Review: Ring to Cage Curved Punch Mitts

Punishment1320

Blue Belt
Reaction score
DSC_0063.jpg

Review: Ring to Cage Curved Punch Mitts | MMA Gear Advice

Per Manufacturer-

*High quality, genuine leather shell with dense foam core.
*Gloves double-stitched on back.
*Slightly curved to fit the natural contour of the palm.
*Slip-on style hand compartment securely and comfortably anchors the mitts to your hands.
*Extra protection for wrists, forearms, hands and fingers.
*Measures 10″ x 8″ x 2.0″

First Impression- When I first pulled these out of the box I was very pleased to see them. They looked very well constructed and I loved the colors. The initial fit was good. Lets see how they perform.

DSC_0060.jpg

Construction- The construction on these mitts is great. They leather on them is top notch and they have an excellent feel to them. I do not have the exact break down on the material used, but everything on them is of high quality. All the stitching is is done well and in all the right places including double stitching in places where there would be added stress. They are manufactured in Pakistan. They have a screen printed logo on the hitting surface and I feel like over time that it will fade. They also have 2 more logos on the reverse side. Both of these logos are stitched on so I do not feel like they will be going anywhere.

Fit- The fit of these mitts for me is great. The hand compartment is very comfy and has a fairly tight fit. I would imagine that if you have large hands that these might have a tight fit. They do a good job at keeping your hand cool and not to moist. The inside of the hand compartment is form fitting and has separate spaces for each of your fingers. Something I noticed is the angle they keep your hand and wrist. They also have plenty of padding at the wrist area to absorb some of the shock from being hit. I did not become fatigued while wearing them.

DSC_0067.jpg

Training- I used these with both 4oz mma gloves and boxing gloves. They worked well for both. When using the mma glove these mitts are a little stiff, but they do work. I did not find that my hands hurt after using the mma gloves on them. While wearing boxing gloves these are excellent mitts. They are stiff enough to hit but not even close to hurting your hand. They provide a fairly big target to hit. While wearing them they are quite comfortable. They have plenty of padding and it is hard enough that it absorbs most of the shock. They also have plenty of wrist support. What I mean by that is there is a nice bit of padding down by the wrist that not only hold your hand and wrist at the right angle but also is very soft and absorbs most of the shock to the wrist. My hands while wearing them did not get to hot or sweaty because there is plenty of ventilation through the back of the hand compartment. They are also light weight. I could move with them very easy and still throw jabs or other punches to have my partner avoid and counter.

Pros-

*Quality

*Fit for smaller to medium hands

*Shock absorbing

Cons-

*Could be tight on some

*Screen printed logo on palm area

DSC_0073.jpg

Overall- I can say that I would recommend these. They are high quality and really work great at what they are designed to do. If you are in the market for mitts for either your home gym or taking to the gym with you make sure and give these a look. If you have larger hands you might want to try something else, but other than that these are a great pair of mitts. They go for around $90.

Where is the Thai pad review!!?? LOL

just got these today and i'm trying to decide whether to send them back or not. before i post what's wrong i will contact R2C first and see what they say. will update soon.

Do you know the Ring to Cage guys? You review a lot of their stuff and I don't find reviews for them elsewhere.

I review them also but teach at a dojo and I have a wholesale account. Maybe he does too?

On his site he says he gets them for free for review purposes.

Yeah they are one of the many companies that I work with. If you look at my site most of my reviews are products that are sent to me to try out some before production. Ring to cage is not the only company I do this for.

just got these today and i'm trying to decide whether to send them back or not. before i post what's wrong i will contact R2C first and see what they say. will update soon.

so i just got an email from mohsin about my mitts and i am very pleased with the way they conduct business and treat their customers. so, the initial problem was i recieved a pair of mitts that didn't match. one of the mitts was a manufacturer defect and due to the stitching being off made the mitt unusable. basically the hand compartment was too small and the mitt dug into the webbing between my fingers. check out these pictures:

Good Mitt
2010-12-10_171229.jpg

Bad Mitt
2010-12-10_171257.jpg

you can see a clear difference. so i emailed R2C and in the end they sent out 2 pairs (yes 4 mitts) to me so that i can choose a matching pair to keep. after, they said to email them and they will send me a return label so i can send the other pairs, including the defective one, back to them.

they worked with me and got the new mitts out quicker because i needed them for some private lessons i start teaching this week. pretty awesome customer service!

as far as the mitts are concerned i have no doubt that they will be great. the good mitt i have is comfortable, well designed, and looks fantastic. i will def be ordering again from them when the need arises due to quality products and even better service! in fact, they have a 30% off sale right now. hmmmm.....

Buy Their Elite Thai Pads! I just finished my review of them that I'll post later but all I can say is that they're sick.

Buy Their Elite Thai Pads! I just finished my review of them that I'll post later but all I can say is that they're sick.

what's the difference from the deluxe pads? i just got the deluxe last week, but may need another pair in the coming months.

Back