reverse trianlge against turtle?

Freezing Winds**

Green Belt
Reaction score
at 9:40

anyone ever hit this rolling?

edit: i meant inverted triangle

Last edited:
My judo instructor showed me this once, but I've never tried it.

Disregard this post, I thought you meant reverse triangle from turtle.

Very good after a good sprawl, you see a lot of reverse triangles in judo because they can be easily seen and they have a good success rate and as such referees will not stop the match.

Jesus that ref was terrible. That guy was out for like 10 seconds.

Sure. Fairly common in wrestling and judo, and bjj as well. Not seen commonly in MMA for some reason, probably because it's not a good idea to chill out in turtle in MMA long enough for someone to go for it.

Sure. Fairly common in wrestling and judo, and bjj as well. Not seen commonly in MMA for some reason, probably because it's not a good idea to chill out in turtle in MMA long enough for someone to go for it.

A reverse triangle in wrestling? I'm intrigued. They use it to turn the opponent over or something?

I've seen it in wrestling as a way to turn them over and then pin.

It's one of the most common submission in Judo (the background of Shungo Oyama)

Yes, I use it quite often. I have difficulty finishing it, however. Usually I will end up in yoko sankaku gatame, which I expect is the same thing you'd see if wrestling. Usually off a failed shot.

A reverse triangle in wrestling? I'm intrigued. They use it to turn the opponent over or something?

Either that or to stall until the ref breaks them up. Someone shoots a low single, you triangle around the head to stay on top. Folkstyle mostly, from what I've seen. But it's not a full triangle because I don't think that's legal. Might have been a scissors.

I like that the guy flexed his ankle (on the no choking leg) rather than doing what is comfortable (and what most people do) and pointing his instep downward. Great attention to detail!!

I usually get this from a leg work position when guys try to pass my guard....hugging the hips is crucial! This guy knew what he was doing and has drilled this move a lot!

One of my favorite subs to hit in Judo. My coach is a big fan of it. Most of the time I end up transitioning to a pin from it rather than the sub in randori because my teammates drill it so often we can see it coming a mile away.

Still a great move.

Yep and learned this one in Judo.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back