REVIEW: Nutty Buddy-Protectin the Boys!

I got the Bioflex cup with my Shock Doc compression shorts. Very light and comfortable, but then again I'm already used to wearing heavy steel thai cups.

From pictures, the Carbon Flex cup looks similar to the BioFlex, but with a dark ****llic "shield" screwed onto the front of the cup.

I just got the BioFlex perfect fit and its way more comfortable then my carbon flex cup.

Alright, my regular cup pinched my sac today, so I'm getting this damn Nutty Buddy! I still don't see the magic of how it floats with seemingly nothing to hold it in place, but whatever, if you say it stays, then I'll believe you!

My only question is about the compression shorts. Why do I have to wear regular compression shorts and not the ones with a built in pouch for a regular cup? I recently bought 3 pairs of those $30 Under Armour compression shorts that have that little mesh pouch that allows you to slip a cup in. What if I used those instead of the regular compression shorts that the website says I need?

(It also says use a regular jock not a pouch or snap jock, but that's fine as I think those are just like $5 or so at Dick's...I assume).

But compression shorts...what does it matter?

Alright, my regular cup pinched my sac today, so I'm getting this damn Nutty Buddy! I still don't see the magic of how it floats with seemingly nothing to hold it in place, but whatever, if you say it stays, then I'll believe you!

My only question is about the compression shorts. Why do I have to wear regular compression shorts and not the ones with a built in pouch for a regular cup? I recently bought 3 pairs of those $30 Under Armour compression shorts that have that little mesh pouch that allows you to slip a cup in. What if I used those instead of the regular compression shorts that the website says I need?

(It also says use a regular jock not a pouch or snap jock, but that's fine as I think those are just like $5 or so at Dick's...I assume).

But compression shorts...what does it matter?

Cause it has to be between the compression shorts and your jock..

comfort.jpg

So it "floats"....

I understand that it has to be between the compression shorts and your jock. But if there was a little pouch on those compression shorts that a regular style cup could slip into, would that pouch somehow have a negative effect on how the Nutty Buddy works? I don't see how it would matter whether there is a pouch on your compression shorts or not as long as you wear everything according to the picture.

You all know the type of compression shorts I'm talking about right? It's Under Armour, and it's pretty much just like the shorts shown above except over your sack area there is like a mesh-knit/webbed pouch for you to slide a jock into.

I understand that it has to be between the compression shorts and your jock. But if there was a little pouch on those compression shorts that a regular style cup could slip into, would that pouch somehow have a negative effect on how the Nutty Buddy works? I don't see how it would matter whether there is a pouch on your compression shorts or not as long as you wear everything according to the picture.

You all know the type of compression shorts I'm talking about right? It's Under Armour, and it's pretty much just like the shorts shown above except over your sack area there is like a mesh-knit/webbed pouch for you to slide a jock into.

The nutty buddy is shaped differently and thus, will probably not be able to fit in the pouch. I know what you're talking about. I own a shock doctor compression short....and judging by the picture...the NB would not fit.

Ah man, I think I've mis-spoken. First of all, thanks machz for your help and patience! I know the NB won't fit in there. I didn't want to put it in there. I just wanted to know if I could use those compression shorts even though they have that pouch.

The NB website says that you can't use a jock that has a "pouch" (whatever the f that means). So I just wanted to know if I could use compression shorts that have a pouch, or whether I have to go buy new compression shorts that DON'T have the pouch. I never wanted to put the NB in the pouch though, I just didn't want to have to buy new shorts.

So WTF is a jock that doesn't have a pouch...just like a regular jock? I mean, doesn't every jock have a pouch that the cup slips into???

Man, this whole protecting my balls business is confusing! But I think your Shock Doc shorts also have a pouch for their cup. So if you use yours, I can use my Under Armours. Make sense? Thanks again...you have the patience of a saint!

Ah man, I think I've mis-spoken. First of all, thanks machz for your help and patience! I know the NB won't fit in there. I didn't want to put it in there. I just wanted to know if I could use those compression shorts even though they have that pouch.

The NB website says that you can't use a jock that has a "pouch" (whatever the f that means). So I just wanted to know if I could use compression shorts that have a pouch, or whether I have to go buy new compression shorts that DON'T have the pouch. I never wanted to put the NB in the pouch though, I just didn't want to have to buy new shorts.

So WTF is a jock that doesn't have a pouch...just like a regular jock? I mean, doesn't every jock have a pouch that the cup slips into???

