Restaurant Owner Tells 9-1-1 to Send Anyone But Police,

I could be off base here, but calling 911 you are giving some PC for a cop to enter your ppremises whether or not you "allow"

Portland is becoming a parody of itself.

LMAO

Anarchist has problem incident

Responds by using a tax-funded government service

Does he have another emergency option? Just because he's against monopolized law enforcement doesn't equivocate to him being against all forms of protection or emergency services.

It depends on the emergency response procedures of the city/state. Our fire department requires police for any overdose, or to certain residences/persons that have been combative in the past.

This asshole could cost someone their life if a police officer arrives on scene, has medical training, and fucking rick moranis tries to deny access. I am not saying it does not happen, but most police departments whose policy I am familiar with, do not make arrests in the event of an overdose. An investigation if possible, but no arrest. I hope his windows get smashed in and the place gets robbed, and then police refuse to respond. Most insurance companies require a police report to replace damaged windows/doors.

There is a place in my city that does not allow police. I used to eat there because it had good, French/Italian food. But we started getting calls about the owner attacking his wait staff, then a drug dealer showed up and threatened him over "business", and when he started fighting with an employee that ended up getting stabbed, he was arrested. He sent a letter to the PD and barred city employees from eating at his place. He has since been arrested a couple times for domestic battery and DUI, which was in no way retaliation. Prior to the letter, no one ate there anymore because of the evidence indicating he was a junkie, and I prefer my lamb without a sprinkle of crack.

That's pretty vindictive wouldn't you say? Because he's against a monopoly of force he should have his property destroyed? I hope you're not an LEO.

That's pretty vindictive wouldn't you say? Because he's against a monopoly of force he should have his property destroyed? I hope you're not an LEO.

No, I just play one on tv.

is this standard policy or was he just covering for the druggy

It's seems that a lot of people are misinformed about when the police can enter places without warrants or content. They could walk right in his place and he could rant and rave all he wanted but getting that guy the medical attention and making it safe for other epically personal is the job of the police. Last thing the an ambulance crew needs is to have this guy start going nuts cuz of what ever shit he put in his body.

LOL'd when I saw him and heard his little girly man voice.

What a goof.

LMAO

Anarchist has problem incident

Responds by using a tax-funded government service

I'm sure if there was a private industry alternative for removing the corpse of an heroin user he would have done so.

So he's OK with drug fiends OD'ing in his bathroom, for which this "anarchist" will call upon the state to clean up his mess... But he's not OK with cops, whose job it would be to prevent people from OD'ing in his bathroom. Interesting.

I wonder if he will want no charges filed if his place gets robbed.

And yea, I'm quite sure there are private EMS services.

Last edited:
So he's OK with drug fiends OD'ing in his bathroom, for which this "anarchist" will call upon the state to clean up his mess... But he's not OK with cops, whose job it would be to prevent people from OD'ing in his bathroom. Interesting.

I wonder if he will want no charges filed if his place gets robbed.

Can he call anyone else for emergency services for the OD, or can he call anyone else to help him with restitution if his place gets robbed?

Can he call anyone else for emergency services for the OD, or can he call anyone else to help him with restitution if his place gets robbed?

There are private EMS services out there, though I'm not sure how interconnected with the public sector they are, since I'm not in the EMS field. I would assume that the vast majority of their business is made as contractors of the city/county, but I don't see why you couldn't call them yourself. As opposed to calling 911.

In terms of calling someone else to help him with restitution, well, I hope so for his sake, because that's going to be his problem since he's apparently already forbidden police from entering his establishment.

I have no problem with a conscientiousness objector, but all I'm saying is, he's going to make himself a hypocrite really quick when all of the sudden he needs the police.

Last edited:
There are private EMS services out there, though I'm not sure how interconnected with the public sector they are, since I'm not in the EMS field. But the article states that he called 911, which is a public service. He could have called a local EMS service.

In terms of calling someone else to help him with restitution, well, I hope so for his sake, because that's going to be his problem since he's apparently already forbidden police from entering his establishment.

So you think he's out of line for potentially wanting the service he can't choose from by rejecting the monopoly he's forced to pay into?

I mean I agree with you he's kind of put himself in a bit of pickle in terms of the sentiment the PD has for him. But as I see it, it's still obligatory for the police to do their job by catching the thief, because he's obligated to pay for it and can't choose anything else.

So you think he's out of line for potentially wanting the service he can't choose from by rejecting the monopoly he's forced to pay into?

I mean I agree with you he's kind of put himself in a bit of pickle in terms of the sentiment the PD has for him. But as I see it, it's still obligatory for the police to do their job by catching the thief, because he's obligated to pay for it and can't choose anything else.

I understand (and agree with) the argument that we shouldn't be forced to pay for public services that we don't want(like police, military, or whatever). I feel that most services should be privatized. I consider myself a minarchist(minimal gov't), so I get all that.

I'm all for educating people about anarchist principles, many of which I agree with. But I guess I just don't see how demonizing the cops helps the anarchist agenda.

It's not the cop's fault that we live in a statist society; he was born into it just like we were, so it doesn't seem sensible to hate on them for their profession.

The whole cop hating thing is frustrating because the cops are not the problem. They're the low man on the totem pole of the state. It's like blaming PRIVATE RYAN for World War 2.

I understand (and agree with) the argument that we shouldn't be forced to pay for public services that we don't want(like police, military, or whatever). I feel that most services should be privatized. I consider myself a minarchist(minimal gov't), so I get all that.

I'm all for educating people about anarchist principles, many of which I agree with. But I guess I just don't see how demonizing the cops helps the anarchist agenda.

It's not the cop's fault that we live in a statist society; he was born into it just like we were, so it doesn't seem sensible to hate on them for their profession.

The whole cop hating thing is frustrating because the cops are not the problem. They're the low man on the totem pole of the state. It's like blaming PRIVATE RYAN for World War 2.

I don't see anything wrong with that, and pretty much totally agree. It's not about demonizing the cops for my part, so much as it's about rejecting the monopoly they're apart of and the effect that can have on their individual performances while on the job.

If these guys were beholden to the same market pressures as anyone else in any other privatized market I think you'd have more of these guys getting terminated from the job or changing their behavior.

That said, absent privatization, I'd like to see a tougher selection process to get on the force especially considering the volatility and unpredictability of the work.

Back