybe 2000-2001. I would rank the "We were on a break" episode as among the top 10 episodes for a sitcom ever.

Unfortunately like almost all great shows, it became a shadow of itself towards the end.

I think it has aged quite well. One of the few shows (Seinfeld as well) that I can watch 15 years later and still find it enjoyable.

Friends is my favorite series of all time. Mostly bcs I grew up with that series (32 yo).

It may not be the most funny series out there, and sure it had it's flaws, but the characters man... Talk about character development... Will they-won't they? Friends invented it. Famous celebrities cameos? Don't get me started.

Not ashamed to admit i cried like a baby when the series ended.

I know it has a laugh track and people shit on it bcs of it, but Seinfeld has the same freakin' laugh track and everyone praises it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Can always go for some Friends. And yes, they were on a break.

I must be one of the few who can't stand Friends.

I do love me some friends. Never liked phoebe though and there were a lot of episodes where Ross was a bitch.

Have you considered binging on 24 instead? Shit'd be surreal bro

lol

I've never watched 24. The premise just seems absurd to me.

Friends is terrible. I legit hated every single one of the characters

I thought the first couple of seasons of the show were a lot worse than the rest. The whole lesbian couple with Ross' baby thing might be the most annoying/infuriating thing on tv of all time.

I personally thought they all got funnier as the show progressed.

Top 5-10 sitcom for me.

Best part about Friends was Jennifer Aniston's tight shirts that had her nipples popping out every episode. I found Ross and Chandler to be so unlikable that the show was unwatchable for me.

Back