Rethinking this I bet Conor will get the next title shot.

Conor's fan base is maybe half of what it used to be. A few years ago his fans were loud and proud everywhere. I dont see him selling as big of ppv numbers anymore.

Possible.

but if were dana i would give him a warmup fight. like hell i would risk my draw to get his ass beat AGAIN after 2 straight losses and at most a year of rehab.

Conor vs. Rafael Fiziev is the fight to make.

If DW is to be believed then Gaethje is next in line. Of course, you can never believe a word out of Dana's mouth. The way you can tell Dana is lying is because his lips are moving.

Looking at the rankings....Tony is the best fight for Conor right now

Conor vs Cowboy 2 <Lmaoo>

Conor's fan base is maybe half of what it used to be. A few years ago his fans were loud and proud everywhere. I dont see him selling as big of ppv numbers anymore.

Funny thing how apart from money Conor fell into disgrace and the man (Aldo) he bullied a few years ago is more than ever being praised for being a legend of the sport and lining himself up for a title shot.

This is Karma at its best.

Let's think about this for a second. I do believe Dustin is going to out last Charles. Charles could win but if he does I think it would have to be a streamroll over Dustin and I just don't see it happening.

If Dustin wins we already know he will want the biggest payday he can get and fighting Conor after what happened in the 3rd fight and all the bad blood will lead to wayyyyy more money off ppv points than a rematch with Justin.

I don't care what the lying pink goof said we all know what he says is usually nonsense so I put little faith in him saying Justin is next. I think we see Dustin KO the leprechaun again.
Tough after 2 losses though. Even for Dana.

He prob fights a LW at 170 again.

Let's think about this for a second. I do believe Dustin is going to out last Charles. Charles could win but if he does I think it would have to be a streamroll over Dustin and I just don't see it happening.

If Dustin wins we already know he will want the biggest payday he can get and fighting Conor after what happened in the 3rd fight and all the bad blood will lead to wayyyyy more money off ppv points than a rematch with Justin.

I don't care what the lying pink goof said we all know what he says is usually nonsense so I put little faith in him saying Justin is next. I think we see Dustin KO the leprechaun again.

{<Mcgoat}

Dustin's fight is Dec 11th. Conor can't even start training until April. That puts his first fight back at roughly July, but more likely August. I don't see Dustin sitting out that long, and I don't think Dana would allow it. Unless he makes Gaethje vs Islam/Dariush for the interim belt.

I think more than likely, if Dustin wins this, he'll fight Gaethje around March/April, and then he'll have to fight Islam/Dariush winner in ~August as per Dana (Islam vs Beneil is a guaranteed #1 contender match), so Dustin would have to hold the title through ALL THAT and then fight Conor in December. Biggest card of the year. (Makes sense)

IN the mean time, Conor will have to come back and fight someone else. Hopefully Tony. Then if he wins that, I can see an instant title shot for December.

But more than like, even if Dustin gets the title, he won't be able to hold it from either Gaethje or Islam. So, this is all moot. Maybe he loses to Charles on the 11th and then welcomes Conor back in August. That would make sense too.

And we haven't even talked about Dustin wanting to move to WW.

<escalate99>

Conor will get the title shot no matter who wins. It only makes sense business wise. UFC will have a harder time selling the fight if Charles wins but the story writes itself if Dustin wins. 1 and 1 with Conor, injury the last fight and now for the title and the winner of the trilogy.

Sure it doesn't make sense from a sports perspective but surely people understand that UFC is entertainment first, sports second at this point.

Absolutely correct. UFC is live combat entertainment. It’s definitely not a sport under Dana’s leadership anyways.

636641819814965094-USATSI-10884201.jpg

I think UFC should lose all its viewers if Connor gets a title shot at least have him fight 2 more times

Entirely possible.. due to "business"

But it would be really funny if Conor loses again LOL

But if he wins, he probably would hog onto the belt and be stripped off it after refusing to defend it and we will see how from there

Conor is going to come back to fight a tune up. He'll be able to head line a PPV. It's easy money for Dana and it gives some confidence that Conor isn't completely washed.

I don't think that happens..

Maybe as a 'late replacement' lmao

So many problems with this.

1) Conor can't even train yet. His left leg is still in an extreme state of disuse, and Conor's got a fair bit of rehab left before he can train standup, or jiu-jitsu, or anything else requiring two fully functional legs . Even when the rehab is done, Conor's going to need extra time for that leg not to be an obvious and easy-to-take-advantage-of weakness. The earliest he could be ready to fight a real fight is the middle of next summer, and the next shot isn't waiting that long to happen.

2) Dana doesn't book Dariush/Islam if Gaethje's not next. That's a #1 contender booking, and whatever you think of Gaethje compared to Islam, Gaethje is far ahead of Dariush on the list of fighters anyone, including Dana, would like to see fight for the title.

3) Back to the bulking up - Conor pretty clearly has no intention of fighting at 155 ever again. He's put on a lot of muscle while his leg leg atrophied. Conor was lean and fully hydrated at 168 for the Nate fights. Now, lean Conor with a full-sized left leg is more like 180, maybe more. Best case scenario for 155 is a very tough weight cut for Conor, and Conor's done with tough cuts. More likely, Conor's coming back as a welterweight or at a catchweight if he comes back at all.

4) Conor's all talk. His ego won't actually let him take another fight where he's almost certain to be dominated. Even if Conor could make lightweight again, which is a stretch, he's not taking a fight against any of the top LWs who might be holding the title next year. He's looking for Nate III, which likely gets him the same payday as a title shot, if not better, and is a fight where he's likely to win and unlikely to be embarrassed in the cage. If that doesn't happen, maybe a Masvidal fight for the BMF "title" if Conor's feeling lucky or some other "spectacle" fight without any title implications.

The chance of Conor getting the next lightweight title shot is roughly 0%.

How about they Make a 165 lb weight class and only allow Conor and guys they sign off of the regional scene compete. Kind of like how Amanda has a title in a FW division that literally doesn't have any fighters.
Just like they did with Chuck Liddell before they brought over the pride guys.

Connor will get a tune up. With a barley top ten fighter. Then a automatic ts. Connor bum ass is always one fight from a ts lol.

Conor’s not even going to be ready until next fall after that leg break. Hell he might retire and never fight again. Either way Justin is getting the next title shot and they will probably fight in May or June.

Time line isn't matched up, Dustin/Olivera will defend it again before McGregor is ready to fight. Also, I think Dana would give McGregor a tune up fight like he did with Cerrone.

My prediction......

Gaethje vs Poirier/Olivera winner

Conor fight a favorable match up in the spring and if he wins he's gonna fight the winner of the above.

Good point guys. Really didn't think about the time-line.

Back