Respect to Hollan

Yeah, Kevin Hollan.

Too much pride, this sport is unforgiving and nobody is gonna care about him when he’s 40 and struggling to pay bills.

He had top position twice, all he needed was to rain down some elbows against the mediocre guard of WB. Damaging him enough to change the complexion of the fight.

Instead he stands at kickboxing range and got broken, dude is an incredible entertainer but such a ridiculous amount of damage to suffer at his age.

Entertain us, but your fans don’t wanna see you get hurt or get cut with no big money to show for it.

Too much pride, this sport is unforgiving and nobody is gonna care about him when he’s 40 and struggling to pay bills.

He had top position twice, all he needed was to rain down some elbows against the mediocre guard of WB. Damaging him enough to change the complexion of the fight.

Instead he stands at kickboxing range and got broken, dude is an incredible entertainer but such a ridiculous amount of damage to suffer at his age.

Entertain us, but your fans don’t wanna see you get hurt or get cut with no big money to show for it.
Lets be real he could have had a minute of control then the same outcome. At least he went out on his shield and wasnt a hypocrite.

Another one with “mediocre.” Yeah his mediocre guard against the pinnacle of grappling in the division. That guard would not have been mediocre against Holland. If anything Holland should’ve pulled guard. At least he has a win off his back. Mediocre. Laughable.

Another one with “mediocre.” Yeah his mediocre guard against the pinnacle of grappling in the division. That guard would not have been mediocre against Holland. If anything Holland should’ve pulled guard. At least he has a win off his back. Mediocre. Laughable.
I mean we have footage of a fresh 1st round prime Wonderboy on his back against Woodley, absolutely getting dominated. When has WB ever showed a legitimately good defensive guard? It’s literally his main weakness, he’s avoided this via being very hard to takedown.

Holland has shown vicious Gnp and very good elbows, it seems very likely he would’ve landed many blows on WB, especially considering WB accepted the bottom position instantly, only for Holland to stand right up lol. Maybe enough damage to win a scramble and secure a sub, or maybe enough control to rest and avoid those Vicious body kicks, either way saying it would’ve had no impact is silly.

Holland does this for the fans, but these fans will be the same ones to say his top control would’ve had no impact on the fight and he would’ve lost anyway. So what’s the point of doing it? He should’ve rained down vicious GnP, and gave himself a chance to win.

I mean we have footage of a fresh 1st round Wonderboy on his back against Woodley, absolutely getting dominated.
Yes, exactly. Throwing around mediocre and then saying he got dominated by Woodley as if a prime D1 Wrestling Woodley is at all comparable to Holland. Let’s see the pedigrees of the grapplers WB has fought and looked mediocre on the ground. They ain’t Holland. And Holland doesn’t have the gas tank of any of those grapplers.

Respect, I hope he doesn't plan on retiring again under his new Sherdog given last name Hollan.

Last edited:
Yes, exactly. Throwing around mediocre and then saying he got dominated by Woodley as if a prime D1 Wrestling Woodley is at all comparable to Holland. Let’s see the pedigrees of the grapplers WB has fought and looked mediocre on the ground. They ain’t Holland. And Holland doesn’t have the gas tank of any of those grapplers.
The point is you have to test your opponents known weaknesses, WB to my knowledge has never shown an offensive guard, Holland had full ample opportunity to exploit and damage WB and willingly gave that up to strike with the most renown WW striker in recent memory.

For what? So people can shit on him anyway? Smh

The point is you have to test your opponents known weaknesses, WB to my knowledge has never shown an offensive guard, Holland had full ample opportunity to exploit and damage WB and willingly gave that up to strike with the most renown WW striker in recent memory.

For what? So people can shit on him anyway? Smh
Alright. We can agree here. But it’s not some fore gone conclusion that holland would’ve had success here. He might have. I happen to think he wouldn’t because I don’t see him being able to grind out WB and I don’t see him having the ability to maintain his top position as he tries GnP. But I’m with you that it should’ve been a focus of his and was likely his best chance at beating WB.

Alright. We can agree here. But it’s not some fore gone conclusion that holland would’ve had success here. He might have. I happen to think he wouldn’t because I don’t see him being able to grind out WB and I don’t see him having the ability to maintain his top position as he tries GnP. But I’m with you that it should’ve been a focus of his and was likely his best chance at beating WB.
I just hate when fighters go out of their way to prove something when the UFC won’t go out of their way to take care of their fighters.

If he was making millions fuck it do whatever you want, have fun win or lose. But when he’s 50 and working a full time job because he never made enough to retire he’ll regret shit like this. It’d be a miracle if he’s ever as durable in a fight again.

Just keeping it real, I have nothing against WB he’s a legend, still a high level fighter into his late 30’s, very few MMA fighters could ever say that.

Respect to both hollan and thomp
Dan Whit must be proud.

Back