Review: Fuel Fight Gear Sparring Gloves

Damn I never got attacked over a review before by so many people who are brand new to the forums but I stand by what I wrote. I wasn't biased or attacking anyone's company and if it's people's favorite glove then that's your opinion and this is mine.

I've talked about the good points and bad points I found during my use. I didn't hammer them. I was just honest since I know there will be others who will check my homework for accuracy.

Let's be clear about 1 thing. I'm not doing reviews for free gear since I buy A LOT of my own gear and for I'm definitely not getting paid to do them. This is something that I love to do for the community and the website. From time to time there will be will be reviews about gear that may not sit well with others, and I'm not trying to offend anyone or hurt anyone's feelings about a certain piece of equipment. It is what it is and like I said before I stand by what I wrote but I will offer an apology if it's something you (FuelFightGear) didn't enjoy reading but I will be honest since I know there are many other users who are as curious as myself about new companies.

I'm thinking Clamp needs a free second gen pair to compare it too. He' been right on a bunch of products i have purchased. According to the pics, they don't look in too terrible shape. Also taking a guess with this one but given the info the seller gave him it might have been an accurate review in the fact that we don't have to wait month for an accurate review because the gloves are already in a used state, meaning maybe this is what it will be like in the future. Like you said Fuel, the second gen is an improvement over what others have told you. Prove it and send a pair to the man!

hmmm...that vid is was uploaded by screenname TheFuelFighter and both of those other comments are made by posters that only have 1 post to their name...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Hellfire and Alex have the exact same join date too. lol.

seems like a lot of the negative reviews come from people who haven't used them. And I don't think a $20 worn-out craigslist pair count. That's like doing a review on a mercedes you bought at a repo auction.

Biased, are we?

I don't think anyone has a problem with the gloves, it's more so the company. Gorilla fight gear sets a pretty good example on how companies should conduct themselves on this forum.

Back on topic a bit, I'm curious if the new generation of these gloves is made in the same facility as the older generation.
The comment Clamp made about each glove looking like somebody else made it (and one of the pictures really shows this) makes me curious.
Along with an upgrade in the leather, and lining, and design, are they made at a different place or by a different manufacturer?
I have to admit, I'm curious to try these gloves, and a fresh set of gloves every 6 months sounds nice. (Though, admittedly, I don't tear through gloves that fast).

I like Clamps reviews, and I'd REALLY like to see him review the newer generation.
That would give us a much better idea of the quality of these gloves.

Older generation + used, does not equal good material for a review.

I have to admit, I'm curious to try these gloves, and a fresh set of gloves every 6 months sounds nice. (Though, admittedly, I don't tear through gloves that fast).

I like Clamps reviews, and I'd REALLY like to see him review the newer generation.
That would give us a much better idea of the quality of these gloves.

Older generation + used, does not equal good material for a review.[/QUOTE]

That "fresh" or "new" pair a gloves every 6 months sounds like a good way to rip off their loyal customers to me. $39 DOWN + $10 a month = $99 every 6 months. Basically you are paying for your "fresh" or "new" pair of gloves with shipping yourself. No discount for their loyal customers.

I enjoy reading Clamp's and Law Bob's reviews on here.., but I do think it's a bit unfair to review a used and worn down product. It wasn't in a state where it should be reviewed. Honestly, the best way to get new customers is advertising. What do these gloves cost for Fuel? < $50 + shipping is a great way to advertise in a respected community on here.

Give the man a new and improve pair of your gloves FUEL.

Did it ever occur to you that you were jamming your thumb due to the fact that you don't know how to make a fist? So I'm not saying that they are the best gloves in the world but i can honestly say it is a glove to buy and definitely use. Not shooting down anyone else's opinion.

Did it ever occur to you that Clamp teaches Muay Thai? lol I'm pretty sure he knows how to make a fist. Maybe if you posted anywhere else in this forum besides this thread you would have known that. Just sayin :icon_lol:

Did it ever occur to you that Clamp teaches Muay Thai? lol I'm pretty sure he knows how to make a fist. Maybe if you posted anywhere else in this forum besides this thread you would have known that. Just sayin :icon_lol:

yeah, i about fell off my chair when i saw his comment.

Wow, this tread did get ugly quick. I don't have a lot of posts, but to have users with their first post be part of a flame war does look suspect.

Clamp is doing this forum a service by putting up this review, especially since there aren't any/many reviews for this glove. Sure this is a review on a pair a used gloves, but I think everyone should have enough sense to factor that in when reading it. Sure it would have been better for the review to have been on new gloves that he wore and broke in himself, but hey, you take what you can get.

Anyways, good or bad, interest has been generated about this glove and now there's a high likelihood that the second gen will soon be in the hands of regular users of this forum.

Captain Obvious Out!

hey it does seem weird he only has 3 posts and all 3 of them are here. It is def suspiccious of being the same company. Clamp did just give it an honest review. I understand they are used gloves, but by the pictures it does not look like a quality made glove. I have seen every glove out there and have torn about all the gloves I owned to see what is on the inside.

first off it seems like the finger compartments are different shapes and sizes based on the picture, the wrist support seems like it would ware away over time. But truly I dont think Clamps attacking anyone, he is just giving an honest review.

OMG I missed this comment lol! I really appreciate you guys having my back and knowing I'm an honest contributor/reviewer :)

CLAMP! Why you gotta be raisin' drama on these boards???? You're such a diva!

first off it seems like the finger compartments are different shapes and sizes based on the picture, the wrist support seems like it would ware away over time. But truly I dont think Clamps attacking anyone, he is just giving an honest review.

Even if the review is as neutral as possible, in the end, we're "reviewing" a pair of gloves that have used heavily for the better part of six months, and were bought second hand.

6 months? The guy I bought it from said he's only owned them for 2 months.

I put my KO Fight Gears through 10 hour weeks for more than two months, and they still rock.

Yeah almost all my other lace ups have been used and abused and they haven't cut through the wrists.

If a glove goes from extraordinary (assuming it started there) to subpar in three months (two with prior owner, one with you) then it's not a worthwhile purchase, said and done.

Back