Revisionist Islamic scholars trying to claim Aisha was much older than 9 when Mo consumated marriage

Let them rewrite the whole book, maybe it will curb some violence.

You are simply regurgitating the classic theist attack on Atheists and Agnostics, namely that they can't be moral without believing in a supreme deity. The problem you theists have with this is that:
a) animals (other than humans) exhibit moral behavior
b) you theists cherry-pick what you follow from the New and Old testament and if you are Muslim then you cherry-pick what you follow from the Quran.

Slavery, stoning women for adultery , having sex with a 9 year old , genocide - are all supported in the Abrahamic religions but most people don't support them . So clearly most Christians , Jews and Muslims cherry-pick what Biblical and Quranic commands/laws they follow based on their own moral compass.

So Muhammed having sex with a 9 year old does not support your argument against Atheists , rather it works against you argument by showing that theistic religions and its adherents have committed a lot of immoral acts despite professing to believe in a supreme being.

Well you're ranting about the old testament now and trying to avoid my point about atheism and morality.

It wouldn't matter if muhammad had sex with a 1 year old and a camel at the same time it wouldn't be wrong under atheistic materialism.

The reason you think muhammad was bad is because all of our western morality has been shaped by christianity.

Relative to Islam , Judaism and Brahminical-Hinduism I would agree. But even the NT condones slavery. The pro-slavery ante-bellum South used the Bible to justify it. Some Christians did use the Bible to attack Slavery but the pro-Slavery advocates have theology on their side.

No it doesn't the bible does not condone chattel slavery. But again even slavery isn't wrong UNDER ATHEISM microbrew.

Isn't this a good thing though, long term?

Regions aren't going away, so making them less disgusting is at least a positive step.

Is this just an attack on atheists or some shit? It's hard to believe you are trying to actually ask people why murder and rape are wrong..
Honestly what the fuck are you saying you are just derailing this shit

Is murder wrong according to evolution? Is killing wrong in the animal kingdom?

I'm not derailing i'm just wondering why microbrew is condemning muhammad based on is own moral opinions? It seems to me that muhammad was actually a huge success according to evolution. Muhammad accomplished his materialistic dreams and fleshly desires.

Why is that wrong?

Sounds like they were tricked. No wonder they are targeting the young'uns nowadays.

That is alright, the soldiers of the Islamic State will find these infidels changing the words of the prophet(pbuh) soon enough

I'm not derailing i'm just wondering why microbrew is condemning muhammad based on is own moral opinions? It seems to me that muhammad was actually a huge success according to evolution. Muhammad accomplished his materialistic dreams and fleshly desires.

Why is that wrong?
Uhh, it's wrong to think that morality and success are at all related. for fucks sake...

You are absolutely derailing. You are not being clever, just stop

Ah, I see now, these are ahmadiyya muslims. They are to Islam as Mormonism or Jehovah witnesses are to Christianity.

Relative to Islam , Judaism and Brahminical-Hinduism I would agree. But even the NT condones slavery. The pro-slavery ante-bellum South used the Bible to justify it. Some Christians did use the Bible to attack Slavery but the pro-Slavery advocates have theology on their side.

Yeah, but I mean... fucking little kids?

Next Islamic revisionists will be saying Muhammad was a peaceful pacifist.

If you have make up lies to cover for your guy being a creep, maybe he shouldn't be your guy.

OR be born into it and when you think Islam you just think of your islamic grandmother who was the nicest person ever :/

Religion is an inherited mental disease
Islam is a disease....and I do feel sorry for people born into it.
As they get older,it's their responsibility to educate themselves on what a shitty ideology Islam is.

Ah, I see now, these are ahmadiyya muslims. They are to Islam as Mormonism or Jehovah witnesses are to Christianity.
Yeah, but they are also trying to preach non-violence.

Why is that wrong?

Of course murder is wrong, our morality is shaped by a survival instinct melded with our empathy and intellect. If we say that murder is moral than we are saying it's ok for our families and us to be killed. You have a strange ideas concerning evolutionary morality.

Well you're ranting about the old testament now and trying to avoid my point about atheism and morality.

It wouldn't matter if muhammad had sex with a 1 year old and a camel at the same time it wouldn't be wrong under atheistic materialism.

The reason you think muhammad was bad is because all of our western morality has been shaped by christianity.

Well even the NT condones slavery. You are are the 1 trying to deflect now by not answering my argument that if theists are soo dam moral then how do you explain all the evil shit in the OT and Quran and slavery in the NT and all the immoral things Christendom has done . The Catholic church covered up pedophilia for a long time.

So you think only Western morality thinks pedophilia is bad. That's quite a supremacist way of thinking.

If Western morality was shaped by Christianity and you obviously think morals come from Christianity then how come the West engaged in widespread genocides and slavery. Segregation was the norm in the South until the 60s, and the Christian South supported it.

What evidence do you have to show that atheists and agnostics are amoral or immoral.

I can say that the only reason you are being moral is because you are scared of punishment in the afterlife so really you aren't being genuinely moral.

--

Anyways you are derailing this thread into an argument on whether Atheists and Agnostic can be moral . That is a different thread. This thread is about Islamic revisionism to whitewash Pedo Muhammed.

It is pretty bogus. Here's Georgetown Professor of Islamic studies explaining why the arguement is BS(he's a believing Muslim btw).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_zypf8DAU

Basically, all the supposedly contradictory evidence pointing to an older age is implicit and based on faulty assumptions while the only evidence that is explicit points to Aisha being married off at 6 and the marriage being consummated a few years later at 9.

Yeah, but I mean... fucking little kids?
That's why I've always said here that Christianity can not be compared to Islam because Muhammed was a warlord . And ofcourse a pedo so it is false equivalency to compare the NT to the Quran and Hadiths.

Islam is a disease....and I do feel sorry for people born into it.
As they get older,it's their responsibility to educate themselves on what a shitty ideology Islam is.
Those in the west are lucky enough to be able to educate themselves and free themselves from their religion - for now atleast

It's sad man. One day realizing you were ordained a Muslim by your parents long ago and you have no choice because of the death sentence for any kind of innovations of Islam..Islam truly is a religion that imprisons its believers..

Back