Restaurant under fire for 'racist' treatment

Improper mask wearing. This is why we have almost 250k dead.
SqKNTkL.png
I noticed that too, I would've kicked him for that alone.

In all fairness its difficult to talk or express your anger wearing that thing.

But yea, its their restaurant, follow simple rules and we can avoid stupid "controversial " issues like this
The problem comes from when those rules are enforced unevenly.

I watched the video, and the man is being aggressive and was menacing to the actual owner of the restaurant later in the video. They're also filming and clearly trying to make this a social media racism issue. They're making this about the Air Force One sneakers but the man's attitude was wrong in addition to his overall clothing.

When a restaurant tells you to leave, just leave and don't make an issue.
I had a White upper class friend who I witnessed being turned out of a restaurant because he wore sneakers (and trendy ones at that).

These Blacks (Im sorry to say it but its the truth) are just angling to make everything a racial victimhood issue, its the kind of political climate we are in, they know if they film the scene, they can get the waiters and managers fired, and sometimes even get a compensation.

It's a very bad climate in the US at the moment.

LOL the foot locker tuxedo scandal strikes again. STFU and dress properly or head to McDonald's. In my town we have one chic restaurant / club and fights happened all the time with 18 years old idiots. The owner got fed up and jacked the prices and put a dress code on. It pushed the trash out and solved every problem they had. I stand with the restaurant owner.

"Foot locker tuxedo scandal". <[analyzed}> Too funny.

after having viewed the video, I will side with the establishment owners completely on this incident.

Not saying they weren't sneakers, but they didn't look like sneakers to me. They had a shinny metallic type finish on them.

Do adidas have shiny looking metal shoes like that?

Adidas..Nike...Puma...a bunch of brands make these metallic , sparkly sneakers.
They are the same thing as regular sneakers with just metallic or sparkly coating.

The guy was right to call it out,and the staff was dumb to make a big deal out of it, but he went full retard and made their wrong somewhat irrelevant.

This is part of why people are so quick to pull the racism card. Anybody that had a LITTLE awareness and intelligence could of looked at the lady's shoes..seen that she was white and allowed in...and then looked at the black guy and his shoes and could have foreseen how it would have looked and how ridiculous it would have been to argue how their shoes are so different. Instead of letting it go, you kick him out over some dumb, illogical shit and that results in him having to make up his own reasoning as to why he got kicked out.

They are the same thing as regular sneakers with just metallic or sparkly coating.

The guy was right to call it out,and the staff was dumb to make a big deal out of it, but he went full retard and made their wrong somewhat irrelevant.

This is part of why people are so quick to pull the racism card. Anybody that had a LITTLE awareness and intelligence could of looked at the lady's shoes..seen that she was white and allowed in...and then looked at the black guy and his shoes and could have foreseen how it would have looked and how ridiculous it would have been to argue how their shoes are so different. Instead of letting it go, you kick him out over some dumb, illogical shit and that results in him having to make up his own reasoning as to why he got kicked out.

I think the goal with the dress code is aesthetics. And part is a judgment call. Sometimes there is wiggle room and sometimes there isn't, and the wiggle room isn't necessarily a race based thing. The fact is the fella was not just rocking sneakers appearing more for a basketball court than a chic style, but also wearing track pants, isn't a good look.

Honestly, I think a better case could be made for SEXISM over RACISM in this particular case if someone was gonna argue over literal following of the dress code. But all in all, restaurants like customers and staying in business and having sales, and do so unless they have a reason not to. I side with the establishment owners when considering all of the above, the employees are allowed to make judgment calls and they did. There's enough of a grey zone here for me to be satisfied with their judgment call. Had the guy been dressed impeccably top to bottom and was wearing pristine Louboutin sneakers or something, then I'd be willing to entertain unfair treatment, but not this, sorry.

The two of them acting like complete fucking assholes after about, while not flattering, does not affect my judgment on this one.

"Private Company, they can choose what they want in their platform"

Am I doing it right, dems?
I’m not seeing your point. Tell me if this is what you mean.
Some people gave a restaurant a bad review on yelp so we should let Jared Kushner be in charge of what is or isn’t allowed on social media for a few months until it’s the Democrats turn to appoint an internet czar and we never again have the same amount of freedom of choice or speech as we enjoy today.
Is that about right?

I don’t answer to any MAGA idiots like you.
I don't vote, so go ahead and answer. I will say the more you avoid my question and ramble on the more I really think you are one of those that believe racism is the greatest issue our country faces.

Well said!

I wouldn't even have any idea who the hell he is if members from this forum weren't constantly linking to him in outrage. If you're looking at Shaun King, you're missing the forest for the trees.

Not sure how keeping tabs on the socially prominent race hustlers is, "missing the forest for the trees". What exactly is being missed?

These people have a lot of followers. King was one of Time Magazines top 25 most influential people on the internet, for whatever that's worth. The guy is using his organization to get DAs appointed that are sympathetic to his agenda.

If your against the identity politics and race baiting eminating out of the left, you've got to look at what these people are doing.

I have a sister in law who posted/boasted about reading his book on social media. Had I not been informed as to who he is, and what he's about, I'd have had absolutely no clue what the implications of her touting that message even meant.

Last edited:
I think the goal with the dress code is aesthetics. And part is a judgment call. Sometimes there is wiggle room and sometimes there isn't, and the wiggle room isn't necessarily a race based thing. The fact is the fella was not just rocking sneakers appearing more for a basketball court than a chic style, but also wearing track pants, isn't a good look.

Honestly, I think a better case could be made for SEXISM over RACISM in this particular case if someone was gonna argue over literal following of the dress code. But all in all, restaurants like customers and staying in business and having sales, and do so unless they have a reason not to. I side with the establishment owners when considering all of the above, the employees are allowed to make judgment calls and they did. There's enough of a grey zone here for me to be satisfied with their judgment call. Had the guy been dressed impeccably top to bottom and was wearing pristine Louboutin sneakers or something, then I'd be willing to entertain unfair treatment, but not this, sorry.

The two of them acting like complete fucking assholes after about, while not flattering, does not affect my judgment on this one.

Im not against a dress code for a place, but when we are breaking down sneakers and saying these ones are cool, but those arent....yeah, you are going to get some understandably confused and angry people. Dude made a reservation and drove down there just to be told he has to go because of his shoes.?

When you have a clear rule like No Hats or No Flip Flops, there isnt a debate there. And had that lady not been there in her sneakers, the black guy wouldnt of had an argument...but, she was there,and the shoes are why he got kicked out. So I get his questioning.
I dont see how one can really try and argue with a customer on something so petty and not get them thinking bad intentions.

Obviously, I agree with you and dont think race has anything to do with this. A bit of sexism for sure. Both sides were jackasses here.

This is dumb to me on two fronts.

1. I was once told I couldn't wear my hat in a restaurant. I thought it was a dumb rule, but I left. Dress code more important than my money? Okay bye, I'm out.

you shouldn’t need to be asked to take your hat off! It’s just manners. Unless it’s a dive or some fast food place at 4am.

Manners towards who?
Who is being offended by a hat?

It’s not offensive in any way and I was only being half serious but it is general politeness, like holding a door for the person behind you. Take your hat of when you’re eating

It’s not offensive in any way and I was only being half serious but it is general politeness, like holding a door for the person behind you. Take your hat of when you’re eating
Polite to who? Why would anyone else care? Always was a custom that made little sense to me

Holding a door for someone makes sense...because otherwise it would hit them in the face if you let it close behind you.
Taking off a hat is some Victorian English shit that doesnt have any practical reason to be followed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back