Reverse grip pull ups?

The "power rulez" mentality is especially ironic coming from some of you guys. Most of you can't lift for shit, but you bash on everyone else. Your fearless leader Urban, one of the leaders of the club, is weak. Real strength athletes don't have to assholes on forums to get respect from skinny high schoolers.

You guys need to grow up.

ok...slighty body building oriented maybe, but don't act like you guys don't want to get bigger, you KNOW most of the people here want to get bigger, and he did and said nothing mean to you guys, and at LEAST he is trying chinups to work his biceps rather than curls...so please cut the guy a break

Barut said:
The "power rulez" mentality is especially ironic coming from some of you guys. Most of you can't lift for shit, but you bash on everyone else. Your fearless leader Urban, one of the leaders of the club, is weak. Real strength athletes don't have to assholes on forums to get respect from skinny high schoolers.

Relax spud!!

Barut said:

Last time I checked, asking about pump or the v shape of your back has nothing to do with power and or strength. Explain to me how they do if you would be so kind. And last time I checked, I can lift decent amount. Nothing to brag about, but sure as hell enough to be considered a strength athlete.

Even though I think it sometimes goes overboard, I think the "power rulez mentality" is less about being cool on the internet, and more of keeping a good forum from becoming a cult of biceps and men in pink panties.

krellik said:
Even though I think it sometimes goes overboard, I think the "power rulez mentality" is less about being cool on the internet, and more of keeping a good forum from becoming a cult of biceps and men in pink panties.

True. I admit that some people go overboard with the "power rulez" mentality. I just don't understand why anyone would actually want bbing advice from us when there are ENTIRE message boards (bodybuilding.com) dedicated to the subject.

Ted-P said:
There, let me play the violin for you.

~sad music starts playing as we see Sizzle chest slowly walking away into the darkness~
Wow, that's a good one. Did your dad help you? Or are you just close to the next belt?

Dude, I'm a competitive powerlifter, and I don't get any respect on this board. I get a lot more respect in my gym, alongside my 7X national champion coach while I squat 700 raw as a teenager and shit like that.

CarnalSalvation said:
Dude, I'm a competitive powerlifter, and I don't get any respect on this board. I get a lot more respect in my gym, alongside my 7X national champion coach while I squat 700 raw as a teenager and shit like that.

Oh I respect you big boy. I STAND BEHIND you ALL THE WAY.

killer_kicks88 said:
wtf carnal, EVERYONE looks up to you on here bro, EVERYONE!

Even a geezer like me looks up to the big guy!!

You don't need big biceps for fighting. You don't need 'em to throw a good punch, for pulling, nothing. Just do weighted pull-ups (palms down)for your back. Its the llats that will be the prime mover for any pulling.

If you want big biceps just for looks, then yeah, they'll work. Doing chins weighted(palms-up) will probably run the risk of tearing your bicep, so for further resistance, you will probably need to do barbell curls after a while.

CarnalSalvation said:

Ted-P - cue the violin music for Carnal.

eljamaiquino said:
You don't need big biceps for fighting. You don't need 'em to throw a good punch, for pulling, nothing. Just do weighted pull-ups (palms down)for your back. Its the llats that will be the prime mover for any pulling.

If you want big biceps just for looks, then yeah, they'll work. Doing chins weighted(palms-up) will probably run the risk of tearing your bicep, so for further resistance, you will probably need to do barbell curls after a while.

are u effing serious?...wtf

killer_kicks88 said:
are u effing serious?...wtf

Yeah, why?

He wants to blast his biceps, so if that's bad, then you might as well delete the whole thread. Your biceps will get strong enough from being an auxiliary mover in chins, rows, deads, etc...

Why the hell is he caring about biceps?

I can answer your question. In the last few months I switched to commando style chinups, for two reasons 1) I think it aproximates rope climbing better than most other types and 2) the bar I ahve spins around so it is always rolling away from me with regular chins but with comando grip my hands opose each other and hold it in place. Now, since I started doing only commandos, I ahve noticed my biceps have grown more than any other time doing pullups or chins before. I think it is the peculiar position of arm closest to the bar that seems to isolate the bicep more when done this way. My traps also benefited a bit mroe I think, though not as much as the biceps. I had some days in the beginning when I over did it and had sore biceps, and I am already a chinups vetenren and cannot remember the last time I accidnetally got sore biceps from chinups, even with heavy weights.

How to do the commandos. Stand under the bar and just to one side so that it runs front to back. It should be directly over on of your shoulders. Reach up and grab it with that arm, your palm facing towards your body. Reach across your body and grip the bar with your other hand so your palms face each other. Next hang under that one shoulder and pull, keeping one arm directly under the bar while the other arm goes across your body and grips it it that way. Near the top of the movement, the arm going across the body seems to be pushing a bit rather than just pulling, due to the angle of leverage. Since this works the two sides fot he body unevenly, I always do two sets together for each about half as many reps as I would normally do. So for example, I wil stand witht he bar over my right shoudler and do a set of 8, wait 20 seconds, stand with it over my left shoulder and do a set of 8, and so on.

I have been doing:
8, 8 (20 seconds in between each 8)
(wait 1 minute)
7, 7
(wait 1 minute)
6, 6
(wait 1 minute)
5, 5
(wait 1 minute)
4, 4
(wait 1 minute)
3, 3
and just recently added my 10 pound weight (the only weight I have).

So for a better bicept workout, throw some commando grips in.

Stop whinning because someone flames you on the internet.

For God's sake, it's teh InTeRnEt!!

Get them sand of your vagina seriously.

This place might go overboard on the power only thing sometimes, but that is a matter of perspective.

This is by far one of the best forums that involves lifting. If you can't see beyond the supposed flames for this gold mine of lifting information, then too bad for you.

Back