Review: Jawzz Mouthguards

Punishment1320

Blue Belt
Reaction score
DSC0200.jpg

Review: Jawzz Mouthguards | MMA Gear Advice

*First off just to let everyone know I got their high end mouthguard and that is what this review will be for.

Per Manufacture-

Our “High End” mouthguards give you the option to create a mouthguard that represents you. Just about anything goes. Imagine what you want and email us at [email protected]. The artist that will be creating your mouthguard will contact you, and together we will work with you to create your own one of a kind Jawzz Custom Mouthguard.

Process- I will not reveal too much about their process because they have some things that other companies out there are not doing to ensure a better fit. You still get option of either doing an impression yourself or going to a dentist to have this done. I chose to have them send me an impression kit. Their impression kit is very good. The instructions are great and very clear. Let me also say that they kept in contact with me the whole time. I would say that they have some of the best customer service in the business. For this mouthguard I left the design up to them. I gave them a very basic idea, but for the most part let them design it. I had no idea what the mouthguard was going to look like after sending my impression kit back to them.

A representative from Jawzz let me know when they got the kit, and when they were finished up with the design. Still not letting me know what the mouthguard looked like but said that it was going to blow my mind. The guard came very quickly I would say around a week so with out further ado here is what I received.

DSC0199.jpg

The Guard- Once I opened up the case and actually saw the mouthguard I was very pleased. There is no way I could have thought this up. The graphics on this guard are the best I have seen to date. Totally custom and seem to just flow. I tried it on and it has the tightest fit of any guard I have tried. It take effort to pry this out of my mouth. There was a small adjustment I had to make, but all I had to do was email them and they got back quickly telling me what I could do and if that did not work to just send it back and they would take care of it. Well I got it to work. I am very impressed by the guards that Jawzz makes. It is not super thick but still provides plenty of protection and is very comfortable while I am wearing it. Some mouthguards can make it hard to breath ,but with this one sometimes I would forget I even had it in.

Overall- This is a mouthguard that if you have the money for I highly recommend. If I had to give this mouthguard a rating, I would give it a ten on performance and fit. Then a ten on graphics and design. The only problem I had was the slight modification I had to make which was very easy. Jawzz has many different styles of mouthguards to choose from, and of the custom fit ones they start at around $75 but this high end one like I got will get you a hefty price tag of right around $195. While that is a lot of money to spend on a mouthguard I can assure you that you will be pleased with what you receive like I was. You will see why this is the official guard of the "UFC"

DSC0192.jpg

DSC0201.jpg

DSC0196.jpg

Last edited:
Punishment,

How would you say it stacks up against the BAMF moutguard?

Punishment,

How would you say it stacks up against the BAMF moutguard?

To be honest I really dont think it is that fair of compairson as they feel completely diffrent. The BAMF is much thicker but I personally think that the Jawzz one has a tighter fit. Just read my reviews and see which one you like better.

Back