Man, this whole protecting my balls business is confusing! But I think your Shock Doc shorts also have a pouch for their cup. So if you use yours, I can use my Under Armours. Make sense? Thanks again...you have the patience of a saint!

Lol.... just buy regular compression shorts. UA makes them.... with and without the pouch. Also, pouches may vary in length/width. Shockdoctor has a pouch where you are able to interchange your SD cups..without having to buy new shorts. On the other hand, SD cups may not fit in the UA shorts. I wouldn't have an idea on how they would fit since I don't own a UA compression short.

Why not try ShockDoctor? They work fine for me...I don't even realize i'm wearing it when I'm rolling either. Oh and no problem!

Bump for great justice.

Ordered mine on a saturday at like 5PM and it was in my mailbox on monday by 12 noon. 100% satisfied with their customer service. If you end up getting the jock they sell, they run a little small, i fall out of size 36 pants and the size 36 jock is too small for me.

Mackz is very patient and helpful, but he still doesn't understand what you're asking and I feel your pain :D

You just want to know what (if any) the problem would be if you wore your compression shorts that have a pouch (but not place the NB in the pouch). I don't see why there would be any problem, but what do I know, I don't have a NB.

Maybe the mesh that the pouch is made of could restrict the NB's movement, but if you can wear it with boxer briefs (assuming they're cotton) what's the difference.

I'm completely speculating but I couldn't help but chime in because no one was fully understanding your question.

Cheath,

I'm not sure what the problem would be with using comp shorts with a pouch. I can say that I stopped using my boxer briefs and switched to regular comp shorts and the difference was astonishing.

Although I am no NB scientist, I would say that like the extra material used in boxer briefs for the pee hole, the mesh pocket may hinder the floating aspect of the NB.

Wish I had a better answer for you. BTW, the NB is going strong since doing the review and shows no signs of letting my boys down.

Thank you for reviewing this, it was really helpful.
and I have never seen this version of a cup, looks pretty comfortable.

Does it work if you use a jock strap with a cup in the way they suggest? That is, not putting the NB in the pocket, just between it and the shorts. Kind of the same question as above about compression shorts, but for the jock.
Thanks.

Does it work if you use a jock strap with a cup in the way they suggest? That is, not putting the NB in the pocket, just between it and the shorts. Kind of the same question as above about compression shorts, but for the jock.
Thanks.

Actually I am STILL using my NB with my Shock Dr. jock. I don't put the NB inside the pocket but use it as prescribed. I will say that it does "work", however, i believe that the SD jock is barely wide enough to hold the NB.

I have not experienced many problems but I really feel like I am limiting the coverage (floating) potential of the NB. Since I switched to using proper compression shorts the NB has become much more comfortable and I think that a regular jock will complete the "package", if you will.

So I guess the short answer would have been, yes, it does work but don't be as cheap and lazy as I am and go buy a regular jock for $5.00. It just may save a (potential) life!

I don't understand the question. If you have compression shorts with a pocket, the NB is either in the pocket (which means it can't float) or outside of the compression shorts (as it should be) with a jock holding it in place.

Mine has fallen out 2x while grappling this week. Prior to that, I lost it once in about 4 months! I want regular compression shorts instead of the Under Armour ones with the built in cup pocket. Even though it's sitting on the outside of the shorts and not in that pocket (as it should be) that pocket is made of a mesh webbing material, and I think it creates friction that limits the NB's ability to float. Or I could just need a size smaller jock.

So anyway......get the NB, there's no excuse not to have one!:icon_chee Regular compression shorts go on first, then slide the jock over (the jock without a pocket...just a regular athletic supporter), stick the NB in between, say "you're welcome" when your nuts say "thank you".:icon_lol:

I got mine today and after sparring with several people I give the mongo a big thumbs up. I'm going to wear it out trouser trolling and see if the that big bulge in the pants the mongo gives me can really help me score.

Seriously though I couldn't be happier with it.

the only thing that's preventing me from getting one right now is the complaints i'm hearing from the guys that say it digs in too hard on edges when rolling.

i roll with a lot of much larger, stronger guys that are basically all ex high school wrestlers so i'm in the guard quite a bit. i absolutely need a cup that's comfortable when getting crushed into me lol.

i might get one anyway for muay thai though and just use my old one for bjj and mma sparring.

for the guys that have this and a steel cup, which would you rather use in a muay thai fight?

It has a return policy, just give it a go. It can be a little uncomfortable at times, but I think I may have chosen the wrong size. Besides, better a cup getting squished into me than my nuts.

For the Nutty is out for rolling because it just hurts like hell. I only wear it in standup classes.

Back