Review Vitor NOGI shorts

J-Braz

White Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone recieved a pair of these shorts?

A guy on mma.tv recieved some, and i was just curious as to if anyone else had gotten a pair to do a review on.

My main question is the sizing? mma.tv guy said they run BIG and if you wear a 36 then order a 34, or if you wear a 34 basicly order a 32! Can anyone attest to this being accurate, thanks for your help guys!

We've sold tons of them. The response to them has been very positive.
I'd disagree with the size thing. They are measured in Brazilian sizing which makes comparrisons pretty difficult. They come in 40, 42, 44 and 46. To get the corresponding size, double it and then divide by 2.5 and that should give you inches.
The material is top class. The gi material is diamond stitched on top of the main fabric. Three is a velcro t-bar fastening and a hidden lace fastening as well. The side splits are well manufactured and are wide enough to allow good kicking opportunities. Most of the feedback we have recieved is that they look superb and wear well. As of yet, we haven't had one complaint about them.
Each time we get them they sell out almost immediately. Currently the only pair we have was a special pair originally manufactured for a top name fighter from the Ruas Vale Tudo team who was smaller than the size they made (46) so we have one pair of collectors item shorts, never worn.

i ordered some and they are currently being shipped right now. i hope to get them sometime early next week and then i'll post a review of them.

What size do you normally wear and what size did you end up ordering? Please do let me know when you recieve yours and all the details that come with it, thank!

TTT

Come on guys someone has to have these shorts!

J-Braz said:
TTT

Come on guys someone has to have these shorts!

why's that? lol....

I think someone from here said they were ordering a pair, but never ended up telling us if he got them, or is reviewing them.... so *shrugs* if demand is high enough I'll try and get a pair for reviewing in the future.

~Foz

Forget it i just said EF it last night and ordered a pair so i'll do my own review.

Review coming soon guys!

You should've put a question mark in the title, I thought this thread was a review of them.

sorry for the wait guys, i just got my shorts today and they are sweet! i like them a lot and probably would've waited longer for them. the front white part of the shorts is like fightgearuk(i think) said about the material being gi material. the rest of the shorts are polyester. i normally wear a 33 pants which fit loosely but i have a 32 in these shorts and they are a little loose around my waist so hopefully they will shrink a little when i wash them. as far as a drawstring goes it's kind of strange how they have it rigged up. instead of two pieces of string to pull from each side, there is only one coming off the right side. the stitching(sp?) looks to be really nice and pretty quality as well. the only thing i am hesitant about is the no gi logos on the shorts. they are just sort of ironed on. it's not like the tapout shorts where they logo is stitched on. i'm wondering if after training in them for a while and running them through the wash a couple of times the logos might start to peel off a little. over all tho i really like the shorts and am pleased with them. props to no gi(the brazilian brand). hope this review works for you guys. this is the first time i reviewed something and then posted about it.

TimPlu said:
sorry for the wait guys, i just got my shorts today and they are sweet! i like them a lot and probably would've waited longer for them. the front white part of the shorts is like fightgearuk(i think) said about the material being gi material. the rest of the shorts are polyester. i normally wear a 33 pants which fit loosely but i have a 32 in these shorts and they are a little loose around my waist so hopefully they will shrink a little when i wash them. as far as a drawstring goes it's kind of strange how they have it rigged up. instead of two pieces of string to pull from each side, there is only one coming off the right side. the stitching(sp?) looks to be really nice and pretty quality as well. the only thing i am hesitant about is the no gi logos on the shorts. they are just sort of ironed on. it's not like the tapout shorts where they logo is stitched on. i'm wondering if after training in them for a while and running them through the wash a couple of times the logos might start to peel off a little. over all tho i really like the shorts and am pleased with them. props to no gi(the brazilian brand). hope this review works for you guys. this is the first time i reviewed something and then posted about it.

can you post some pics?

Adino said:
can you post some pics?

i can see what i can do. the only way i would be able to is through a web cam and they may not turn out that well. ill see about it tho.

TimPlu said:
the only thing i am hesitant about is the no gi logos on the shorts. they are just sort of ironed on. it's not like the tapout shorts where they logo is stitched on.

Do you have a pair of the Tapout shorts? How are they?

scorcho said:
Do you have a pair of the Tapout shorts? How are they?

yeah i have one pair of tapout shorts and i love them. they are really nice plus they came really quick too. always a plus

I have my Shorts on order too. I am getting mine from my instructor but i dont know where his getting them from but they cost me

Back