Revealed: Mike Tyson's Favorite UFC Fighter

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mike Tyson just revealed his favorite UFC fighter. In the past few weeks, Tyson has been consistently linked to MMA particularly, with the UFC. And while most UFC stars still look up to Tyson, the former heavyweight boxing champ himself is impressed with some of the fighters in the promotion.

During a recent talk with Elie Seckbach of EsNews, 53-year-old Tyson was asked . . . about who his favorite fighter in the UFC is. Tyson was quick to answer and revealed that it was the former UFC bantamweight champ: Cody Garbrandt.

“Cody (Garbrandt), yeah! Because he’s with Tyson Ranch,” Tyson revealed.

Tyson also supports Garbrandt’s future plan of challenging professional boxer Adrien Broner. In fact, he even agreed to walk with Garbrandt as he enters the ring if the fight would really happen.

“He (Garbrandt) should go for it if he wants to,” Tyson said about Garbrandt fighting Broner.

Asked if he would walk with Garbrandt to the ring against Broner, Tyson said: “Hell, yeah!”

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/...edov-vs-georges-st-pierre-would-be-a-mistake/

What if Tyson's favorite UFC fighter was a boring lay n pray artist? That'd be a funny contrast.

Not surprised by this, Cody was on his podcast too. Garbrandt is great.

Maybe Mike was up to funny business in prison. Only reason why I can see he likes Cody.

Lol Broner absolutely toys with Garbrandt and sleeps him silly. And I hate Broner

Mickey Gall

images

<VinceCa$h>

Mike Tyson just revealed his favorite UFC fighter. In the past few weeks, Tyson has been consistently linked to MMA particularly, with the UFC. And while most UFC stars still look up to Tyson, the former heavyweight boxing champ himself is impressed with some of the fighters in the promotion.

During a recent talk with Elie Seckbach of EsNews, 53-year-old Tyson was asked . . . about who his favorite fighter in the UFC is. Tyson was quick to answer and revealed that it was the former UFC bantamweight champ: Cody Garbrandt.

“Cody (Garbrandt), yeah! Because he’s with Tyson Ranch,” Tyson revealed.

Tyson also supports Garbrandt’s future plan of challenging professional boxer Adrien Broner. In fact, he even agreed to walk with Garbrandt as he enters the ring if the fight would really happen.

“He (Garbrandt) should go for it if he wants to,” Tyson said about Garbrandt fighting Broner.

Asked if he would walk with Garbrandt to the ring against Broner, Tyson said: “Hell, yeah!”

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/...edov-vs-georges-st-pierre-would-be-a-mistake/

Well i guess Cody is cool in my book now...

Jesus Christ, who cares what Mike Tyson thinks about MMA in 2019. He has a Santa Claus beard now and is obviously in the early stages of dementia. Stop the Tyson threads, he's been irrelevant for almost 25 years now.

The interviewer should have asked Tyson which one of Cody's fights was his favourites, just to confirm it wasn't just marketing BS (it was).

Maybe Mike was up to funny business in prison. Only reason why I can see he likes Cody.

Only reason? You mean It couldn't have anything to do with their fighting styles being similar? Or their attitudes and approach to a fight being similar.

Cmon man

What if Tyson's favorite UFC fighter was a boring lay n pray artist? That'd be a funny contrast.

Not surprised by this, Cody was on his podcast too. Garbrandt is great.

I would have liked it if he'd said Elias Theodorou and then gone on a 20 minute rant about how unjust his release was.

Back