REVIEW: Vibram Five Fingers KSO Shoe - The Barefoot Runners Choice

I've read a few articles on the "Barefoot myth." For me, Vibrams are just fun and versatile. That makes them worth price, and I may never switch back to normal sneakers.

Although the new Reebok zig zags look super comfy....

There's a couple guys at my muay thai gym that wear these I can't get over how ridiculous they look. One guy even tried to get on the mats and train in them before he was ridiculed into taking them off.

Bought a pair of Vibrams last Friday (has to travel a ways to find a store that stocked them) and wore them to a 3 hour Krav seminar on Saturday. I found them to be great except that I apparently have very short stubby little (baby) toes that would not go in their slot/pouch deep enough and kept coming out. This caused the small toe pouch to roll under the shoe as I moved. Great product but didn't work for me.

The next day I went out to Dicks Sporting Goods and bought a pair of the FILA toe shoes that have a combined slot/pouch for the 2 small toes. My problem is gone. Great shoe comparable to the Vibrams in materials & construction. Bonus - the FILA was $30.00 less than the Vibrams.

Back