Respect to CM punk for trying to defy the odds

I'll believe he is fighting when they close the cage door behind him.

The odds against him are stacked to the roof

He has plenty to lose.And he put it all on the line.Win or lose.I can respect his drive.
He hasn't beaten a fucking thing until he steps into the cage. I still think that is not going to happen.

Much love to him... I support him all the way!

punk 8.jpg

CM is challenging himself in the ultimate way. Only on Sherdog is that hated on.

A rich guy who is REALLY financially set decides to fight on the biggest stage in front of millions of people.

The universe awards a man who is willing to step up for a challenge. He'll do good.
With his resources, choice of camp and the money he will earn....on my life, absolutely.

Props for challenging himself but it's not like he scratched and clawed his way fighting for chump change in scrub orgs. He was given a free ride to the top and will make bank from it. I see someone who earned a lot of money, got bored/tired of the WWE life and has the resources and popularity to try his hand in the UFC. Again, props for trying but I don't see this as a heroic act whatsoever.

Edit: for the record, im not cheering for him to lose. Hoping for a good show.
Why didn't he do something else that pays more money without getting punched in the face? It's not like the UFC is the only option.

Dude wants to fight plain and simple.

CM is challenging himself in the ultimate way. Only on Sherdog is that hated on.

A rich guy who is REALLY financially set decides to fight on the biggest stage in front of millions of people.

The universe awards a man who is willing to step up for a challenge. He'll do good.

Finally some logic

Thank you

TS is right. All the beta losers that replied are wrong. Punk is a brave man that deserves respect.

War CM Punk.
He has nothing to lose.
He is living his dream.
He is already retired from wrestling.
He is rich.
He is moving on to his next challenge.
Win or lose, he wins.

I tip my hat to the man for putting himself out there the way he is in his mid 30's , takes a lot of balls

To hell with it , I hope he wins

You guyz down with the CM Squad?

We're over a 100 strong.

You are not alone!

revolution.jpg

I have the latest CM PUnk training footage

b294f76e7f34ed5cbd5367ae50bad445.gif

I would like his story if it was a "come from nothing, rise to greatness" type. But as pointed out by @Thepaintbucket , he was given every single advantage you could ask for and will probably make an ass load more than 90% of the roster. Let's call it what it is, it's a freakshow fight.

Of course it's a freak show fight. Doesn't mean the freak deserves no respect. Are you telling me you had no respect for Giant Silva?

Why didn't he do something else that pays more money without getting punched in the face? It's not like the UFC is the only option.

Dude wants to fight plain and simple.
Again that's cool. It a little easier for him with his money and resources. I wouldn't be shocked if he pulls over a mill.

To move from WWE where he has a solid fanbase to potentially becoming the laughing stock

Nearly 40 yrs old fighting someone who is half your age and has more experience

yh like i said defying the odds

He was already gone from the WWE when he signed with the UFC. He got sick of the WWE way before he even thought about doing this.

Give me loads of money. Give me one of the best Gyms to train at with amazing talent to train with......hell yeah I'd do this whether financially set or not. The money he is going to make will be through the roof.

He has plenty to lose.And he put it all on the line.Win or lose.I can respect his drive.
I could understand you saying that if he was up against a vet but he is facing a fighter with 2 fights coming out of a shittier camp then himself... its normal for a 2-0 fighter to fight a 0-0 fighters sorry

Meh. He wants to be a crossover star, and is going to get humiliated. Nothing to see here.

i dont have anything against cm punk. more so the UFC for signing him. what happened to "UFC: where the best fight the best 3 times a year"

The odds are against him? Not really. He probably got to handpick his opponent with the help of the UFC. Probably has years of training under his belt now. He has the money to afford trainers, the time to train, high level fighters to train with..etc.

At this point, he's pursuing this as a hobby. His reputation in the MMA community might get laughed at but that's pretty much it.
Oh be quiet.

I respect him for potentially stepping into the octagon with zero fights. However, he should never have been given the chance to begin with, considering the amount of fighters out there trying to claw their way up to a UFC shot. If being famous is all there is to it why not start giving every celebrity willing a shot?
I get it from a monetary perspective, but I also get why it's annoying to actual fighters who got there on their own merit.

Back