Review: Aries Pro MMA Gloves

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by Long Nguyen, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Long Nguyen

Long Nguyen Amateur Fighter

This is my first review, so bare with me.

Intial Impressions:

When I first opened the package, I noticed it was a tad big. Comparing next to my Hayabusa's they were a few inches longer. It seems the extra length is in the padding, which is good for a spinning back fist, lol.

I ordered a large and it fits well. My problem with other gloves is that I have a big hand but skinny wrists. So the extra velcro strap helps a lot. It ensures that I have better wrist support than usual and that it wont come off during sparring.

It's a leather glove manufactured in India, and seems very well constructed. The yellow logo seems like it can peel off eventually, but is a nice aesthetic feature. The padding is slighty squishy but I believe that will relieve some of the impact.

Pics to come and I will add more when I use this in class.

2. Spoonman7

Spoonman7 Red Belt

i have a pair of aries baggloves and they have served me well for a long time, so I am sure that their mma gloves are just as good

3. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

I JUST got mine in Monday. They do run a little big, but that extra velcro does help. I agree the logo will eventually peel off, probably MUCH sooner than a Ringside logo.

After doing some pummel drills one of the gloves kept peeling off. The other stayed on just fine. This was frustrating, but until I really put the gloves to use then I won't just yet claim it's the gloves: maybe I just need to strap it better.

Otherwise, I think it's too early for me to make a recommendation. They do look cool!

4. fightscience19

fightscience19 Orange Belt

I've always been happy with aries boxing gloves. I'm hoping these mma gloves will live up to their sparring gloves.

5. jrh080284

jrh080284 White Belt

One of the first pieces of equipment I bought were shin guards from Aries. They have been really really good. Nice thick leather and very comfortable. I was very hard on them for years and years and they pretty much look brand new.