Titanium Jaw

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Title mma grappling
dummy heavy bag 100lb version

By titanium jaw

grenades013.jpg

Overview

So I decided that I wanted an all around versatile heavy bag that can also double as a grappling dummy, so I purchased the title mma grappling/heavy bag 100lbs version. With shipping it came out close to $138. When I got it I was amazed how big it was and the weight of it, triple chain and swivel are included. It is made out of triple-ply synthetic leather, it may not be real leather but it is super thick and tuff....After having it an entire year I have dropped it and scratched it but it will hold up to years of abuse. The stitching and quality overall are top notch and it does not feel like the cheaper less expensive bags of this style.

Titles website list the 100 pound version as 48inches tall and 16inches wide but when I measured mine it came out to be 53.5 inches tall 18 inches wide and weights 105lbs.

Performance

When hanged and used as a heavy bag, the bag itself feels really heavy and the surface is harder compared to a twins thai bag or a traditional everlast/title boxing heavy bag. Proper technique is a must since the bag does have human like curves since it is a grappling bag, so damage to a wrist is possible but it has never happened to me.

The shape does get a bit getting used to, if your just used to using traditional bannana thai bags or boxing heavy bags. But the curves and the shaped head give you great accuracy, and throwing body shots and kicks to the mid section are more realistic on this bag. Kicking the lower part also takes some getting used to , due again like I mentioned because of the shape and hard surface.

After a month of practing-jabs,hooks,crosses,over hands, low kicks,body kicks,head kicks. It feels really great, uppercuts are a bit trickier since the chest part bulges out a bit

On the ground is where the bag let me down a bit, the shape is triple sided and resembles a triangle with rounded corners when the bag is layed down and since the chest area bulges out it feels like you are trying to ride a bull and trying to keep balanced since it never lays flat like a real person does and you are very high off the ground, during a full mount, even when you are sitting on the curved hip area. Strikes from knee to the belly and side control feel fine, but overall it takes a bit of balance and control and does not represent an opponent on his back the way I thought it would due to its odd shape, transitioning around the bag -full mount,dismount,side control,north south etc. all feel odd but again once you get used to it, its not a big deal for me but I know some might not like it.

Throws are a great workout on this bag since it is 105 lbs, there are no limbs but hip throws, and double underhooks/under over around the arm area and slams are possible and offer a challenging workout. And strength training drills are also possible, carrying the bag around for a few minutes and you will feel it.

Conclusion

If you are looking to combine a traditional heavy bag and still be able to throw kicks like a thai bag then this is your bag. Ground and pound can be challenging for some but it is possible on this bag.

Pros-great for striking,top quality,
Cons-ground work is challenging but possible due to its shape, curves might cause injury to someone that has never boxed before.

Pictures

grenades021.jpg

grenades018.jpg

grenades017.jpg

grenades015.jpg

grenades020.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent review. I think the grappling/hanging bags when well designed, serve a much more utilitarian purpose than a grappling only dummy. It looks like a very well made bag. If the somewhat triangular shape causes you to focus on your balance during G&P training, that may be an asset. Thanks for the review.

:icon_chee

Excellent review. I think the grappling/hanging bags when well designed, serve a much more utilitarian purpose than a grappling only dummy. It looks like a very well made bag. If the somewhat triangular shape causes you to focus on your balance during G&P training, that may be an asset. Thanks for the review.

:icon_chee

have you ever mounted a very fat guy with LOTS of midsection and it feels like he can easily umpa you out of it and throw your posture off balance.....thats how this bag feels when in a full mount

$138 is a great price, especially for the quality that bag looks like.

$138 is a great price, especially for the quality that bag looks like.

shipping varies depending where you live so it might be a little lower or higher for some but thats what i paid with shipping included via ups ground to my house in northern california

For my KOFG bag I paid $250. For that price I could've bought two Title MMA thai banana bags. I wanted something I knew would have great quality for years to come. Still, your bag looks like it has strong stitching to it.

have you ever mounted a very fat guy with LOTS of midsection and it feels like he can easily umpa you out of it and throw your posture off balance.....thats how this bag feels when in a full mount

:icon_lol:.

Hey Titanium, how has this thing held up? I'm ready to pull the trigger. Totally disappointed with this: TITLE MMA GROUND & POUND TRAINING DUMMY 60 LBS and wishing I'd gone with the grappling dummy heavy bag in the first place. I'd have to cover all the shipping costs to exchange the GnP Dummy for it, so I may just offer it to my coach to reduce my membership dues. Maybe I can find a use for it with some drills or something, but the GnP Dummy is a bit too tall and could use tapering in a few spots to make it an effective training device.

Anybody else have an opinion on this for use either as a bag or as a dummy?

I use a regular everlast free standing heavy bag stand, I use it as a heavy bag
since its big and heavy....taking it on and off to use for gnp requires help

I use a regular everlast free standing heavy bag stand, I use it as a heavy bag
since its big and heavy....taking it on and off to use for gnp requires help

I would mostly use it as a heavy bag anyway, but I usually just set up a step stool by my 100lb heavy bag when I take it down for ground work. It's still a hassle, but I can put it up and take it down without any help.

That bag is a good 10-12 years old now and held together by duct tape in places, so I'd like to pick up another 100lb bag since all of my other bags are in the 50-70lb range. Thanks for your input and the review.

Picked this up and due to the low ceiling and the length of the chains, it looks like I'll be using it for throws and GnP exclusively for now. It is a bit challenging to maintain a solid mount, but I think that's a good thing. It forces you to squeeze isometrically a bit. Personally I'm liking it a lot. I also picked up a Title Tear Drop bag, which is awesome.

The 70lb version is a bit shorter but I also noticed that the Title catalog lists the circumference as 13" compared to 16" for the 100lb version. So it should be better for smaller guys or if you just want a slightly easier dummy to work with.

:wink::wink::wink:

i suggest that you get a grappling dummy for your ground battle and practice with a real partner afterwards.
particularly the submission master grappling dummy. it could help a lot when i comes to your ground game. you could also avoid injuries when practicing with the dummy.

:cool::cool::cool:

Nice, but for starters, it should at least have arms and legs like a bubba dummy or submission master dummy. There are deals right now that you'll pay for it in three months so it's a lot cheaper than paying for the whole thing directly.

Back