Reverse Kimura grip

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by GreatSaintGuillotine, Jan 29, 2020.

1. GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth.

I've been playing with using reverse Kimura grips for control an set ups recently. I've found that if you can set it up from guard it makes transitioning to triangle, armbar, omaplata, and back control fairly easy. And if not it chains well into arm drag back takes.

I wanted to know if any of you messed around with it or had any success with it at higher levels.

2. Daveb Purple Belt

I'm a big fan of using this grip, here is a video I made like 6 months ago and forgot to upload

3. GoodbyeBlueSky82 White Belt

I'm fortunate enough to roll with a LOT of upper belts and I've literally never had anyone use this grip on me that I can remember. I've seen a lot of chatter about #reversekimura lately but some of the moves I saw were a bit complex. Most of these here look like good bread and butter moves though, and perfect to add to my closed guard approach.

4. GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth.

Our blue belt who won masters worlds the past 2 years uses this a lot. It works super well if you can set it up. But I do find that it's a little more complex than what I'm used to.

5. GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth.

I've had a lot of luck with the back attacks. There's a lot there that I had not considered tho. Thank you for sharing!

6. method115 Titanium Belt

This is great thanks.

7. Foxflechette57 Blue Belt

I never tried to implement it from knee shield, that’s cool, thanks