Review: Bitememouthguard

jamison

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I recieved my mouthguard friday from bitememouthguards.net. It was time for a new mouthguard. I was tired of the shock doctor becaue it never fit right and always restricted my breathing. I'm not ignorant enough to wear a boil and bite mouthguard. I have been seeing a lot of fighters wearing bitememouthguards (like all of Team Quest)Randy Couture, Joe Rogan, Eddie Bravo, Chris Leben, Mike Scwick, Chuck Liddell, Mahem Miller, D. Sanchez, Buenatello etc. I heard someone suggest OPRO, but they're in the U.K., and I wanted a company in the U.S.. Anyway, I made a very informative phone call to Bitememouthguards.net. I found out that all the mouthguards are made by the same guy, Thomas. Thomas can make any design that you send or tell him. If you have a picture, he can put it on the mouthguard. Thomas is from Glidewell Laboratories, which is the world's largest dental lab. He was the manager for the mouthguard department for dentists in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. His resume is impressive, but the bottom line was, I just wanted a great mouthguard that fit like a dream.
Here's how it all went down. I placed a phone call, picked a design and recieved an impression kit in the mail a few days later. The impression kit is real cool. You basically mix this putty together, put it in a mouth tray, and bit down. This makes a permanent impression of your upper mouth. I sent the impression back to them and waited. About a week later I recieved the mouthguard in the mail.
As soon as I opened the mouthguard I was shocked. It's not very bulky, felt rock solid and looked
damn cool. When I put this in my mouth I could not believe it. It fit like no mouthguard I ever had. Instead of just having a piece of rubber that folds over your teeth, my teeth actually sink down and lock into this. It fits airtight! Seriously. I actually have a little trouble each time I try and take it out because it fits so exact. I tested it out with some hard sparring. I ate two hard crosses and a decent hook (I need to keep my hands up more:) and needless to say it did nothing to my teeth. It also makes the punches hurt a lot less as well. Another cool thing is the breathing, it's so much easier to breath in this mouthguard. Also, saliva stays in the mouthguard and there seems less of it. Theese things are rock solid. I plan to get another one purely for grappling. If you do any sort of serious striking or grappling, this is a must. Sig material!

If any one wants to see the design, I chose one similar to Lidell's. It has ice coming down from the top and has Jamison written across. Click the link and see Chuck Liddell's. www.bitememouthguards.net

who the hell is that chick in your avatar? I think thats what Adino wants to know too :D

Very nice. Thanks for the review. I will have to get me one of those.

ClampXVII said:
who the hell is that chick in your avatar? I think thats what Adino wants to know too :D

Very funny...I don't think my girl would like that very much :redface:

jesus...45$$ up to 105$$?!!?! that's kinda steep for a mouthguard no?
just curious..which ones did you get?

VoLTesV said:
jesus...45$$ up to 105$$?!!?! that's kinda steep for a mouthguard no?
just curious..which ones did you get?
I got the hybrid and I dont think it's too expensive. You pay for quality. Each one is hand made and with a custom design. Theese thigs are tough as nails. They fit exact. You'll be much more confident in your standup and protected. Wearing a boil and bite mouthguard is like wearing a sock for a cup. There's a reason all the pro fighters are getting theese.

Hybrid = $95
Custom Text = $25
Shipping = $10
Extra Color = $3.50

You paid $133.50 for your mouthguard? Where do you get your money?

That is mighty expansive but worth it considering the money saved in dental surgery...

But isnt 6mm really think?

codysweet02 said:
Hybrid = $95
Custom Text = $25
Shipping = $10
Extra Color = $3.50

You paid $133.50 for your mouthguard? Where do you get your money?
You pay 2000, per lossed tooth. Where do you get your money. Any custom mouthguard that works is going to cost you that.
ADINO- I'm having trouble posting pics from my email (I have a mac..)

Is there more to their site than a front page with e-mail link? I can't get past the front page and find any info on models, prices, etc. Only clickable part I can find jumps me right to the e-mail/outlook express function.

*edit* Couldn't see some of the red fields on the laptop I was using. Found the clickable links. *edit*

Dude I paid 5 Thousand for my braces. I don't mind paying 150 dollars to protect my teeth.

physicaltherapy said:
Dude I paid 5 Thousand for my braces. I don't mind paying 150 dollars to protect my teeth.

lol, that's a great point.

Does bitememouthguards make mouthguards for people with braces? My dentist says I might need braces soon.:(

I bought an opro and have no complaints. It fits great and is tight like the Biteme. After buying it ($62.?? including shipping) though I saw a biteme that a training partner has. It felt much stiffer and has a little bit more coverage behind the front teeth. I wish I had forked out hte extra $40 for a biteme.

Back