Restaurant under fire for 'racist' treatment

I suppose that's true. Not sure how Yelp works from the restaurant's end, but seems like it would be pretty easy to freeze or take their page down for like 2 weeks and then put it back up in 2 weeks when the twitter mob has forgotten about it and have a new target.
Yelp makes businesses pay to remove people bombing them.

Yelp makes businesses pay to remove people bombing them.
Seems like there's a decent opportunity for someone to make another business review site that has some verification that the person is an actual customer. It might take some time to pick up steam, but it would leave yelp as the trash page full of fake reviews from non-customers, and the other a more legit review app. Same with twitter. I still can't figure out why people are even on twitter, but if Trump wins the election and announces the next week he's switching entirely to parler, the 1/3 of twitter users that follow him would instantly make parler accounts and twitter would go the way of myspace within the year, and Jack Dorsey would have to find a job as a Raputin impersonator.

Yeah, but imagine if two white people made this..

Fun fact. I’d have bugged out too if I was told I didn’t meet a dress code to eat lunch. I get some resorts have this policy and private clubs but lol at a business turning away customers during a pandemic where they are definitely suffering financially. Reap what you sow.

All money is green. Could be racist or could just be shit head elitists who would have turned away a goth, skater kid, etc.

What happen to

it’s a private business, they can do whatever they want?
They can do whatever they want but people are free to exercise their speech rights to give them bad reviews and to boycott them.

That said I think its a bit nasty to dog-pile a restaurant like this. I think what happened to this guy is messed up, clearly bias on some level, but ultimately it was the decision of the manager or whoever that guy is. But if the restaurant as a whole gets a huge economic hit everyone who works there, not just the manager who made the bad decision, suffers.

First, fucking lol @ anything Shaun King. Dude is a certified piece of shit and should be in jail for some of the irresponsible calls to action he's led against innocent people. Second, the guy in the video is just another entitled race baiter. He was being a huge asshole and constantly invading that Manager's personal space. You saw his true colors come out in the end. Not surprised at King's rabid followers leaving Yelp reviews. One look at his Twitter replies and you can see how fucking whacked out his fans are.

There's another one of these outrages going on against a Houstons in New Jersey. The group was asked to close out after occupying a table for 3.5 hours.

Regarding dress code; I find it tends to be more relaxed for ladies. As for the most part, they aren't the ones getting into fisticuffs. Besides nobody wants to see you in a muscle shirt. Cleavage, hell yes.

Buy some shoes you slob.

You have to be insane to open a restaurant these days. Everyone is looking for a free meal.

Atlanta is one of the last places I would expect this to happen. It is an extremely "black" city. There are a ton of racist black people there. I used to work for the city and in the middle of a health insurance training thing, this HR lady had no problem saying "Atlanta is the land of milk and honey for black people". I was referred to as the white boy all the time and someone even suggested I carry everything to their truck for them for reparations one time. I have no idea where I was going with that just had to get it off of my chest.

Resturant dress codes are always tricky. Obviously the restaurant wants to maintain a setting or environment thats considered classy.

They usually always post what is and isn't acceptable online and in front of the restaurant. But when it comes to shoes, im sure it can get confusing and maybe a matter of preference- and that is where the restaurant fucked up. They decided those shoes were sort of out there, and asked a black man in the year 2020 of all years to leave.

But yeah, the guy was also being a complete douche and those shoes were ugly but i would have let it slide.

A black man is refused entry to an upscale sushi restaurant in ATL due to his Air Force Ones, but there is apparently a white woman sitting in the restaurant wearing Adidas sneakers. Shaun King has posted the video on his IG and now the new Yelp policy of exposing 'racist restaurant' is being used against this establishment and the negative reviews are starting to come in on the restaurant's Yelp page.

Although interestingly, the woman filming (the man's wife) admits they've spent thousands of dollars in the past at that restaurant, so how racist exactly is it?

1231.jpg

313.jpg

https://www.yelp.com/biz/umi-atlanta?utm_source=ishare&sort_by=date_desc

The woke virtue signaling leftists from CA leaving those fake reviews should be sued for every penny. Libel charges against the incels

LOL the foot locker tuxedo scandal strikes again. STFU and dress properly or head to McDonald's. In my town we have one chic restaurant / club and fights happened all the time with 18 years old idiots. The owner got fed up and jacked the prices and put a dress code on. It pushed the trash out and solved every problem they had. I stand with the restaurant owner.

Resturant dress codes are always tricky. Obviously the restaurant wants to maintain a setting or environment thats considered classy.

They usually always post what is and isn't acceptable online and in front of the restaurant. But when it comes to shoes, im sure it can get confusing and maybe a matter of preference- and that is where the restaurant fucked up. They decided those shoes were sort of out there, and asked a black man in the year 2020 of all years to leave.

But yeah, the guy was also being a complete douche and those shoes were ugly but i would have let it slide.
His track pants too were the problem. The white lady was dressed up in her silver Adidas. LOL at spending 1000s of dollars at a restaurant. Black people trolling too hard.

so you agree that if the guy didn’t like the treatment he should just open his own restaurant?
I mean he coul but there is free speech and people are allowed to boycott this store for their owners actions are they not?

They can do whatever they want but people are free to exercise their speech rights to give them bad reviews and to boycott them.

That said I think its a bit nasty to dog-pile a restaurant like this. I think what happened to this guy is messed up, clearly bias on some level, but ultimately it was the decision of the manager or whoever that guy is. But if the restaurant as a whole gets a huge economic hit everyone who works there, not just the manager who made the bad decision, suffers.

Why is there "clearly bias on some level"? By all accounts, this restaurant is very popular with the local black community. They obviously don't have an issue with black people coming to the eat there.

Back