Respect to the Ruthless One

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DarthChen731, Nov 18, 2020 at 8:58 PM.

1. DarthChen731 Gold Belt

Dude may not get respect these days because of his overall record, his recent slide, or whatever, but dude... Robbie Lawler is one of the most badass mafuckas this sport has ever seen.

Was a hot young prospect, suffered some losses, went through a very average phase, but came out smarter and better than ever and had an incredible sequence of fights, including a UFC title win and multiple defenses. The second MacDonald fight is one of the most incredible things I've seen watching this sport. Bless this man. Much love to Robbie Lawler.

Arne Rud, jikjik, cookdaddy and 5 others like this.
  2. koquerelle Silver Belt

I never thought he would improve enough to come back to the ufc and have the run he had. You're absolutely right. The man gave fans a lot of memorable moments. A true warrior.

cookdaddy likes this.
  3. IswearIkeepmyhandsup Boxer

4. MMAudit Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

he def deserves a crack at BMF against Masvadal

5. spannered Real men don't wear belts

I disliked Nick Diaz for years after he KO'd a then 20 year-old Lawler in one of the earlier UFC events. I was always a huge Lawler fan. He has some truly amazing wars under his belt that not many newer fans have even seen: The Manhoef come-from-behind KO win, the Lindland beatdown, and let's not forget Trigg's near death KO for the Elite FC belt. I legit thought Trigg would never wake up.

His resurgance as a top WW, winning the belt and putting on wars for the ages once he had the strap have pleased the JB gods for many years to come.

6. DarthChen731 Gold Belt

Fuggin chills after that Rory fight... "And still"

cookdaddy likes this.
  7. cookdaddy OG of OG's

Been a huge fan of Lawler since I saw his first fight in the UFC against Aaron Riley. If you haven't seen that fight, do yourself a favor and go check it out now, its an amazing fight. But yeah, dude is a warrior. Was involved in 3 fights of the year all consecutive. Not many fighters can say that.

DarthChen731 likes this.
  8. Crash Lance Purple Belt

Lawler vs. Trigg was for the ICON Middleweight Championship, not any of the titles in the Elite XC organization.

Also, Elite XC was ultra-corrupt.

9. CalvilloRay Brown Belt

EASILY the most entertaining run to the title/title reign for me personally

fucking war every time

Bob Lawler thank you for being you

jikjik likes this.