Revisionist Islamic scholars trying to claim Aisha was much older than 9 when Mo consumated marriage

Good, it's a sign that the Muslims are starting to re-write their history based on Western principles, such as old men not marrying kids.

Perhaps there is hope for them.
By the year 3000 maybe they will be halfway civilized, but I doubt it. Probably more of the same like the past thousand years.

Good, it's a sign that the Muslims are starting to re-write their history based on Western principles, such as old men not marrying kids.

Perhaps there is hope for them.
There is a famous very popular Wahhabi/Salafi Muslim televalgelist called Zakir Naik , who touched on this subject and stated that Aisha was indeed 6 at marriage and 9 at consummation.

It's wishful thinking to believe Muslim reformers can reinterpret the Quran and Hadiths ; they would be going against established and accepted truths. A fatwa here and a fatwa there can bring about small change but I just can't see how they can essentially rewrite the body of Islam to defang the violent nature of the religion.

By the year 3000 maybe they will be halfway civilized, but I doubt it. Probably more of the same like the past thousand years.

I don't mind if it takes them 1000 years to civilize, as long as they stay the hell away from everybody else until then.

Back