Respect to CM punk for trying to defy the odds

WhatNOW

THE KING IS BACK
Banned
Reaction score
The odds against him are stacked to the roof

He has plenty to lose.And he put it all on the line.Win or lose.I can respect his drive.

will you idiots stop making conor mcgregor punk threads

The odds are against him? Not really. He probably got to handpick his opponent with the help of the UFC. Probably has years of training under his belt now. He has the money to afford trainers, the time to train, high level fighters to train with..etc.

At this point, he's pursuing this as a hobby. His reputation in the MMA community might get laughed at but that's pretty much it.

To move from WWE where he has a solid fanbase to potentially becoming the laughing stock

Nearly 40 yrs old fighting someone who is half your age and has more experience

yh like i said defying the odds

CM is challenging himself in the ultimate way. Only on Sherdog is that hated on.

A rich guy who is REALLY financially set decides to fight on the biggest stage in front of millions of people.

The universe awards a man who is willing to step up for a challenge. He'll do good.

Respect for WhatNOW for jock riding men who aren't Conor. Shows you are well rounded

CM is challenging himself in the ultimate way. Only on Sherdog is that hated on.

A rich guy who is REALLY financially set decides to fight on the biggest stage in front of millions of people.

The universe awards a man who is willing to step up for a challenge. He'll do good.

Finally some logic

Thank you

I would like his story if it was a "come from nothing, rise to greatness" type. But as pointed out by @Thepaintbucket , he was given every single advantage you could ask for and will probably make an ass load more than 90% of the roster. Let's call it what it is, it's a freakshow fight.

I would like his story if it was a "come from nothing, rise to greatness" type. But as pointed out by @Thepaintbucket , he was given every single advantage you could ask for and will probably make an ass load more than 90% of the roster. Let's call it what it is, it's a freakshow fight.

Would you be willing to put yourself through that ordeal given the circumstance ?

TS is right. All the beta losers that replied are wrong. Punk is a brave man that deserves respect.

I'm not so much mad with Punk but mad with the UFC for signing him.

War CM Punk.
He has nothing to lose.
He is living his dream.
He is already retired from wrestling.
He is rich.
He is moving on to his next challenge.
Win or lose, he wins.

I tip my hat to the man for putting himself out there the way he is in his mid 30's , takes a lot of balls

To hell with it , I hope he wins

I think the big problem is that there are legit fighters who are out there breaking their backs just to get signed with the ufc and then punk comes along and immediately gets signed by the "premier organisation" with an 0-0 record.

Would you be willing to put yourself through that ordeal given the circumstance ?
With his resources, choice of camp and the money he will earn....on my life, absolutely.

Props for challenging himself but it's not like he scratched and clawed his way fighting for chump change in scrub orgs. He was given a free ride to the top and will make bank from it. I see someone who earned a lot of money, got bored/tired of the WWE life and has the resources and popularity to try his hand in the UFC. Again, props for trying but I don't see this as a heroic act whatsoever.

Edit: for the record, im not cheering for him to lose. Hoping for a good show.

With his resources, choice of camp and the money he will earn....on my life, absolutely.

Props for challenging himself but it's not like he scratched and clawed his way fighting for chump change in scrub orgs. He was given a free ride to the top and will make bank from it. I see someone who earned a lot of money, got bored/tired of the WWE life and has the resources and popularity to try his hand in the UFC. Again, props for trying but I don't see this as a heroic act whatsoever.

its almost a guarantee that u will always be facing much younger experienced opponents.

And can very likely end up with zero wins.

Either way i respect that he is brave enough to step into foreign terrority.

I
its almost a guarantee that u will always be facing much younger experienced opponents.

And can very likely end up with zero wins.

Either way i respect that he is brave enough to step into foreign terrority.
and that's cool. I can see the interest in it, I just don't share in it. Good luck to him.

Back