Return of SF-era Wrestling Woodley...what no one is predicting?

mkt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Almost everyone (including Sherdog's preview) is assuming Tyron will do his back-against-the cage thing once again. It's likely that Till has been heavily strategizing for this. I think there's a chance Tyron will use more wrestling--like his SF fight with Paul Daley or even Carlos Condit (his first TD caused an knee injury for Condit and paved the way for his title shot).

Till has never faced an elite wrestler and was taken down by Wonderboy. Granted, he probably wasn't expecting it, but it happened. And there's no evidence that Till would be dangerous off his back or threaten with submissions.

Strike Force Era Woodley:

tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

that was a great moment, but it's the only time Woodley has been KO'd...and Nate wasn't USADA-friendly.

Well USADA wasn't around so it doesn't matter. Marquardt didn't fail anything for that fight.

And yes, Strike Force Era Woodley got KOed there and he still has the same bad habit.

Everyone has been saying he'll. Use his wrestling, we just need to see how he looks trying to take Till down first. It's a frame thing.

Agreed. Especially if Woodley has to weather an early storm from Till, I can see him using his wrestling to turn the tide. Dude has many more weapons than Till who's impressive in brute force but seems rather one-dimensional.

Well USADA wasn't around so it doesn't matter. Marquardt didn't fail anything for that fight.

And yes, Strike Force Era Woodley got KOed there and he still has the same bad habit.

That's fine, but no one else has done it--not Wonderboy (in 2 fights), Lawler, Rory or anyone else. I don't like Tyron but he's not an easy guy to KO. And Till is pretty low-risk unless he's fighting Cerrone.

I see this fight going similar to Condit vs Woodley before Condit hurt his knee. Condit was landing a good amount of low kicks and was firing back on all of Woodley's attacks, the difference is I believe Till will put more emphasis on keeping Woodley at distance. I believe Twood will hit Till with a blitz early to see how he reacts.

That's fine, but no one else has done it--not Wonderboy (in 2 fights), Lawler, Rory or anyone else. I don't like Tyron but he's not an easy guy to KO. And Till is pretty low-risk unless he's fighting Cerrone.
Doesn't mean it won't happen or that he's corrected that bad habit.

Had his back up against the fence a lot for both WB and Rory fights. Those guys just didn't commit like Marquardt did.

I would expect Till to be better on the ground than Wonderboy given all the time he spent in Brazil.

Don't see much reason Woodley would want to wrestle him TBH.

I would expect Till to be better on the ground than Wonderboy given all the time he spent in Brazil.

Don't see much reason Woodley would want to wrestle him TBH.

I can't see Till doing much of anything off his back.

that was a great moment, but it's the only time Woodley has been KO'd...
you mean, that was a great moment, Woodley got brutally destroyed, not just KOd like a flash.

How many times has Till been KOd, or manhandled like that?

Tyron should look for takedowns. He just doesn’t do this and it would be crazy not to in this fight.

But we're talking about SF Era Woodley here and he still has the same bad habit.

True, he does. And I think Till is going to take advantage of that fence thing once Woodley starts slowing down.

Doesn't mean it won't happen or that he's corrected that bad habit.

Had his back up against the fence a lot for both WB and Rory fights. Thos
Thosee guys just didn't commit like Marquardt did.

And Till, who has only finished one of his last 5 fights, isn't likely to commit either. His first few opponents were low-level UFC guys, and he only finished one of them (his first fight).

you mean, that was a great moment, Woodley got brutally destroyed, not just KOd like a flash.

How many times has Till been KOd, or manhandled like that?

None, but he's only fought one Top 10 WW and both were afraid to commit.

I think majority of Tyron's work will be on the feet, with TDs peppered in.

I don't think he has the gas to wrestle down Till for 25mins. Woodley's grappling game has never been impressive.

Back